Opportunities in Geospatial engineering
Geospatial engineers can opt for careers in areas like data analysis, project management, computer programming, system administration etc. They can take up roles such as Geospatial Information Scientist, Software Analyst, Quality Analysts, Sales etc.
Geospatial Information Scientist
The key role of a Geospatial Information Scientist is as follows:
- Create, analyse and edit geospatial data
- Produce reports, data layers, maps etc using GIS technology
- Develop new applications
- Conduct research analysis, data analysis
- Recommend upgrades in the current system
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Meet clients to discuss their requirements
Ideally candidates wishing to work in this field should have relevant work experience of 2-3 years. They should have required software skills. Other than this analytical skill, reasoning, attention to details is a must. Strong communication skill is also required. They should be able to challenge existing theories and develop new ones.
Role of a software analyst include
- Using software to integrate or manipulate data for company use
- Analyse and interpret data collected through sensors and platforms, including satellites and aircraft
Along with strong technical knowledge candidates appearing for this post will need to have skills like problem solving, logical reasoning, attention to details, curiosity. They should be passionate to learn recent developments in their field and use them in work place. Other than these patience and teamwork are also required. Career growth will depend on qualities displayed by the candidate.
The responsibility of a Quality Engineer includes:
- Assists in the automation of relevant test procedures
- Testing software during product development
- Reporting test reports
- Bug detection
- Develop necessary programmes and operating environments to help in testing process
The candidate should be creative, have strong analytical aptitude and mathematical inclined. Other than these excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to details, team player are a must for career growth.
On completion of the course candidates interested in the field of sales and marketing can pursue the same. Companies in the field of geospatial need qualified candidates. Candidates with a background in geospatial will be able to promote the company well. Strong communication skills are a must for this job. With experience candidates can become team leads, manager etc. Team management skills will be important for the same.
The salary of fresher’s in this field is around Rs. 2.5 lakhs to 3.5 lakhs in India. Students wishing to pursue a career in this field need to have skills like problem solving, ability to communicate creative concepts clearly and precisely, team management, strong organizational skills etc.
- Gujarat Technological University Civil Engineering 5th Sem- Disaster Assessment using Geospatial Techniques Papers
- Geospatial Associate, Geospatial Delhi Limited
- Deputy General Manager, Manager, Geospatial Delhi Limited
- Geo Spatial Advisor, Geospatial Delhi Limited
- Higher Study Options after B.A in Geography
- Difference between Geo Informatics course and Geomatics course
- Modernization through M.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- Jobs after BA Geography
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University Phd Geo informatics Entrance Exam 2012
- Reasons for boom in civil engineering
- Difference between civil engineer and construction engineer
- Difference between Aeronautical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering
- Opportunities In Tissue Engineering
- Growing prospects of B.Tech in India
- Why should one go for biomedical engineering?