16th July 2017, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Chances to apply for an education loan if already taken Home loan from same bank? Which type of circumstances will I have to face?

Sir, I am already paying EMIs of Housing Loan of SBI so, can I further apply for an education loan in same bank for my son study? Which type of circumstances will I have to face?

5th March 2023, 02:41 PM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Chances to apply for an education loan if already taken Home loan from same bank? Which type of circumstances will I have to face?

Yes, you can apply for an education loan from SBI even if you have an existing housing loan with the same bank. However, the bank will consider your overall financial position and credit history before approving your education loan application.

One possible circumstance you may face is that the bank may consider your existing housing loan EMIs as a liability, which could reduce the loan amount that you are eligible for. Additionally, your income and repayment capacity will also be evaluated to ensure that you are capable of repaying the education loan EMIs along with the existing housing loan EMIs.

It is advisable to speak to an SBI loan officer or visit your nearest SBI branch to get more specific information regarding your eligibility and the terms and conditions of the education loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?