30th September 2016, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to get a job after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

Sir/Mam,

I am Rajat Pahadi. Continuing diploma in Civil Engg. in B.O.S.E., Cuttack. What will I do after my completion. I want Job and consequently B.Tech in AMIE. Is it well for me. Can someone from here guide me with the steps which I need to take? It will be helpful if you can provide me the details..

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do diploma in Civil engineering after 10th?
  2. What to do after completion of diploma in Civil engineering? Can I go for higher studies or get a job?
  3. What can I do after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering?
  4. What are the preparations required to get Government job after completion of Diploma in Civil?
  5. What can we do next after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  7. In which course to apply after completion of diploma in civil engineering? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible to apply for a Government job in the Civil Sector at Uttar Pradesh after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering from KSOU?
  9. What should I do after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering?
  11. What are the scopes and job opportunities available after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering?
  12. Can I study correspondence B.E./B.Tech along with job after completion of Diploma Civil?
  13. Procedure to join Diploma in Architecture after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  14. Can I do graduation in B.Arch after completion of diploma course in civil engineering?
  15. Which stream I can opt for doing B.E after completion of diploma in Civil?
  16. After completion of diploma in civil engineering which exam can we attend for police job?
  17. Which are the AICTE approved engineering degree courses? I have completed correspondence diploma in civil engineering after completion of NCVT in Millwright Maintenance Mechanic
  18. How to get a job in Archaeology after completion of diploma and B.Tech in Civil?
30th September 2016, 12:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to get a job after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

After completion of your Diploma in Civil Engineering you can do these courses to get job:

Interior Distance Learning Program

Bachelor of Technology

Bachelor of Engineering

Interior Architecture

Bachelor of Technology in Automobile Engineering
30th September 2016, 01:00 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to get a job after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

List of courses after diploma in civil Engineering:-

BE

B. Tech

NDA

Interior Distant Learning Programme

Interior Architecture

Auto Cad.
30th September 2016, 02:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

There are many courses available to pursue after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering course. I would suggest you not to go with job after completion of Diploma courses when doing B.Tech parallel. If so, you cannot concentrate well on B.Tech/ B.E studies and you cannot even gain good command over the core concepts in Civil Engineering that are mostly required to get job.

So I suggest you to pursue AMIE/ B.E/ B.Tech in Civil Engineering first and you may find employment opportunities after completion of your Bachelor Degree. Yes, I suggest you to go with some of the certificate courses that are related to Civil filed while doing Bachelor Degree. Those short term or certificate courses are,

>> Certificate course on CAD
>> On Construction Management
>> On Building Design
>> On Surveying
>> Structural Design and Drafting
30th September 2016, 02:46 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am Rajat Pahadi. Continuing diploma in Civil Engg. in B.O.S.E., Cuttack. What will I do after my completion. I want Job and consequently B.Tech in AMIE. Is it well for me. Can someone from here guide me with the steps which I need to take? It will be helpful if you can provide me the details..

To get a job after Diploma in Civil Engineering, you have to apply to the jobs through online or offline. The job vacancies are notified in the job portals, organization websites and in newspapers. The aspirant should apply to the job as per the notification. The selection process mainly consists of written test (aptitude and technical) and interview. You should be technically sound in order to get a job after diploma in civil engineering. There are vacancies in the construction companies for the post of supervisor, site supervisor etc. You should be prepared to work in the sites also, after diploma in civil engineering.
30th September 2016, 03:38 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes according to my knowledge you are eligible to get a job after completing Diploma. It is a three year course and after completing it from a good college which is recognized by UGC, AICTC etc. you will be eligible for government job. You need to fill up forms and after qualifying it you will be posted as an SDO, Oversear, JE and many more. You can also apply in some other government sectors like SSC, NICL, LIC and many more.
30th September 2016, 09:29 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your diploma in civil engineering the government job options available for you are as here under :-

* You have the opportunity for becoming Junior Engineer in Indian Railways but for the same you need to qualify RRB ( Railway Recruitment Board ) examination.

* You also have the opportunity of your recruitment as lower divisional clerk in various government offices but for that you will need to clear SSC CHSL ( Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level ) examination.

* Further you have the option of becoming officer in Indian defense sector but for that you will need to qualify NDA ( National Defense Academy ) examination. Also you are eligible for your recruitment as tradesmen but for that you will have to qualify its Rally along with CEE ( Common Entrance Examination ).

There are few more small scaled options available for you depending upon the vacancies in different departments so for having updates regarding these you must regularly check employment news, etc.
30th September 2016, 09:45 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

You will be eligible for the govt jobs once you complete the diploma but only for those jobs which require the diploma, not the degree.

For the jobs which require a degree, you will be ineligible, as the diploma is not equivalent to degree.

Since you are interested in the engineering, I would suggest you to take admission in the Degree and then apply for the jobs. Doing this, you will be eligible for all the govt. jobs.

Yes, after the diploma, if you want to get into Engineering then there is a special examination for the diploma fellows named LEET.

LEET >>>> Lateral Entry Engineering Test.

If you qualify in the Test then you will be allotted a seat in the engineering college based on the rank in the examination and your diploma percentage.

You will be given the admission in directly in the 2nd year of engineering.
30th September 2016, 11:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To get the job after the completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering, you first have to sit for the campus drive in your respective College from where you will be selected for a particular company if you qualify in the interview process.
You can also apply in some construction companies, if there will be vacancy for the Diploma Engineers then you can get the opportunity to start your career from the said company.
1st October 2016, 12:38 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Career opportunities for Diploma in Civil Engineering candidates:

You may get into Civil Engineering side, Drawing field, Architecture Field, B.E/ B.Tech or Job opportunities. As you are done with Diploma in Civil Engineering course, the best course that is available to you is B.Tech/ B.E in Civil Engineering. Other best option is AMIE course to do after Diploma in Civil Engineering. Other courses are,

>> B.E in Geo Informatics

>> B.Tech in Civil Engineering

>> B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering

>> B.Tech in Ceramics and Cement Technology

>> B.E in Civil Engineering
1st October 2016, 12:47 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

There are lots of jobs available for the diploma holders in civil engineering.Following are some good companies where you can apply:-

PWD
PHE
DLF
Simplex Construction & Infrastructure
SAIl
Kriticons ltd
UCS construction pvt ltd
Interact creators plumbing services pvt ltd
ITC consultants
Gravity integrates

Top Government undertakings that recruit Civil Engineering diploma holders:-

National Fertilizers Limited
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
MMTC Limited
Hindustan Paper Corporation Limited
Bharat Earth Movers Limited
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?