10th July 2017, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in Australia for higher studies after completion of IELTS exam with 6 band?

I have got 60% in B.Tech and I got 6 band in IELTS then I will get admission in Australia or not? Can you please let me know the procedure which I need to follow to get the admission after completion of IELTS? Awaiting to get the response soon.

12th July 2017, 04:30 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in Australia for higher studies after completion of IELTS exam with 6 band?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got 60% in B.Tech and I got 6 band in IELTS then I will get admission in Australia or not? Can you please let me know the procedure which I need to follow to get the admission after completion of IELTS? Awaiting to get the response soon.

Most of the universities in Australia require an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or more and no bands less than 6.0 for higher studies. Therefore, it is better to reappear for the IELTS examination and score better marks to pursue higher education in Australian universities. But, there are some universities accept IELTS score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 for their masters program. List of universities accepting IELTS 6.0 is; James Cook University, Southern Cross University, Charles Sturt University, University of Southern Queensland and Federation University.
12th July 2017, 10:48 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in Australia for higher studies after completion of IELTS exam with 6 band?

I am sorry to say that with only 6 band in IELTS, you cannot apply for higher studies in Australia after the completion of your Graduation for Post Graduate degree course.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation from a recognized University and have scored 6.5 band in IELTS are eligible to apply for Post Graduate degree course in Australia.
13th July 2017, 12:53 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

With 60% marks in B.Tech and 6 bands in IELTS (International English Language Testing System) you are quite eligible to apply for higher studies in Australia. But let me inform you that marks required in bachelors degree and IELTS examination varies from university to university. Every university has its own qualification marks and IELTS bands criteria, so before applying for a particular university you should check its criteria first.
You also have to appear and qualify in GRE (Graduate Record Examination) in order to become eligible for Australian study visa.
Followings are the steps you should follow to apply for Australian study visa for a particular college:
>First of all search for colleges and courses for which you are eligible and want to apply.
>Contact colleges and visit their official websites for gathering information regarding available courses and eligibility.
>Narrow down your list of colleges/universities.
>Appear for the entrance exams like TOEFL/IELTS.These are the standardized language tests, required to be taken for the purpose of getting admission to colleges.These tests are all different in various ways but many colleges ask for any one of the results.
>GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) examination which measure literacy and writing skills that are needed for academic success in school/college.
>Write SOPs (Statement of Purpose) and ask for LORs (letter of recommendation).
>Apply to the colleges which fit for your interests and eligibility.
>Appear for video/online interviews of the colleges that shortlisted you.
>If accepted, the college/university will provide you student visa.
13th July 2017, 10:47 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Australia for higher studies after completion of your IELTS examination with 6 bands. To apply for admission to Master's degree course in Australian universities, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university and you should have a valid TOEFL/ IELTS examinations scores. By reporting your examinations score reports, you can apply for admission to higher studies in Australian universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?