2nd March 2017, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

How to calculate EMI and interest rates for an education Loan at SBI? Can I fix EMI myself?

Hello sir, I want to apply for an education loan at SBI. Please tell me how to calculate EMI and interest rates for education Loan? Can I fix EMI myself?

Related Questions:
  1. Interest rates charges under Education Loan scheme of Kotak Mahindra Bank for MBBS course? How to calculate EMI?
  2. How to calculate EMI of Loan amount of Rs. 6.5 Lacs at 5% interest rates under 5 years of tenure?
  3. Whether repayment of Loan amount in Dhanlaxmi Bank is yielded through EMI?
  4. Should I invest the excess money into market after repaying EMI of Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Procedure and documents required to apply for education loan? What will be the interest rate and what kind of EMI will be deducted?
  6. Differences among EMI of Fixed Interest Rate and Reducing Balance against Bank Education Loan?
  7. How much monthly EMI will be paid against Education Loan amount of Rs. 8.75 Lacs in Indian Overseas Bank? How many months of EMI is available in this Bank?
  8. Repayment mode under Education Loan scheme of Federal Bank? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to increase EMI tenure of Education Loan repayment?
  10. Should not the EMI be less on Education Loans? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Is there any penalty on failing to pay EMI on time under Allahabad Bank Education Loan scheme? How much penalty has to be paid? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Whether tax is included in EMI under Allahabad Bank Education Loan scheme? How much tax is included? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which bank is providing an education loan in minimum interest rate and less EMI to study in USA?
  14. What kind of EMI options are available in Education Loan if want to study MBBS?
  15. Whether Bank of India charge interest during B.Tech against Education Loan? How to repay EMI in 7 years of tenure against Rs. 5 Lacs?
  16. Possibility to increase the repayment tenure of an Education Loan?
  17. How much interest will be charged against loan amount of Rs. 20 Lacs in State Bank of Hyderabad? How to pay an EMI?
  18. How many months of EMI to pay against Rs. 8.7 Lacs Loan in State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur? How much EMI to pay?
15th March 2017, 11:15 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to calculate EMI and interest rates for an education Loan at SBI? Can I fix EMI myself?

To study in India the student can avail the education loan from SBI. Up to 4 lac the interest rate is 3.50% above base rate above 4 lac and up to 7.5 lac the rate of interest above base rate is 3.75% and above 7.5 lac the rate of interest above the base rate is 1.75%. No, you cannot fix the EMI by yourself there is a calculation to repay the loans in EMI. The basic formula is that you need to repay the one third amount and remaining in the duration which will you select like 24 months, 36 months etc. Or you can simply calculate the repayment amount by adding the interest amount and divide it in the years of repayment which you have opt for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?