21st October 2015, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to appear in JEE (Main) after Diploma?

My ward is purusing diploma after 10th Board. I want to know about my eligibility to appear in JEE (Main) after completing diploma. Please reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible to appear in JEE (Main) after Diploma? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to apply for JEE main exams after completion of Diploma course? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Diploma students eligible to apply for JEE Main exams? What is the procedure followed for it?
  4. Am I eligible for JEE Main and Advance?
  5. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  6. Number of permissible attempts for JEE Main and Advance?
  7. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced being a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  8. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible for JEE advanced?
  10. Diploma pass out can appear in both JEE Main and Advance?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main being an NIOS candidate? Whether the subjects enlisted for JEE Main is as per NIOS Board?
  12. Am I eligible to reappear in 12th and apply for JEE Main and Advanced if completed 12th from BSEB and pursuing Polytechnic Diploma?
  13. Am I eligible to give JEE Main exam after completion of diploma?
  14. Does the diploma holders those who don't have XII qualification can appear in JEE for lateral entry in B.Tech?
  15. Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?
  16. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  17. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if applied but didn't appear in this year?
21st October 2015, 10:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear in JEE (Main) after Diploma?

No, Diploma holders are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. Diploma holders are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination because NIT's/IIT's does not offers lateral entry admissions to B.Tech course. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
22nd October 2015, 12:44 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, diploma candidates are eligible to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education for undergraduate courses in Engineering.

JEE has two stages, one of which is called JEE main which is the first stage and diploma candidates are only eligible for the JEE main and the next stage is JEE advanced for admission in IIT. Diploma candidates can get admission in NITs, IIITs and other government engineering colleges.

The notification for the 2016 JEE exam will come in the first week of November, 2015. After that you can apply for the exam at www.jeemain.nic.in.
22nd October 2015, 02:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My ward is purusing diploma after 10th Board. I want to know about my eligibility to appear in JEE (Main) after completing diploma. Please reply.
Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main and Advanced. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
22nd October 2015, 03:35 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Below, I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for JEE(Main) after completion of your Diploma course;

Eligibility:

> You should have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate with Science in your 12th examination from a recognised board/University.

> You must have studied at least 5 subjects including Physics, Maths and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.

> Besides, you must have been born on or after October 1, 1990 to satisfy the age criteria.
28th October 2015, 04:53 PM
jituvide

No. You are not eligible for JEE ( Main ) after diploma.

Only 10+2 passed candidate are eligible for JEE exam conducted by IIT.

Diploma is not equivalent to 10+2. So, you can not get admission in IIT after completion of diploma.

You can only apply for B.Tech by lateral entry in another university.
31st October 2015, 04:41 PM
Jitu888

No.
You are not eligible for IIT after completion of diploma.

Only students passed 12th examination with PCM are eligible for JEE exam of IIT.

I think you should be apply for B.Tech by lateral entry in any college except IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?