10th July 2017, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to clear TOEFL exam to apply for higher studies in Canada?

I am having GRE score 290 will I able to apply for MS at canada, I like to do my masters in zoology, I have completed degree here at India, do I need to clear TOEFL examination to go to canada? What is the minimum criteria? Can someone please reply?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it mandatory to clear TOEFL exam to do higher study in Canada? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I do corresponding course from foreign after M.Sc with maths and have also done B.Ed?
  3. Which course to select in Canada for higher studies after completion of 12th standard with Biology? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Do i need to clear TOEFL examination to study in Canada?
  5. Am I eligible to appear in TOEFL & IELTS after completing 10th for Higher studies in Canada? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  6. Eligibility to apply for MS in Zoology at Canada? Is it necessary to clear TOEFL examination for the same?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for 11th standard in Canada after completion of 10th from CBSE board with 85 percentage marks?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada after getting 5.5 bands in IELTS? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How can i apply for Student Visa for Canada after 12th?
  10. What are the possibility of studying abroad after clearing 2 backlogs in first attempts in 3rd and 4th year? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility to get study Visa of Canada
  12. What should I do to study in abroad after 10th?
  13. When is the right time to start preparing for GRE and TOEFL? Criteria of arrears to study Abroad? Is self study enough?
  14. What are the ways to apply for higher studies in Germany after B.E Mechatronics? Is TOEFL enough? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the procedure followed to get seat in doing higher studies in abroad being an Indian?
  16. Can I study in America through entrance exams on 12th basis?
  17. What should I do to study Abroad being a freelancer and 10th completed candidate?
  18. What course to do in order to go Abroad after class 12 Commerce?
12th July 2017, 11:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to clear TOEFL exam to apply for higher studies in Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am having GRE score 290 will I able to apply for MS at canada, I like to do my masters in zoology, I have completed degree here at India, do I need to clear TOEFL examination to go to canada? What is the minimum criteria? Can someone please reply?
Yes, TOEFL score card is essential for study in Canada.

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as a Foreign Language. There is no any eligibility criteria. TOEFL exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in Reading, writing, Listening and Speaking sections of English language.
12th July 2017, 05:14 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Do I need to clear TOEFL exam to apply for higher studies in Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you have to clear TOEFL or IELTS to pursue your higher education in Canada. TOEFL or IELTS is an English proficiency test. It is taken by international students for studying in a country where English is the main language. You have to clear TOEFL or IELTS in order to pursue your education in abroad countries like Canada. TOEFL or IELTS is mandatory for Indian students to pursue higher education in Canada. It helps you to prove your ability to speaking, listening and writing skills in English.
12th July 2017, 11:43 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you have appeared in the GRE examination and scored 290 in the same, you do not have to further apply for TOEFL examination in order to apply for higher studies in Canada.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation degree from a recognized University and have qualified in the GRE examination, are eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?