19th February 2011, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Are computer science students eligible for IES exam? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam?

can computer science students write ies exam?what are eligibility criteria? what are syllabus?

Please reply

Related Questions:
  1. Are computer science students of engineering not eligible for IES exam
  2. Computer Science Students Eligibility in IES? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Is a B.Tech Computer Science student eligible to answer IAS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam?
  4. Any chance for B.Tech computer science student passouts to apply for IES entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria for the same?
  5. IES Exam eligibility for BE computer science students
  6. What is the syllabus for IES? I am pursuing B.E from computer science
  7. IES exam for a CSE student?
  8. What is PSU exam? Eligibility criteria for it? Can a computer science engineering graduate appear for it? What is the syllabus?
  9. Detailed Information regarding IES Exam? What syllabus should I prepare for IES Exam in ECE stream? Required Eligibility criteria to appear for this Exam?
  10. Eligibility for IES for CSE students? Syllabus for IES?
  11. Can Computer Science students take up IES exam?
  12. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of PhD(Computer Science) entrance exam conducted by Osmania University? -- [New]
  13. Eligibility for UGC-NET and CSIR-NET for Humanities, Computer Science and MCA candidates?
  14. Which subjects should I choose for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing Computer Science Engineering?
  15. How to apply for IES exam after completing my B.E in computer engineering
  16. Required Eligibility criteria to appear for IES Exam in Civil Engineering? What syllabus should I prepare for this Exam? Top Coaching Centers for this Exam?
  17. Last date to fill up IES exam form?
  18. Is Computer Science Engineer eligible to give IES exam?
20th February 2011, 02:39 AM
Amed2010

Default Re: Are computer science students eligible for IES exam? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam?

No. They will not.
You may visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
IES is conducted for 4 stream.
1.CIVIL
2.Mechanical
3.Electrical
4.Electronics & Tele Communication
20th February 2011, 05:52 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Exclamation Re: Are computer science students eligible for IES exam? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam?

Brief About IES (Indian Engineering Services) && IES (Indian Economic Services)

Upsc Conducts Both the Exam Every year. Before Engineering Exam called as IES Exam but now its Engineering Services Exam (ESE) and IES Is Indian Economic Services.

For Engineering Services Exam (ies as specified by you)

• Eligibility:-
    • Only Final year Or passed out Students from Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics & telecommunication branches are Eligible.
    • Being a Computer Science Student Sorry to say but you can't write Engineering Services Exam.

attachments:- Engineering Services Notification 2011 cum Syllabus For above named branches

For Indian Economic Services :-

• Eligibility:-

• Final year Or passed out Students From Any Degree from any discipline are Eligible for IES with age limits from 21 to 30 years of age.
    • For this You are Eligible

Syllabus:- Click here to jump to Upsc.gov.in For syllabus
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 218 views)
20th February 2011, 06:22 AM
mayankmadhur1403

Default Re: Are computer science students eligible for IES exam? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam?

IES(indian engineering service exam) is only for Electrical, Electronics & communication, civil and mechanical branches. so, you as a computer science student are not eligible for IES. You can try for IAS(indian administrative service).
20th February 2011, 08:35 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Are computer science students eligible for IES exam?

IES Exams is conducted by UPSC every Year.

So, if You have a Degree in Engineering in civil, Electrical, Mechanical and in Electronics Engineering, And if you are in your final year exams, then you can also apply for IES on provisional basis.

Age Eligiblity -

And to Appear In IES Exams, Your age Should Between 21 To 30 Years. The Age Relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST,OBC And for Physically challenged Candidates.

So, for Indian Engineering Services IES, You are not eligible, Because A Computer Science Candidates Can Not Apply for IES Exams Only Engineering students in the decipline of civil, Electrical, Mechanical and in Electronics Engineering.

And if you are interested to get more detail regading IES examination, Then please visit the official websites of UPSC -

www.upsc.gov.in
20th February 2011, 09:45 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Engineering exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

you are not eligible for the Engineering exam.

Eligibility :

if you have degree in Civil,Mechanical,Electrical and Electronics Engineering,And
Final year students also eligible for the exam.

Age limits :

You need to be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August, 2011.
Age relaxations exist as per Govt. rules.

i am attached the syllabus of IES.
20th February 2011, 10:19 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can computer science students write ies exam?what are eligibility criteria? what are syllabus?

Please reply
hi,

I am sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to take up IES exam.
IES exams are conducted by UPSC every year for the engineering students for the following courses:
civil
Mechanical
Electrical
Electronics and telecommunication.

The eligibility criteria:
qualification: Engineering degree on the above courses from recognized university
attempt- 4

The syllabus comes for the four courses. So its not for CS.

Thanks..
20th February 2011, 10:40 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,
I am so sorry to say that a computer science student can't eligible for IES exam.students of civil,electrical electronics and mechanical students are eligible for IES exam.
AGE LIMIT
candidate of 21 to 30 year can apply for IES.
for more information visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
20th February 2011, 11:27 AM
divaykhosla

yes you can apply under electronics stream
UPSC Indian Engineering Services (IES) Examination - Eligibility Conditions

(I) Nationality:

A candidate must be either:

(a) a citizen of India, or

(b) a subject of Nepal, or

(c) a subject of Bhutan, or

(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued by the Government of India.

(II) Age Limits:

(a) A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, of the current year

(b) The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.

(i) A candidate who holds substantively a permanent post in the particular Department/Office concerned. This relaxation will not be admissible to a probationer appointed against a permanent post in the Department/Office during the period of his probation.

(ii) A candidate who has been continuously in a temporary service on a regular basis in the particular Department/Office for at least 3 years on the 1st August, of current year.

Column 1 Column 2
Railway Department I.R.S.E.
I.R.S.M.E.
I.R.S.E.E.
I.R.S.S.E.
I.R.S.S.
Central Public Works Department C.E.S.—Group ‘A’
C.E. & M.E.S., Group ‘A’
Engineer-in-Chief, Army Headquarters M.E.S. Group A (IDSE B & R Cadre),M.E.S. Group A (IDSE—E. & M. Cadre)
Directorate General Ordnance Factories I.O.F.S. Group A
Central Water Commission C.W.E. Service (Group A)
Central Electricity Authority C.P.E. Service (Group A)
Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation
Engineer (Group 'A')
Indian Navy Indian Naval Armament Service,Assistant Naval Store Officer Grade I
Border Roads Organisation Border Roads Engineering Service.
Geological Survey of India Drilling Engineer (Jr.) Gr. 'A'

NOTE—The period of apprenticeship if followed by appointment against a working posts on the Railways may be treated as Railway Service for the purpose of age concession.

(c) The upper age-limit prescribed above will be further relaxable—

(i) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;

(ii) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

(iii) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.

(iv) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Service personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof;

(v) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, ) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or (iii) on invalidment;

(vi) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Services as on 1st August, and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.

(vii) Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.

N.B.—The candidature of a person who is admitted to the examination under the age concession mentioned in Para 3(II)(b) above shall be cancelled if, after submitting his application he resigns from service or his services are terminated by his department/office either before or after taking the examination. He will, however, continue to be eligible if he is retrenched from the Service or post after submitting his application. A candidate who after submitting his application to the department is transferred to other department/office will be eligible to compete under departmental age concession provided his application has been forwarded by his parent department.

SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED.

The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to matriculation or in an extract from a Register of matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates are required to be submitted along with the detailed applications which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of the written part of the examination.

No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.

The expression Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.

NOTE 1:- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT ONLY THE DATE OF BIRTH AS RECORDED IN THE MATRICULATION/SECONDARY EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE OR AN EQUIVALENT CERTIFICATE ON THE DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE COMMISSION AND NO SUBSEQUENT REQUEST FOR ITS CHANGE WILL BE CONSIDERED OR GRANTED.

NOTE 2:- CANDIDATES SHOULD ALSO NOTE THAT ONCE A DATE OF BIRTH HAS BEEN CLAIMED BY THE THEM AND ENTERED IN THE RECORDS OF THE COMMISSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADMISSION TO AN EXAMINATION, NO CHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED SUBSEQUENTLY (OR AT ANY OTHER EXAMINATION OF THE COMMISSION) ON ANY GROUNDS WHATSOEVER.

NOTE 3. CANDIDATES SHOULD EXERCISE DUE CARE WHILE ENTERING THEIR DATE OF BIRTH IN COLUMN 8 OF THE APPLICATION FORM. IF ON VERIFICATION AT ANY SUBSEQUENT STAGE, ANY VARIATION IS FOUND IN THEIR DATE OF BIRTH FROM THE ONE ENTERED IN THEIR MATRICULATION OR EQUIVALENT EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE, DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST THEM BY THE COMMISSION UNDER THE RULES.

(III) Minimum Educational Qualification:

For admission to the examination, a candidate must have—

(a) obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or

(b) passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or

(c) obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or

(d) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or

(e) passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or

(f) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.

Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group 'A' in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:-

M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.

NOTE-1—A candidate who has appeared at an examination the passing of which would render him educationally qualified for this examination, but has not been informed of the result, may apply for admission to the examination. A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but their admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination alongwith the detailed applications which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of written part of the examination.

NOTE-2—In exceptional cases, the Commission may treat a candidate, who has not any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule, as educationally qualified provided that he has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his admission to the examination.

NOTE-3—A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a foreign University which is not recognised by Government, may also apply to the Commission and may be admitted to the examination at the discretion of the Commission.

(iv) Physical standards

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Examination, as per guidelines given in the rules for the Engineering Services Examination
20th February 2011, 03:55 PM
ronaldo

dear friend
a computer science student cannot appear in the IES exam. in the syllabud for the IES exam the subjects alloted are not common to the Computer science dept.
for the eligibility criteria you can visit
www.iwinacademy.com › Competitive
13th March 2011, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

I am doing automobile enggineering. My subject are same as mechanical engg..can i give IES exam...
14th March 2011, 08:02 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Are computer science students eligible for IES exam? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam?

Quote:
I am doing automobile enggineering. My subject are same as mechanical engg..can i give IES exam...
IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special

subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

yes you can write IES under Mechanical category..

Application submission procedure..
you can apply online and goto site www.upsconline.nic.in and apply else offline

form can be available in GPO and post of INDIA.

The last date of submitting application is

(MONDAY)

and the exam will be commence on

14.05.2011 (SATURDAY)

and it will be of 03 DAYS
14th March 2011, 08:48 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello Dear,

Yes, computer science students are eligible for IES exam.

IES (Indian Engineering Service) Examination are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

1. Pass graduation / Bachelor’s degree in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivqlent from a recognised institute / university.

2. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. Nationality - Indian

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply for IES exam.

And For more details & updated information visit UPSC official website i.e.
www.upsc.gov.in

Syllabus of the IES exam: -
1. Technical (Related to your branch)
2. Non Technical - includes Reasoning, apptitude, general knowledge, current affairs, maths and english.

All the Best
14th March 2011, 10:41 AM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:

Please reply
SORRY YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE ;

ONLY ME, EC ,CV ,EEE. WILL ABLE TO GIVE THE EXAM.

Age Limit

Age must be more than 21 years and less than 30 years. The upper age relaxation for SC, ST, Government servants is 5 years; for OBC is 3 years and for physically challenged is 10 years.

Nationality

The applicant must be citizen of India, subject of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugee, Indian origin who have migrated from selected countries in order to settle in India permanently.

Educational Qualification

Degree in Engineering, final year students can also apply on provisional basis. Additionally, the candidates have to be physically fit as per the guidelines of UPSC.
14th March 2011, 10:42 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

ELIGIBILITY :

Age Limits:

MINIMUM 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August,
of the current year

The upper age relaxation for SC, ST, Government servants is 5 years; for OBC is 3 years
and for physically challenged is 10 years.

Minimum Educational Qualification:

degree in following Engineering branches from a recognized University .
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

SO IT MEAN THAT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE :

obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution

passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and
Telecommunication Engineers (India); or

passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the
Aeronautical Society of India; or
14th March 2011, 10:57 AM
Current g.k

After completing Bachelor degree you can eligible for IIS and state administrative exam.
Computer B.tech in any stream allowed.
14th March 2011, 01:27 PM
cricket007
Banned

dear friends,

IES Eligibility Criteria

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special

subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

yes you can write IES under Mechanical category..

Application submission procedure..
you can apply online and goto site www.upsconline.nic.in and apply else offline

form can be available in GPO and post of INDIA.

all the best........................

check the attachments,
Attached Files
File Type: doc Examinations.doc(72.0 KB, 92 views)
14th March 2011, 04:15 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Are computer science students eligible for IES exam? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam?

dear friend you can't write in the IES EXAM which is conduct by UPSC..........

because only mechanical,civil,electrical,electronics and communication,telecommunication is eligible for this exam.......

you can choose another main subject and give the exam but comp. science is not allowed in this exam...............
14th March 2011, 04:57 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

IES Eligibility Criteria

Degree in these branches---
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

notification of ias examination

important dates :

civil services exam dates (prelim)

Date of Notification: 19.02.2011

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 21.03.2011

Date of Exam: 12.06.2011

for more details please visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th March 2011, 05:36 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
First of all lets clear one thing, the exam you are referring to is now called the Engineering Service exam and not IES, IES stands for Indian Economic Services.

As you are doing automobile engineering, then you can appear for the Engineering Service Exam under the Mechanical Engineering category.

Eligibility:

Minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August,2100 of the year of exam.
Also upper age limit is 30 years(relaxations for SC/ST.OBC)

Educational Qualifications:

A graduation degree in B.E/BTech.
Final year students can also apply for the exam.

So if you are a final year student, you can apply.

Good Luck!
14th March 2011, 07:36 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Are computer science students eligible for IES exam? Eligibility criteria and syllabus of the exam?

Quote:

Please reply
Hi

Yes computer science students are eligible to apply for the IES exam.
But to apply for the IES exam you have to apply from the Electronics
and communication branch. Because only following branch candidates
are eligible to apply for the IES exam
1.CIVIL
2.Mechanical
3.Electrical
4.Electronics & Tele Communication

So if you want to give IES exam you have to give exam of any one
of the branch. So a computer science students are eligible to apply
for the IES exam but they have to choose any one branch for their
exam.
14th March 2011, 07:41 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Quote:

Please reply
IES exam is not conducted for Computer science field student.So you are not eligible.

IES Eligibility criteria :
1) The applicant must have a Engineering degree from any recognized institute.
2) The examination is conducted for the branches of Civil. Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering only.

You may visit the following official website for more details:-
http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notific...gg.htm#PageTop

IES Exam-2011 Dates:
IES Exam-2011 Notification: 8th January, 2011 (Saturday)
IES Exam-2011 last date of form receipt: 7th February, 2011 (Monday).
IES Exam-2011 Written Exam date: 4th June, 2011 (Saturday)

I am attaching the notification so you can check there too.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES 2011 notification.pdf(143.4 KB, 68 views)
15th March 2011, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Recruitment on the results of IES exam are done under the following categories:

Category I – Civil Engineering
Category II – Mechanical Engineering
Category III – Electrical Engineering
Category IV – Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
29th March 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

why are computer science students not eligible for IES?
15th April 2011, 08:04 PM
sureshcbe
Member+

Quote:
why are computer science students not eligible for IES?
No you are wrong.
CSE candidates are eligible
but they can't take the exam in their own CS subject.
They have to take the other subjects (ECE,EEE) as the main paper.
20th July 2011, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

As you directed that BTech in Comuter Sience can opt other subject and can appear. Kindly list the subject which i can opt for IES
4th February 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

I have done my btech in electrical engineering.
Can i write ies in electronics ??????
22nd May 2012, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

ARE COMPUTER SCIENCESTUDENTS ELIGIBLE FOR IES EXAM? IF NOT. THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW .ABOUT OTHER EXAMS OF THIS TYPE
10th August 2012, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

is b.tech computer science students elgible for ies exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?