4th August 2016, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I get an education loan against the LIC policy?

Hello sir, I have qualified KIIT entrance exam for B.Tech. KIIT fees are very high and my father can't effort so much money. So, can I get education loan from any bank against of LIC policy?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any benefit of having LIC policy and Mediclaim while applying for an education loan?
  2. Can I get an education loan against the LIC policy?
  3. Can I apply for an education loan against of my LIC policy?
  4. Chances to get an education loan of 8 lakh in security of Mother's LIC policy to study MBA course? Terms and condition for it? -- [New]
  5. Detailed information about Co-Obligatory in Education Loan Policy of Federal Bank?
  6. Can I put my Life Insurance Policy to apply for Education Loan?
  7. Possibility to apply for an education loan in security of Health Insurance policy? Amount of policy required for it?
  8. Insurance Policy offered in Indian Bank for Education Loan borrowers? Advantages of this Policy?
  9. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS(HRD) in The University of Central Lancashire, UK if working in Dubai being an Indian? How much amount of Education Loan will be sanctioned without Guarantor?
  10. Can I apply for an Education Loan in Andhra Bank with Life Insurance Policy to study Abroad?
  11. Can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs against Life Insurance Policy to study MS in Germany?
  12. Is it necessary to have Life Insurance Policy to get an Education Loan in Bank of Baroda? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Comparison between Education Loan of IndusInd and ICICI Banks? Which one is better?
  14. What is Prime Lending Rate under Education Loan policy?
  15. Can I apply for an Education Loan against Mutual Funds and Life Insurance Policy to study MS(Human Resource Management) in London?
  16. Maximum amount offered under Education Loan scheme of DCB Bank?
  17. Maximum amount offered under Education Loan scheme of Kotak Mahindra Bank for International CFA course?
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
7th August 2016, 02:25 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get an education loan against the LIC policy?

Yes, you can definitely get education loan against LIC policy. However, the actual decision will be based on your amount of education loan which you are seeking and the LIC policy amount. For education loan, it can be taken against land, building (house) , Govt. Securities, Public Sector Bonds (LICs), NSC, KVP, LIP, Banks Term Deposit etc. You will need to mortgage such securities only in the case when you are opting for education loan higher than 7.5 lakhs.
7th August 2016, 10:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, one can get education loan based on LIC policy. Anything which has a value after maturation will be considered as a security for education loan but they will evaluate your policy before granting loan and also amount will depend on the current value of policy.

A LIC policy alone can't get you education loan but it surely has a value which can be used to get a loan. You can also use other things like fixed deposits and bonds to avail loans.
27th February 2018, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want to take loan against my lic endowment of 1lakh. I pay approx 75000 thousand
How much I get loan.
12th December 2018, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I get education loan against my license policy bonds as surities in camera bank
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?