29th March 2016, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification required to apply in GRE?

Hi,
Can anyone of you please tell me what qualification is required to apply in GRE? Please tell me the qualification asap. Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for GRE being a BCA student?
  2. Am I eligible to give the GRE exam right after completion of 12th standard?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission for doing masters in Germany if I have a year drop?
  4. Qualification required to appear in GRE and TOEFL to study MS in Abroad?
  5. Marks and percentage required in engineering to apply for GRE exam?
  6. Should I have to appear in GRE to study Master of Pharmacy in USA if scored 7.5 Bands in IELTS?
  7. Does I have to secured 7.5 CGPA in B.Tech to appear in GRE? Eligibility criteria of GRE?
  8. Qualification required to get seat in GRE?
  9. Difference between GRE international and GRE general? What test is required to apply for american universities?
  10. Want to do B.E. but family's financial conditions are not good, what to do? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What are the PG courses available in Germany for mechanical graduate? How may I apply for the same? How much score would be needed in GRE for the same? How much money would be required for the same?
  12. When should I apply in GRE, TOEFL and IELTS to study MS in Abroad? Qualification required and expenses to apply?
  13. What is the procedure followed to apply and clear the GRE exam?
  14. Qualification required to appear in GRE?
  15. Minimum percentage required and number of backlogs allowed in B.Tech to apply for GRE?
  16. Can I apply for GRE having completed B.Tech in 6 years? How to prepare online?
  17. How to do Mtech in biotechnology from abroad after btech in biotechnology from India?
  18. Minimum percentage required in B.E. to apply for GRE and TOEFL? How and when to apply?
1st April 2016, 11:08 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification required to apply in GRE?

Educational Qualification Required to apply for GRE Examination:

Basically there is no certain criteria required to apply for GRE Examination. Yes, There is no specific eligibility criterion for GRE Examination. However, various universities that accept GRE Scores have their own criteria of admission. So candidates who are aspiring to take up this examination can give irrespective of the academic qualification. Generally this examination is conducted for admission into Graduate Level, Post Graduate Level and for Doctoral Programs. GRE Examination is basically conducted in two formats, one is Computer Based and other is Paper based. But In India, only the computer based format is available.

As there is no particular eligibility criteria for GRE Test. So, candidates sitting for GRE Test do not have to fulfill any necessary GRE Eligibility Criteria.
1st April 2016, 02:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No specific eligibility criteria is required to appear in GRE examination. Anyone irrespective of age, educational qualification, etc., are eligible to appear in GRE examination. But, to get admission for pursuing your higher studies on the basis of GRE score, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university. So, I suggest you to apply for GRE examination while pursuing final year of Graduation or after completion of your Graduation. The validity period of GRE examination score is 5 years.
1st April 2016, 02:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Can anyone of you please tell me what qualification is required to apply in GRE? Please tell me the qualification asap. Thank you in advance.
GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination is open to all candidates who are willing to pursue higher degree in abroad.

Types of Graduate Record Examination test

1) Revised General Test
2) GRE Subject Tests

GRE exam Pattern:-

The GRE exam is conducted in three sections

Section I:-

1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-

1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-

1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays

Best books for GRE exam :-

1. New GRE 2011-2012: Strategies, Practice, and Review

2. Cracking the New GRE ,Published by top GRE instructors at The Princeton Review

3. Barron's New GRE 19th Edition

4. The Official Guide to the GRE revised General Test

5. Barron’s GRE Math Workbook by Blair Madore

6. Cracking The GRE, 2009 Edition by Adam Robinson

7. GRE General Test by David Bell

8. GRE-Preparation Course by Jeff Kolby

9. Kaplan GRE Exam Math Workbook by Kaplan

10. Peterson’s Ultimate GRE tools
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?