31st October 2015, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy in shipping course after completion of diploma in computer engineering?

I have diploma in computer engineering and my age
20, can i join merchant navy in shipping line in this year? Can someone please let me know the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer from all.

Thank you!

Related Questions:
1st November 2015, 06:56 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy in shipping course after completion of diploma in computer engineering?

Generally candidates must have passed B.Sc nautical science and B.E. marine engineering is one way through which candidates can enter merchant navy, this will take you to the technical engineering jobs directly.

After your diploma you can join 12 months pre sea training course for cadets. There is a six months course of pre-sea training for general purpose ratings. You can also opt for mid terms courses leading to Alternate Training Scheme for Marine Engineers (ATS) after your 12th.

Some of the best institutes for you are :

** Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies

** T.S. Chanakya, Navi Mumbai

** Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata
2nd November 2015, 12:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy in shipping course after completion of diploma in computer engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have diploma in computer engineering and my age
20, can i join merchant navy in shipping line in this year? Can someone please let me know the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer from all.

Thank you!
No, you are not eligible for merchant navy exam.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy exam-

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?