30th March 2016, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Why my Loan application denied by State Bank on making my father a guarantor?

Hello Sir,
I have completed my B.Sc and I want to study MS in Public Health in Abroad. My father is a PSU Officer earning Rs. 8.2 Lacs per annum. I want him to become a guarantor of my Education Loan. But I have been denied loan informally by the State Bank employees on this ground. Is this the right ground for rejection?

Related Questions:
  1. Can my brother become a guarantor against an Education Loan if my father is unemployed?
  2. Being a Bank Ex-Officer my father can become a guarantor against Education Loan?
  3. Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman?
  4. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  5. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan?
  6. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  7. Is it possible to make my Brother-In-Law a guarantor against an education loan if my father died?
  8. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  9. Why Centurion Bank of Punjab denied to sanction Education Loan of Rs. 1 Lacs?
  10. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Whether Bank pressurize guarantor for repayment of Education Loan?
  12. Who is Third Party Guarantor in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  13. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  14. Whether my sister become Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan if my father died?
  15. Whether a retired person is eligible to become a Guarantor for Education Loan of upto Rs. 7.75 Lacs? Is it necessary to submit any document for a Guarantor?
  16. Can I become guarantor against Bank Education Loan to study Abroad for both of my daughters?
  17. Son of a government employee can get exemption in Education Loan?
  18. Whether Bank insist a guarantor against failing to repay the education loan amount?
3rd April 2016, 06:54 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why my Loan application denied by State Bank on making my father a guarantor?

Yes, the bank has taken the right decision. This is because your father cannot be a guarantor. As per bank norms and terms and conditions of education loan, your father should be the co-borrower of the education loan and there should be a third party guarantor who must have a stable source of income. The third party guarantor cannot be your legal guardian. You can reapply for loan after getting a third party guarantor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?