Pay scale for Junior Commissioned Officer in Government Jobs
Junior Commissioned Officer is a term indicating a group of military rank and this position is available in the army of different countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan and India. Candidates who are offered with this position get a commission from the President of the nation. Candidates appointed for this position in Indian Army will get a pay scale of Rs.9300-34800.
Junior Commissioned officers are appointed for different departments like Junior Commissioned Officer (catering), Junior Commissioned Officer (Religious Teacher), etc…
Recent job notification for the Junior Commissioned Officer Position:
Recently, Indian Army, invited applications from eligible candidates for the position of Junior Commissioned Officer (Religious Teacher) and Assam Rifles invited applications from candidates for the position of Junior Commissioned Officer (Bridge & Road).
The educational qualification requirement differs according to the division for which they are appointed. For instance, for applying to the Junior Commissioned Officer (Catering), candidates must have completed their higher secondary with certificate/diploma course in hotel management & catering technology/cookery from an institute approved by the All India Council for Technical Education. In the case of Junior Commissioned Officer (Bridge & Road), candidates must have completed their matriculation or other equivalent with diploma in civil engineering.
Physical fitness requirement:
Since Junior Commissioned Officer is a position connected with armed forces, candidates must possess certain physical fitness standards as well apart from educational qualification. The height requirement ranges from 165-170 cms depending on the region to which the candidate belong, which is classified as southern region, central region, eastern plains region, western plains region, eastern Himalayan region and Western Himalayan Region and height should be between 48 and 50 kgs. In addition, candidates will have to get through the physical fitness test, which includes 9 feet ditch, balance, pull-ups and a mile run and all these should be done according to the standards fixed. The candidates should also fulfill certain medical requirement with respect to eyesight.
A candidate fulfilling the physical and educational qualification requirements should get through the medical and physical fitness test to sit for the written examination. The Written examination is conducted in two papers namely paper I and II, paper I includes questions from current affairs, general knowledge and this paper is conducted for 100 marks, numerical ability/IQ and Paper II includes mathematics & computer science and English language proficiency test and this test is conducted for 150 marks.
Getting into the fields of serving the nation is a dream for many candidates and Junior Commissioned Officer position can help the candidates an entry to their dream field.
- Junior Commissioned officer (Religious Teacher), Indian Army
- Pay scale for Junior Scientific Officer in Government Jobs
- Pay scale for Scale-I Officer in Government Jobs
- Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer, Indian Army
- Junior Intelligence Officer, Laboratory Assistant, Intelligence Bureau
- Permanent Short Service Commissioned Officer, Indian Navy
- Pay scale for Junior Assistant in Government Jobs
- Short Service Commissioned Officer, Indian Navy
- Junior Teacher, Extension Officer, Assam Public Service Commission
- Pay scale for Specialist Medical Officer in Government Jobs
- Public Sector Job opportunities for Mechanical Engineers
- Short Service Commissioned Officer, The India Navy
- How to join Indian Army?
- Pay scale for Junior Clerk in Government Jobs
- Pharmacist, Junior Assistant, etc… - Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar