14th December 2016, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for an education loan against of my LIC policy?

Hello sir, I want to study MBBS course from abroad so, want to apply for an education loan. Can I apply for an education loan against of my LIC?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any benefit of having LIC policy and Mediclaim while applying for an education loan?
  2. Can I apply for an education loan against of my LIC policy? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I get an education loan against the LIC policy? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Possibility to apply for an education loan in security of Health Insurance policy? Amount of policy required for it?
  5. Can I put my Life Insurance Policy to apply for Education Loan?
  6. Detailed information about Co-Obligatory in Education Loan Policy of Federal Bank?
  7. Can I apply for an Education Loan in Andhra Bank with Life Insurance Policy to study Abroad?
  8. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS(HRD) in The University of Central Lancashire, UK if working in Dubai being an Indian? How much amount of Education Loan will be sanctioned without Guarantor?
  9. Can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs against Life Insurance Policy to study MS in Germany?
  10. Can I apply for an Education Loan against Mutual Funds and Life Insurance Policy to study MS(Human Resource Management) in London?
  11. Is it necessary to submit Life Insurance Policy to apply for an Education Loan in UCO Bank?
  12. How can I apply for an Education Loan to study Diploma Engineering course? Benefits of applying for an education loan at SBI?
  13. Insurance Policy offered in Indian Bank for Education Loan borrowers? Advantages of this Policy?
  14. Possibility to apply for an education loan in security of PF account? -- [New]
  15. Should I have to pay the loan amount for decades under Education Loan scheme?
  16. Procedure to apply for an Education Loan in Andhra Bank? Interest rates charges against an Education Loan?
  17. Eligibility to apply for an Education Loan in IndusInd Bank? Interest rates charges under this Education Loan?
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
15th December 2016, 08:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for an education loan against of my LIC policy?

LIC policy gives loan according to the value of the insurance policy. It is not a good option for big loans, it will only provide you a small loan based on you insurance policy. I am sure it will not cover your MBBS studies abroad.

For a full education loan for your MBBS studies abroad you need a guarantor as well as collateral security because MBBS is an expensive course which will surely require a big amount.
16th December 2016, 08:55 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely apply for education loan against your LIC policy provided it is on your name or co-borrower's nane. However, your eligibility will depend on -

- The amount of education loan you are seeking
- The amount your LIC policy bears.
14th July 2017, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

I am already paying house loan in lic. Can we apply for educational Loan to study in abroad?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?