21st August 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

What will be the salary of an IAS Officer? Duties and Responsibilities of an IAS Officer?

may i know the salary and packages offered for ias officers in india and also the duties and responsibilities of an ias officer?

21st August 2012, 04:46 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will be the salary of an IAS Officer? Duties and Responsibilities of an IAS Officer?

IAS which means Indian Administrative Service officers are recruited by the Union government (currently UPA) on the recommendations of the UPSC. What this means is that Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts a exam called Civil Service Examination to recruit IAS officers.

Cadidates who manages to pass this exam are recruited for the responsibility of IAS officer. IAS is a civil servant who is very essential part of bureaucracy in India. There are number of responsibilities of the IAS officer. Since there are several different posts in the IAS officer, the responsibility varies according to them. There are number of posts in the IAS like District Officer, Cabinet Secretary, Additional Secretary, Director etc.

The responsibilites of IAS officer include:

To consult the concerned ministry and implement of help frame the policy in his district or region.

He/She also supervise the implementation of policy introducted by the central government. This also means to consistently traveling to the places where policies are suppose to be implemented and check whether everything is being done smoothly. He/She then gives the feedback to concerned ministry regarding the status of implementation of the policy.

IAS officer also ensures that public fund is being utilized properly. In case of the irregularities they are answerable to the Parliament or the State Assembly.

IAS officer also have to manage the districts during the natural disaster like floods, earthquake or in case of riots etc. In such scenario IAS officers becomes ear and eyes of the state or central government keeping them updated with the current situation and help the government take necessary actions.

Salary:

The 6th Pay Commission has resulted in good salary for the IAS officers. The pay depends on the grade of the officer.

Junior Scale

Pay Band: Rs 15600-39100 Grade Pay Rs 5400

Senior Scales

Senior Time Scale
Pay Band: Rs 15600-39100 Grade Pay Rs 6600

Junior Administrative Grade
Pay Band: Rs 15600-39100 Grade Pay Rs 7600

Selection Grade
Pay Band: Rs 37400-67000 Grade Pay Rs 8700

Super Time Scale

Pay Band: Rs 37400-67000 Grade Pay Rs 10000

There are of course additional perks that are offered to the IAS officer. For example He/She is allowted 4-5 bedroom house for rent as low as Rs 500 to Rs 1000 per month.

The electricity and water supply. IAS officer is also given a government vehicle for official as well the personal usage.
21st August 2012, 08:21 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: What will be the salary of an IAS Officer? Duties and Responsibilities of an IAS Officer?

dear,

IAS POST IS THE most reputed post which serves only for social service

job description:

IAS officers are trained to handle government affairs .

their main work is especially at the centre ,involves formulation,implementation of policies,decision making officers at various levels like joint secretary, deputy secretary,at the beginner of his career IAS join the state administration

starting salary: 13,000/- per month excluding other allowances

all the best
24th November 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

can a commere apply for upsc exam??
3rd December 2012, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

At present I am completing my B.C.A degree from Bangalore University, can I apply for I.A.S exam after my completion of bachelor
degree? If yes, then can you suggest me which subjects should I choose for the exam.
20th December 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

how many i a s officers SDM sallary in starting and how % it increases per annum? and how promote i a s officer after his long services. plz tell accurate about it.
21st December 2012, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Please refer to the website of DOPT(Department of Personnel and Training) you will get your reply.
18th February 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

What will be the subjects(topics) for i.a.s exam?

Quickly permitted to come up to GHD fraction straighteners with GHD by cheapghdnz2013.webs.com seedy assess!
Workshop after ill-starred Nike moment max shoes, pulchritudinous and clever Cheap Nike Shoes on cheapnikeshoesau2013.webs.com creamy white sale in the good of both women and men!
2013 Chintzy Karen Millen Outlet by karenmillenoutletsuk.webs.com On Transaction In Our Online Upon!
Concede to to the certified store. Succour Send Release Chanel Bags for chanelbagsstore.webs.com worldwide. We hawk just contrast products!

----------------------Information Bar-----------------------
http://www.gahetna.nl/collectie/inde...38/achtergrond Result: chosen nickname "FAINYPREPTNAT"; success;
19th February 2013, 10:13 AM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

HELLO,

IAS, which stands for Indian Administrative Services, conducted by UPSC is one of the most coveted jobs in India.

The biggest attraction of an IAS post is the power and prestige that come with it.However, even if you have remove the prestige and power quotient, the post of IAS is still lucrative in terms of starting salary and the growth.

How much is an IAS recruit paid?

In India, government employees are paid according to pay scales . For an IAS officer, there are five scales viz. Junior Scale, Senior Time Scale, Junior Administrative Grade, Selection Grade, and Super Time Scale.

Junior Scale- A new IAS recruit joins at this pay scale. This pay scale has a basic pay of INR 15,600-39,100, apart from a Grade Pay of INR 5400. After serving two years as a probationary officer, a new IAS recruit gets posted as a sub collector or a SDO.

Senior Time Scale- An IAS recruit gets promoted to this pay scale after at least 5 years of service. The pay band is the same in this scale as that in Junior Scale, but the grade pay increases to INR 6600.

Junior Administrative Grade- The pay band again remains the same in this scale. However, the grade pay increases to INR 7600. An IAS gets promoted to this scale after at least 9 years of service.

Selection grade- The pay band in this scale is between INR 37,400 – 67,000, with a grade pay of INR 8700.

Super time scale- The pay band in this scale is the same i.e. INR 37,400-67,000, with a grade pay of INR 8700. An IAS gets promoted to this scale after at least 17-20 years of service.
What is the starting salary of an IAS?

While that was about the general pay scales and pay bands, that gives no idea about the starting salary of an IAS recruit. As of now, the starting salary of an IAS recruit is calculated as follows:

Basic Pay- INR 23,640
Daily Allowance (65% of Basic Pay)- INR 23,640
HRA (30% of basic pay)- INR 7092
TA- INR 5280
Total salary- INR 51,378

There are duties central to all levels of IAS Officer.

IAS Officers are involved in :

> > planning in their district,

> > making decisions on action to be taken.

> > Setting plans down on paper and modifying and/or clarifying them.

> > Policy making is another duty of an IAS Officer.

> > Once those policies have been made and clarified, it is the IAS Officer's responsibility to implement them,

> > Assuring rules and regulations are followed.

> > IAS Officers must also supervise the progress of projects in a wide range, from the public to the corporate sectors.

> > IAS officers must also monitor funds for these projects, assuring that the funds are used for the intended purposes. Additionally, IAS officers must assess projects, make recommendations and provide relevant information about projects, especially to parliament.

> > Finally, IAS Officers will represent the government of India via boards of public corporations or institutions at national or international forums.

> > The average day of an IAS Officer looks very much like any bureaucrat's day.

> > A daily schedule might include checking mail, arriving at the office, meeting with superiors, chairing a meeting, lunch, file work, attending a meeting, answering letters/mail, file work continues, and finally call it a day unless there is an emergency.

HOPE IT HELPS ...
GOOD LUCK !
20th February 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

i want to talk an ias officer plz give a his/her email id.............
30th April 2013, 04:40 PM
Drarserut

Default Thanks for sharing

I consider, that you are not right. I am assured. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.
23rd May 2013, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

THE STARTING SALARY OF IAS OFFICERS IS AS FOLLOWS:

Pay Band III: Rs 15,600- 39100 Grade pay Rs 5400

What does it mean? It means:
Basic (A): 15600 5400= 21000
Dearness allowance @ 80% (1.01.2013) (B): 21000*.80= 16800
Total A B: 21000 16800= 37800 (GROSS SALARY)
There are mandatory deductions like PF deduction @ 10% of above= 3780, GLIS @ Rs 120, Health cover @ Rs 350 etc. approx.
Also, there will be income tax deductions, professional tax deductions etc at source from GROSS at prevailing rates/slabs
Total deductions will be in the range of approx. 5250. Thus NET SALARY= 37800-5250= 32550
Please note that since, IAS officer will usually avail govt. accommodation, so HRA is not payable. Only, a nominal license fee (rent) of Rs 500-1000 will be deduced from salary.
Also, since IAS officer will avail staff car, so transport allowance is not payable.
There will be an annual increment on 1st July @3% of basic. The dearness allowance is revised twice a year based on inflation.
Please note that since 1.1.2004, there is no pension payable to civilian govt employees, including IAS officer. Instead of pension, govt will give matching contribution to PF (i.e. Rs 3700 pm). After retirement, the IAS officer would have to depend on his PF corpus only.

Thus, a starting cash-in-hand salary of approx Rs 32,000 per month for a young and aspirational man joining IAS may look meager. But this is the salary structure of govt for all group A employees. One should not forget two important perks though. In lieu of TA, free ambassador car driver petrol for almost unlimited use. In lieu of HRA, maintenance free 4 bedroom bungalow with free electricity, water, cook, mali, servant etc. Please note that bungalows are bigger in field districts, but may be smaller in state capitals, and may be apartment type in New Delhi. SO, CAR AND BUNGALOW ARE TWO BIGGEST ATTRACTIONS FOR JOINING IAS. Also, starting salary in payband III is low, but after 10-12 years, salary in payband IV is bit decent. Like many other govt employees, some IAS officers may also indulge to benefit from all pervasive channels of corruption in our governments, but THIS ROUTE MUST NOT BE TAKEN BY ANYONE. IAS provides a wide canvas and diversity of job profiles. Every, 2-4 years, one is transferred to a new job. Look at IAS as chance to serve the poor and improve governance of this country- which will be a great service to the nation.
4th June 2013, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

iam doing my B.E.(ECE) final year i want the best institute to study in tamilnadu and which subject i should take?
9th June 2013, 11:14 AM
VonVobSodia

Default you should do your research well in advance

* Put keyword in link: Keyword in link means that you have your keyword in your tag, like your keyword here.

However as a guide for each campaign you should aim for no more than four or five adgroups each with ten to twenty good keywords.

The 2002 Fox Sports Net Golf Trail is presented by Boyne Country Sports.

Unfortunately, most of the proper stock agencies get eaten up by Getty, so your best bet is to get onto Alamy.

Check it out! Your first RSS Feed! Try it yourself right now, create your first RSS feed in under five minutes, FREE! The only way you can truly learn about them is for you to JUMP in FEET FIRST!.

There are a ton of options out there, so before you choose you should sit down and decide exactly what features you do and do not want in an online store.
24th June 2013, 06:31 PM
Drarserut

Default I consider, that you are mistaken. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM.

Thanks for an explanation, I too consider, that the easier, the better …
30th June 2013, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

what is the pay scale of technician in Maharastra Electrycity Board after six pay comission?
26th December 2013, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I am doing BE 3rd year I want to become an IAS officer how should I prepare and when should I start to prepare
26th December 2013, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

I am doing 3rd year BE I want to become an IAS officer how should I prepare and when should I start to prepare
7th February 2014, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

I actually wanted to be a doctor,but couldnt go for it due to some family problems.Now, I want to prepare for IAS as I am interested in social service. Could u plz tell me if IAS gives me the same satisfaction as a doctor profession does?
8th February 2014, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

why does an ias officer gets a higher post only after so many years that is more than 10 years?
5th June 2014, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th std at present which subjects should I take in my 11th
24th September 2014, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

hello!
m doing btech final year with cse.someone encourage me to apply for IAS .actually i dont have any knowledge about IAS.m confuse what should i do in future?
i need some guidence regarding this .will u help me plz!!!
25th December 2014, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I am doing third year engineering. I want to become ias for social work.
Plz give me suggestions when should I start for preparing n hw?
5th January 2015, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

it depends upon your capability.....i guess because no one knows who you are.....for example-if you are a cabinet secretary then?so become an officer and ask it to your senior...
19th December 2015, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Hi myself Ramya, I really need your help kindly help me out, My dream is to become an IAS Officer, but I have doubt so please clear my doubt it will be great favour, I hv done my 10th & I didn't do my 12th now me doing Degree from IGNOU ( UGC Recognised ) so am I eligilble for IAS without doing 12th if I hv done my 10th & Degree am I eligible for IAS ? It's a humble request pls help me out by clearing my doubt !

mail id: [email protected]

Will look forward your valuable reply.

Regards,
Ramya
26th October 2017, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce graduate,can I apply for UPSC exams? If yes,then please suggest me about the books I should choose.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?