Cardiothoracic Surgeon - How to Become a Cardiothoracic Surgeon?
Cardiothoracic Surgeons are specialized doctors who deal with surgical operations of chest and blood vessels. They provide expert surgical consulting to patients suffering with lung diseases, heart diseases and other related disorders. They are also responsible to carry out diagnosis and treatment of such diseases and to prescribe medicines for the same. They employ a lot of sophisticated techniques and precision tools for treatment of cardiovascular diseases. They are also involved in the research activities to improve the diagnosis, and treatment of such diseases. The candidate has to undergo rigorous training in order to get in to the job profile of a Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
A pass in MBBS degree from any of the reputed institutions recognized under Medical Council of India is the basic qualification required for the job. Upon completion of the course, the candidate has to pursue MS or MD course in general surgery. After completing the 2-year MD course, the candidate has to pursue M.Ch degree in cardiothoracic surgery. Those who possess these qualifications should pass the competitive exams conducted by the recruiting firm to get qualified for the position of Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
Who are eligible to apply?
The candidate should complete their 12th class studies with science as the main subject. After completing the MBBS degree, the candidates should undergo a course of M.Ch in cardiothoracic surgery to be eligible for the job of Cardiothoracic Surgeon. During the course study, the candidates can specialise in areas of lung and esophageal disorders, pediatric heart surgery, and heart transplantation. Specializations help them to obtain job in their respective area with good salary packages.
Key elements in the process
- Pursue XII class studies with science
- Complete MBBS degree from any of the medical colleges recognized under MCI
- Pursue MD/MS in General Surgery
- Upon completion of the MD course, the candidate should pursue M.Ch in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Search and apply for the job position of Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Skills required for Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Those who are interested to serve persons suffering from chest diseases can opt for the profession of Cardiothoracic Surgeon. Quick decision-making and great problem solving skills are often expected from these medical professionals. Good eye-hand coordination and ability to work in a team are also necessary to do well in the job.
- Difference between Plastic Surgeon and Oncologist Surgeon
- Government Colleges for DM in Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
- Cardiac Surgeon – How to become Cardiac Surgeon?
- Higher studies after MBBS
- Government Colleges for M. Ch in Thoracic Surgery
- ENT surgeon– How to become an ENT surgeon?
- Oral Surgeon - How to Become an Oral Surgeon?
- Veterinary Assistant Surgeon, Speech Educator, Tripura Public Service Commission
- Cosmetic Surgeon - How to become a Cosmetic Surgeon?
- Plastic Surgeon – How to become a Plastic Surgeon?
- What to do after Master of Chirurgiae?
- Surgeon – How to become a Surgeon?
- Procedure to become an Orthopaedic Surgeon
- JSS Dental College, Mysore
- List of Thoracic Surgery Entrance Exams