14th August 2016, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma candidate not eligible for JEE main?

I am Dasharath and I'm studying diploma 2nd year in civil branch. I want to do B.Tech in IIT, its my life dream actually. Unfortunately, joined diploma for getting job early but now some one saying not eligible for JEE exams. Am I eligible after diploma to write JEE main? Please help me Sir.

Related Questions:
14th August 2016, 10:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma candidate not eligible for JEE main?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination only for appearing in JEE Advanced examination, but you will not be offered admission in NIT on basis of your JEE Main examination score or rank. Diploma holders can get admission in IIT by appearing, qualifying and securing good rank in JEE Main and JEE Advanced examination. Since, you are interested to take admission in B.Tech course in IIT, being a Diploma holder, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination.
15th August 2016, 12:00 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Diploma holders are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. One of the Frequently asked questions regarding JEE Main Examination is as follows.

Q) What is the Eligibility for Diploma students in JEE Main ?

Answer) Yes, to appear in JEE (Advanced) a diploma holder can apply in JEE Main but his rank and score for jEE (Main) will not be declared as diploma holders cannot apply for admission in NITs and CFTIs through JEE (Main) Channel

Click here for More Details

As Diploma holders are eligible, you don't worry about the eligibility criteria.
15th August 2016, 04:06 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is nothing as such, you can very much appear for JEE(Main) entrance examination, if you have studied +2 level from a recognized board, a it is the minimum educational requirement to be eligible to appear for JEE(Main) examination and if not, then I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for the above mentioned examination.

You can get lateral entry in some other institute other than IIT by appearing in LEET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?