30th September 2016, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

Can I do any diploma course to do degree in future without 12th?

Can I do any diploma course to do degree in future without 12th? or only selected diploma course is allowed to do the degree in future? Can you please provide me the details on the same? Awaiting for the quick response as I need to plan soon!

30th September 2016, 11:27 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do any diploma course to do degree in future without 12th?

Yes, you are eligible to do Diploma course and Degree course without pursuing 12th standard. After completion of your 10th standard, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing three years Diploma course. Once, you have completed three years Diploma course, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of Bachelor's degree course through lateral entry admission process. So, you can do Diploma course and Degree course without pursuing 12th standard.
30th September 2016, 12:37 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do any diploma course to do degree in future without 12th? or only selected diploma course is allowed to do the degree in future? Can you please provide me the details on the same? Awaiting for the quick response as I need to plan soon!

Yes, you can do three years diploma course to do degree in future without 12th class. The Diploma courses in the specializations like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, Computer Science etc. are available, after these courses the diploma holders can study B.E or B.Tech through lateral entry mode. The candidates will be admitted directly to the second year of the engineering course. Candidates will be admitted to the engineering course through entrance examination. So you can study diploma course to do B.E or B.Tech in future.
30th September 2016, 12:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can pursue a diploma course in mechanical engineering after completion of your class 10th to pursue a Degree Course in Engineering after completion of diploma course. You can pursue these diploma courses:

Diploma Mechanical Engineering

Diploma in Electrical Engineering

Diploma in Automobile Engineering
30th September 2016, 06:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is considered equivalent to 10+2. No matter from which discipline of engineering, you pursue diploma, you will be able to get admission in bachelor's degree. Generally, diploma course candidates go for higher technical courses like B.Tech which stands for Bachelor of Technology.

*For example if a candidate has done diploma in Mechanical engineering, he can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test to get admission directly in second year of engineering in Mechanical stream. In order to apply for LEET examination, diploma candidates must have minimum of 60% marks in diploma.
30th September 2016, 06:57 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue Diploma after passing 10th only. Diploma is equivalent to Intermediate so you can opt this after 10th and also after graduation also. There is no any restriction that you have to complete it after 10th only. So no need to worry about this and opt your desired stream only.
30th September 2016, 10:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do diploma in any discipline like Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, ECE etc and then further proceed to pursue bachelor's degree in technology in same stream. Diploma is considered as equivalent to 10+2. So, there is no need to do 10+2 and pass in it to go for bachelor's degree.

Diploma candidates are eligible for graduation. Technical course is more suitable for you as diploma is itself is a technical course. After diploma in any stream of engineering mentioned above, you can apply for either Lateral Entry Entrance Test or Joint Entrance Exam Main to get admission in Bachelor of Technology. Candidate must have at least 60% marks in diploma to apply for these exams.
30th September 2016, 11:57 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes you can go for degree course after completing any diploma course as diploma courses are considered to be equivalent a higher secondary school degree which is the minimum requirement for pursuing degree course.

Bt there can be a particular degree course which will ask for a diploma degree course in a specific subject as for example you can take the example of B.tech degree for which your diploma must be in the engineering stream.
1st October 2016, 12:43 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes a diploma degree pursuer is eligible for pursuing any bachelor degree course as it is equivalent to a regular Class 12th degree i.e; intermediate degree.

But one thing you must remember that few bachelor degree course have specific requirement of courses at higher secondary level such as Bachelor of Engineering degree required a PCM group at higher secondary level i.e; a diploma in engineering degree. Otherwise apart from few courses there is no issue of stream diploma for further studies.
1st October 2016, 12:51 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can do Diploma courses in Engineering in any discipline to opt B.Tech/ B.E degree course after the completion of Diploma courses without pursuing class 12th.
After completing Diploma course, you can directly take admission in the second year of B.Tech/B.E through lateral entry process to complete your degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?