30th July 2010, 04:42 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatin rockstar View Post
please somebody tell me that can we join merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream and how?
yes you can join merchant navy after your b.tech from mechenical stream.for this you have to join 1yr trainong offered by MERI,mumbai and kolkata etc. so go for it ....... bset of luck.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  3. Do I need to any other course to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering?
  4. How to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering
  5. How to become a marine engineer after my B.E?
  6. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  8. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completing class 12th with Commerce stream? How can I join the Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  9. Can i join merchant navy after completing B.Tech from mechanical engineering
  10. Common application form for non upsc entries?
  11. Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy?
  12. Is it possible join Merchant Navy on Deck side after completing Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  15. Can i join Merchant Navy after studying Diploma course in Mechanical stream?
  16. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science? Which course should I do to join Merchant Navy?
  17. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
30th July 2010, 08:15 PM
kalyan333

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?

Definately.
the qualification is any degree.
you must have 60% in that.
this is must that you will be fit in physically.
and interview is also there.
all the best.
30th July 2010, 09:09 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?

Hi!

yes, you can join merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream.

For this you have to undergo a 10 or 12 month pre-sea training in marine engineering.
This training is given by MERI institute, Mumbai.

After completion of the training you will be appointed as a 5th engineer or tranee engineer.
10th August 2010, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?

sir what are the job options in merchant navy after completing me engg
18th August 2010, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Can I join Merchant navy after complitin my 12 from namak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansh_ansh View Post
hey friend
you can give the exam of merchant navy,
after your b.teck.

so be ready for that

o k
is there any chance that i can join merchant navy in oct-nov .
19th August 2010, 05:57 PM
mukeshbhadoriya

yes you can join merchant navy after your degree there are so many colleges in mumbai and other sea port city where you go for training then they place you
22nd August 2010, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

sir i am doing my polytechnic diploma in electrical electronics i wna tto do bsc nauticla science or marine engineering or merchant navy after completing my diploma , i have 6/6 power is 2.1 and 2.0 and i ahve to wear glasses always and which cource is easy go abroad and earn money aned the college is in chennai pls help me my email id uvisenazeer@ymail,com
2nd September 2010, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i have got a query which i do hope you can help me out. i have done my diploma in automobile engg. Consulting with lot of people i have learnt that auto engineers are not given any value in the shipping industry but only mechanical or marine enggs. How far is it true sir. im also planing to do the GP rating course this jan, but i also dnt want my previous studies (dip auto engg) to be waste, and hope to utilise it in near future in the marine industry.

please reply to my query.
Thank You.
9th September 2010, 04:36 AM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy by doing engg in information technology?
13th September 2010, 02:25 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?

dear friend.......

yes obviously you can join in the Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream .
there are so many stream are making competition with mechanical stream , they are computer science , electronics , applied electronics , instrumentation , electrical etc...

So be prepared .

good luck........
18th September 2010, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i wanna ask u dat is there any demand for completing b.tech wid gud percentage.actually sir i m a student of b.tech mechanical branch so i want to move in dis line.so can u pls tell me if there is any critearia, or any b.tech(m.e) student can apply 4 dis, in any college.
1st October 2010, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

can i join mearchant navy after completing btech in civil?
3rd October 2010, 03:26 PM
127640himanshu

what is the age limit for mechanical engineer graduate to join merchant navy.also tell me the fees for course.is there any test needed to join merchant navy.what is the starting salary for indian ship and for foreign ship.at last english should be fluent for this trade.
20th October 2010, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

hi i hav done diploma in mechanical and wll do b.tech can i join merchant navy if yes then plzz mail me the procedure ([email protected])
4th November 2010, 02:25 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Since you have done your engineering in mechanical engineering , therefore you can join the navigation or marine engineering areas of the Merchant Navy.

Physical Abilities: A candidate should have
-perfect eyesight
-marine engineers are allowed to wear spectacles (for eyesight up to plus/minus 2.5)
-Colour blindness is a disqualification for the merchant navy.
-Great mental and physical stamina, intelligence, and a scientific temper to go along with a cheerful disposition and team

Shipping lines also recruit marine engineers. Candidates having BE qualifications are taken in directly after they complete an eight-month attachment with a naval dockyard in Mumbai, Cochin, Calcutta or Visakhapatnam. Unlike the marine engineers from MERI, these candidates have to pass an additional competency examination.

Additional Competency Test:

Competency certificate of competency is granted to those cadet officer who have completed their 1 year in the deck department on board a merchantship. The candidate is given earnings during his training period. The competence examinations for navigating officers and for the marine engineers are conducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport through the Directorate-General of Shipping (DGS), Mumbai. The prospects of promotion are directly linked to passing of the requisite competency examinations conducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport through the DGS.

Apart from these you can also enroll yourself in MBA Shipping and Logistics .
17th November 2010, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

i am from electronics & communication engineering. i want to join merchant navy. what is the procedure and how much the fee is payble for training. what are the job gurentee after training?
26th November 2010, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

i am interested in navy. what i can do??? i am a student of computer engineering in final year
10th December 2010, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

hello can i join merchant navy??? right now i m doing mechnaical engg in 7sem.. ..tell me what the process... my email id is [email protected]
23rd December 2010, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

hi i am in final year engineering mechanical and my age is 24 ... can i join merchant navy
11th January 2011, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
My eye sight is beyond minus 2.5 and i want to join pre-sea training at meri mumbai after my completion of b.tech(mechanical).
And if your answer is no so can i join after doing LASIK.
thank you.
17th January 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

sir,i complete my diploma in automobile engineering ,i am very intrested in merchant navy so have any chance to join in merchant navy.What about fee payable during training ,if trainigs are job gurenteed
12th February 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

entrance of merchant navy
12th February 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

entrance of merchant navy
12th February 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

about NAMACK institute
20th February 2011, 11:58 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

DEAR FRIEND,
Yes,you can join merchant navy directly after your mechanical engineering.You can know about the procedure to join the merchant navy from:-
www.namacindia.com/join-mn.htm

BEST OF LUCK.................
4th March 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

can there be any possibility to join merchant navy after 28years of age i am b.tech mechanical pls reply
28th March 2011, 03:16 AM
Unregistered

HI THIS IS CHANDAN YADAV I HAVE SELECTED IN SHRIYA MARINE AS MAINTANANCE ENGINEER SO AFTER THEN 9 MONTH TRANING OF SHIP MAINTANANCE MAY I JOIN SHIP?PLZ RPLY THANK
16th April 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, I complite my BE mechnical in Mumbai univercity, i am interested iN to join merchant navy so i kindly requaste u pl tell me the today age limit for the addmission purpose todays date i am 14/04/1986 ( 25 years ) old . can i join merchant navy. I hhard the age limit is increase 28 its correct sir . kindly advice me ( [email protected] )
26th April 2011, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

can an automobile engineer go to merchant navy?
10th June 2011, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Aare there no girls in navy????????????
plz tell me that can girls do a job in navy and can they earn in lakhs????????????
what are the things which i have to do??????????
plz tell me i have been searching this for a long time but no 1 replies.........
plzzzzzz...
13th June 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi all I have completed my engineering degree in Electronics and Communication, is there any way by which I can join merchant navy. If so are there any exams that have to be taken ? and I would like to know the age limit if any for the course to be taken?
25th June 2011, 11:37 PM
rachender singh

dear friend:-
you can easily join merchant navy after the completion of mechanical engineering.
you have to through 10 months sea training in any marine institute.

good luck
28th June 2011, 01:42 AM
raisahab

Hi dear,

You can join merchant navy directly after your mechanical engineering,you have to undergo a 10 month pre-sea training in marine engineering offered by many institues like MERI,mumbai and kolkata etc. or it is also offered by recruiting company itself.After that you will be appoint as a 5th engineer or tranee engineer with the stipend of anything between 20,000-40,000 per month.After few years of experiance say 5-7 years you will be able to become a chief engineer with the monthly salary of anything between 2-4 lacs per month.

Remember,you have to be medically fit in all respect.

Thanks
10th July 2011, 08:22 PM
sonam wangdi

hi friend..
i am happy to tell you that u can join merchant navy after a mechanical engineering...
all u have to do is under go a 10 month of sea training in marine engineering, which are offered my many institutes..and also offered by some recruiting companies..

for these the basic requirement is that u have to be medically fit in all the aspects..
hope these information helps you..
all the best for it...
thank you
11th July 2011, 04:10 PM
chauhan99

hi dear,
You can join merchant navy directly after your mechanical engineering,you have to undergo a 10 month pre-sea training in marine engineering offered by many institues like MERI,mumbai and kolkata etc. or it is also offered by recruiting company itself.After that you will be appoint as a 5th engineer or tranee engineer with the stipend of anything between 20,000-40,000 per month.After few years of experiance say 5-7 years you will be able to become a chief engineer with the monthly salary of anything between 2-4 lacs per month.

thanks
10th August 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after engineering in electronics stream. please help me.
20th September 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
this is pallav
i m doing my mechanical engg. in pune university
i wish to join merchant nevy
can you tell me what is minimum criteria (academic) for entrance exam for various institutes????
and how to apply for it???
15th November 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after completing from diploma in mechanical engg stream ? u can replay me on my email id [email protected]
1st September 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

sir, what types of job in mechanical diploma holders?
1st September 2012, 07:43 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi
procedure for joining Merchant Navy
Career in Merchant Navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck).
To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping)
As an Officer:
3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10+2) students.
4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10+2) students.
2 year course for Diploma Holders.
1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.
3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students.
There are four Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard:
1. Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
2. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.
3. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.
4. Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai
good luck
1st September 2012, 09:13 PM
koppula.haritha

3rd June 2013, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=faiyaz;16277]Yes definitely.

what are the basic eligibility for getting madically fit
28th June 2013, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

how to apply for pg in merchant navy after b.tech in mechanical branch....
17th August 2013, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navi after completing mechnnical eng.(specilisation in automotive eng.)
26th August 2013, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Is it required that a person joining marchant navy should know swimming?
14th September 2013, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I m doing mechanical engineering and this my last yr. And I have aggregate of more them 60%
Sir please tell me how can I join men and my age is 22 years. I really want to join it.pls help me
9th March 2014, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my B.Tech in Mechanical and Automation engineering from ip university in Delhi. Am i eligible for merchant navy.
19th March 2014, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my btech in mechanical now i want to join merchant navy through abroad course tell me procedure and college list
5th July 2014, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Hi
I am parminder singh from punjab and I am doing mechanical engg. And I aspire merchant navy as my carrier so I wantvu to tell me each and every aspect of getting into it..plz tell me everything. ...from completing my course to getting the job.
16th January 2016, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Default can i join merchant navy after completing my mechanical engineering degree?

since now i am pursuing BE 4sem in mechanical stream.
so in the future i want to join merchant navy, so i want all information regarding merchant navy,so i can prepare myself for this.
i want to ask about the physical fitness, fees,course and etc.
please send all the important things in my email
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?