14th March 2017, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for LEET at the age of 30 years?

I had completed my polytechnic in 2008. My score is 59.54 with combination of first class. Can I appear in LEET my age is 30. I want to continue my education to secure good job. What should I do?

15th March 2017, 04:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for LEET at the age of 30 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had completed my polytechnic in 2008. My score is 59.54 with combination of first class. Can I appear in LEET my age is 30. I want to continue my education to secure good job. What should I do?
The maximum age limit for Haryana LEET 2017 will be 21 years. The age limit for lateral entry admission in Anna University will be 28 years. So you are not eligible to apply for Haryana LEET 2017 at the age of 30 years. In some states and some colleges like LPU and Manipal University the maximum age limit is not mentioned. So, you can apply to the colleges for admission through lateral entry admission. You can check the notification in your state or the college you want to join.
15th March 2017, 05:23 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The maximum age limit to appear in lateral entry entrance test is 28 years where as relaxation is provided to reserved students of SC, ST and OBC categories.
The minimum age should not be less than 18 years.
15th March 2017, 08:24 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

LEET stands for lateral entry entrance examination and it is conducted for admission of candidates directly in 2nd year of engineering course. In order to apply for LEET candidates should have completed 3 years of diploma with minimum 60% marks from a recognized institute. Candidates should not exceed the age of 28 years and there should be no backlogs at the time of applying. As you have exceeded the ge limit, so you are not eligible to apply for LEET examination.
15th March 2017, 08:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't appear for LEET, if you are 30 years old. Most of the colleges don't allow admission above a particular age criteria and for LEET, there is an upper age limit for admission.

Different states have different criteria and some even have no upper age limit for lateral entry admission in B.Tech degree. It depends on the state, in which you are applying for admission.
15th March 2017, 11:57 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for this examination:

Diploma with 60% marks or more.

There is no upper age limit for this exam.

You can apply at age of 30 years.
16th March 2017, 12:01 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is no upper age limit for Lateral Entry Entrance examination.

If you have 60 % marks in diploma then you can apply otherwise not. You can not apply with 59% marks unless you are reserved category candidate.
16th March 2017, 05:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, I am really sorry to say that you cannot appear for LEET (Lateral Engineering Entry Examination) being a 30 years old candidate. As you have not met the required age criteria, I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in LEET Examination with the above mentioned age criteria.

>> The minimum age required to appear in LEET Examination - 16 years

>> Maximum age must not exceed to appear in LEET Examination - 21 years

As the maximum allowed age is 21 years, you cannot appear in LEET Examination with 30 years age.
16th March 2017, 11:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for LEET exam.

Those candidates who have completed diploma curse from a recognized University with above 50% marks are eligible for B.Tech course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
16th March 2017, 11:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for LEET examination at the age of 30 years as you are not eligible for it.
Candidates age must be in between 16 to 21 years in order to be eligible for the above mentioned examination.
24th October 2019, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

It's depends on university-
University. Min. Age. Max. age
SLIET. no starting lim. No mention
DTU. 18 years. 21 year
UPTU 18 years. 22 years
29th October 2019, 04:01 PM
EduXpert

No, you can't apply for LEET if your age is over 30 years. Lateral entrance exams like LEET is conducted for a bachelor degree course which has an upper age limit up to 21 years. Those who belong to reserved category can avail age relaxation.

So, even if you belong to a reserved category then also you won't be able to apply for it because 30 years is too high.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?