30th September 2011, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

i have 51% in 2 PCM. Can i join bsc ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  2. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  3. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  4. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  5. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  6. How can I join Merchant Navy having 72% in 12th with PCM? Fee structure of the course to pursue?
  7. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  9. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  10. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring mroe than 50% in PCM and more than 60% in English? List of merchant navy institutes?
  11. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  12. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  13. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  14. How to join Merchant Navy after doing B.Com?
  15. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  16. Can girls after doing B.Sc. join navy or merchant navy?
  17. Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  18. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
12th October 2011, 03:16 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

when imu addmision start plzz help me and is imu test is importent to enter merchant nevy
after 2
16th October 2011, 12:54 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

list of some good navy colleges:
.Indian Marine College, P.S. No. 1262, Kachiguda Station Road, Hyderabad 500027, (AndhraPradesh)
.Rajasthan Vidhyapeeth (Deemed)University, (Rajasthan)
.Cochin University of Science & Technology,Kerala
.School of Engineering, Thrikkakara
.Indian Institute of Technology Chennai,Tamil Nadu
.Rajiv Gandhi Institute Of Technology - Mumbai, Maharashtra
The Shipping Corporation of India ,
Shipping House, 245 Madame Cama Road Mumbai-400021
.NUSI Maritime Academy,
Goa and Dr. Leo Barnes Pre-seaAcademy,Nhava,NaviMumbai400038

all the best........
31st October 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
i m lokesh bhahrwal stoudet of B.C.A. 2year and i m 12 class with commarce 61% can i join merchent navy. Please rply me.
8th November 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

sir/madam my name is pankaj kumar my qualification is 10 2 (non medical).i have pursing Bca with i have cleared dca so i join the nerchant navy plz advicsed.my mobile no- 919418142573
12th November 2011, 10:32 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

yes, my friend you can appear in entrance exam of merchant navy.. different institutes are taking their respective entrance exams..
the name of some institutes those provide this course are-
1.Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Kolkata.
2.Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Mumbai.
3.Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
the criteria is -
*you must have physics, chemistry,maths in your 12th.
*you must have 40% in PCM.
so, don't worry your 12th marks will not create any problem..
all the best..
12th November 2011, 10:47 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

yes, my friend you can appear in entrance exam of merchant navy.. different institutes are taking their respective entrance exams..
the name of some institutes those provide this course are-
1.Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Kolkata.
2.Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Mumbai.
3.Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
the criteria is -
*you must have physics, chemistry,maths in your 12th.
*you must have 40% in PCM.
so, don't worry your 12th marks will not create any problem..
all the best..
23rd December 2011, 10:29 PM
joby123321

i am pass[pcm]+2 59.3 please givehow to download entrance applicatoin to joint merchant navy
26th December 2011, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,
I am in DIPLOMA 3rd year .My branch is ET.How i can joint marchand nevy and how many persent required.Plz help me!
5th January 2012, 09:48 AM
vysakhso7

Thumbs up Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I hv completed 12th science in 2007 with 55%! m want to join merchant navy ! is it possible tat m eligible for merchant navy! plz rply me n suggest d bst course n institute!
ilike to join indian merchent navy
21st January 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I have done Bsc in chemistry. How can i join merchant navy
8th February 2012, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to join merchant neavy i passed my 12th class will u suges me any coursen institute?
12th March 2012, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

i will want to join merchant navy dek kadet post.i got 58% in 2 n.m. can i got admission in bst col of merchant navy in mumbai. plz gve me some suggestion.
your faithfully
divy sharma
panipat(haryana)
my e-mail me my mail id is______([email protected])
thanx
12th March 2012, 07:03 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

FRIEND,

THE LIST OF MERCHANT NAVY INSTITUTES ARE:

• Shirdi Sai Nautical Science Academy Bengalure

• C.V. Raman College of Engineering,Bhubaneswar
  • AMET University, Chennai
  • Balaji Seamen Training Institute,Chennai
  • Chennai School of Ship Management,Chennai

• Chidambaram Institute of Maritime Technology

• Cosmopolitan Technology of Maritime

• Hindustan Institute Of Maritime Training Post Sea Training Centre

• HIMT College Hindustan Institute Of Maritime Training Pre-Sea Training Centre

• School of Seamanship and Nautical Technology
  • GKM College of Engineering & Technology Chennai
  • Indian Maritime College Chennai
  • Indus Seafarers Training Academy

• International Maritime Academy
  • Maritime Foundation

• MASSA Maritime Academy
  • Indian Maritime University (National Maritime Academy)
  • Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Maritime Science & Engineering
  • S.B.Vignesh Marine Training Centre
  • Southern Academy of Maritime Studies

• School of Maritime Studies (Vels University)

• School of Maritime Studies (Vels University)

• Coimbatore Marine College

• Park Maritime Academy
  • SeaSkills Maritime Academy
  • Agnel Maritime Academy
  • Francon's Marine Academy

• Institute of Maritime Studies
  • Institute of Petroleum Safety, Health & Environment Management Goa
  • NUSI Maritime Academy
  • Seascan Marine Services Pvt Ltd
  • Natcom Education & Research Foundation Gurgaon
  • Haldia Institute of Maritime Studies & Research
  • Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy
  • Amer Maritime Training Academy
  • Noorul Islam College of Engineering Kanyakumari (Tamilnadu)
  • MMTI's Education & Research Trust

• Mohammed Sathak Engineering College
  • Cochin Shipyard Limited
  • Euro Tech Maritime Academy
  • Institute of Marine Engineers (India)
  • Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering of Cochin University of Science and Technology. Kochi
  • Univan Maritime Training Academy

• College of Maritime Studies & Research

• Garden Reach Ship Builders & Engineers Ltd
  • Indian Institute of Port Management
  • Kolkata Port Trust Kolkata
  • Marine Education Charitable Trust
  • Marine Engineering & Research Institute
  • Maritime Academy of India
  • Mercantile Marine Academy

• Sea Explorer's Institute Educational Trust

• Seacom Marine College

• Sensea Maritime Academy

• Centre for Maritime Education & Training
  • Naval Maritime Academy West

• OERC Academy

• Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies

• Seafarers Marine Institute

• School of Synergic Studies

• SCMS Maritime Training Institute
  • Mumbai

• St. Xavier's Technical Institute

• Suraksha Marine

• Tolani Maritime Institute

• TS Rahaman

Yes It is possible for you to join merchant navy colleges but you have to appear for the entrance exams of the colleges.

You must have done 12th class with physics and chemistry and mathematics as subjects.

You must have scored at least 60% marks in the 12th class.

GOOD LUCK.
15th March 2012, 10:57 PM
TrinityKiller

No, you can apply only after 12th class exam.
national defence academy
a.Month of Commencement of Course each year
January and July

b.Age at the time of joining
161/2-19 years

c.Educational Qualification
Class 12 of the 10+2 system of education, or equivalent

d.Mode of selection
NDA exam by UPSC and SSB interview

e.How to Apply
Apply in response to advertisement in March/April & Oct./Nov.
3rd April 2012, 08:43 PM
bhuma1978

Quote:
I hv completed 12th science in 2007 with 55%! m want to join merchant navy ! is it possible tat m eligible for merchant navy! plz rply me n suggest d bst course n institute!
It is Siroi maritime academy of merchant navy. it is a private institute and takes no entrance test. you will come to know all the details in their websites
3rd April 2012, 08:47 PM
bhuma1978

yes you can. it is siroi maritime academy
7th April 2012, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i hv just attempt 12th with PCMB group and want to apply 4 merchant navy ,sir b4 15 yr i had operation on my stomach prblm i want 2 joint can i ........ plzzzzz guide me..
12th April 2012, 04:29 PM
bhuma1978

What is your percentage in 12th. You can apply and get admission also after operation. BUt want to know whether you have problem while doing physical work. If it happens, there will be the wasteage of your money and there is a possibility of your return. So, please be sure that you have no problem while doing the physical work.

Pooja Bhandari
http://www.siroimaritimeacademy.com
13th April 2012, 06:21 PM
maya_sarabhai

To join in the Merchant Navy the candidate must finish the Any one of the following courses.:

1) 3 year degree course in nautical science(for 10 +2 students)
2) 4 years degree course in marine engineering( for 10th +2 Students)
3) 2 years of the diploma holder
4) 1 year of course of graduate mechanical engineer
5) 3 month course of decks cadets( for 10 +2 students)
24th April 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir,my name is Deepak Bastoju and i am student of Andhra Pradesh i have completed 12th standard with (mpc) group recently my exam results came and i failed in physics and i scored 55% if i clear my physics subject in this supplementary exam is there any chance of getting job in airforce
9th May 2012, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

sir rgt nw i m persuing b.tech n im in 2nd yr............bt i wnt to go in mrcht nvy nw,,,,,,,.......iz ths a good idea.....plzzzzzz rplyyyyyyy.............n plzzzzzzz tellll abt the date of exmntn....
14th May 2012, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am student of commerce 12th and i want to join merchant navy. please tell me about form and procedure of exam you can send me a e-mail on [email protected]
17th May 2012, 02:16 PM

Hi m sukh nagi.from gurdaspur.and i got 72% in 2 with non.med.have there any best course for me.
23rd May 2012, 01:27 AM
shyamprit

Question Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

I hv completed 12th science in 2012 with 55%! m want to join merchant navy ! is it possible tat m eligible for merchant navy! plz rply me n suggest d bst course n institute!
28th May 2012, 01:44 PM
denwer

Smile Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

Quote:

DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi..
Marine engineering is one of the most demanded and challenging branch of the globe. It is also a well known fact that marine engineers are the highest paid engineers. To join such courses you have to be adventurous and courageous.

The various requirements to join marine engineering courses are:-

Education qualification:- 10+2 or equivalent with physics or maths. (Minimum marks in PCM in class 12th must be 60% and in english it must be 50%).

Physical standards:- You must be physically fit in all respect. The minimum acceptable eye sight for standard vision is +2.5 or -2.5(must not exceed it.). You must not be colour blind and free from any type of eye diseases.
(THE PHYSICAL STANDARDS ARE ACCORDING TO THE NORMS OF D.G.SHIPPING. YOU HAVE TO PRODUCE A PHYSICAL FITNESS CERTIFICATE FROM A RECOGNIZED D.G.SHIPPING DOCTOR AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION.)

The various reputed institutes along with their admission procedures are listed below:-

1. MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE (MERI), TARATALA, KOLKATA.

2. MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE, MUMBAI.

3. LAL BAHUDAR SHASHTRI COLLEGE OF ADVANCED MARITIME STUDIES AND RESEARCH, MUMBAI.

4. NATIONAL MARITIME ACADEMY, CHENNAI.

5. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF PORT MANAGEMENT, KOLKATA.

Admission procedure:- Admission to all these colleges are through IIT-JEE or examination conducted by IMU,chennai.

6. COCHIN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (K.M. SCHOOL OF MARINE ENGINEERING), KOCHI.

Admission procedure:- Through the entrance exam conducted by the university namely CUSAT-CAT.

Fee structure:- Marine engineering course is a little costly. It may cost you Rs 2,21,000/- to Rs. 2,50,000/- (including all) per year. However the fee structure may vary depending upon the college you opt for.

Thank you and all the best!!!
6th June 2012, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I have scored 72.18% in 10th standard.
(maths :125 / 150. science and technology : 72 / 100 )
and
I scored 53.33 % in 12th standard.
(maths : 51/100. physics : 51/100. chemistry : 39/100. biologt :58/100 english : 64 / 100 )

also i am a cadet (Rank : Able cadet) of INS shivaji , lonavala unit , from the year 2008.

so sir can i apply for merchant navy (deck cadet)
6th June 2012, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

tfyrffcfctcgh
Quote:
sir i have 54% in 12th and 44% in physics chemistryand mathematics can i join Merchant Navy with this low marks
12th June 2012, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

hi my name is sanjeev and i am 12 passed from cbse with 55% so kya mai marchent navy ka cource kar sakta hu ha to kaise
13th June 2012, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

sir my self Mahindra Jangid.I have comleted my 12th PCM with completed 50%.how can join dec cadet course i best college sir plz inform me 09413710474
14th June 2012, 12:04 AM
rockstarrocks

Hi dear,

you got to write the various entrances to get into the best institutes offering the training of merchant navy. so even if your marks in 12th is low,if you score high in the entrance exams, then you have chances to get into the merchat navy.
the best institutes are:

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Kolkata.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Mumbai.
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.

these are the top government colleges and most of them admit students based on the marks scored in IIT-JEE.
then there are several other entrance exams which other colleges organize for admitting students into their college. so be alert with the various announcements made.
and, start preparing well for IIT-JEE, AIEEE etc. all the very best. god bless you

Thanks
17th June 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
My Name is ankush kumar, I Belong To haryana,I have Passed 10 2 In 2012,I got 62% in 10 2(math,phy) exam's.
I have to join merchant navy.i desperately want to persue my career in merchant navy..please help me how to get through.
how can i apply for merchant navy....sir Plz reply
27th June 2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

sir, what is the fee structure per year for merchant navy?
29th June 2012, 11:26 AM
jyoti91

hi dear,
you got to write the various entrances to get into the best institutes offering the training of merchant navy. so even if your marks in 12th is low,if you score high in the entrance exams, then you have chances to get into the merchat navy.
the best institutes are:

these are the top government colleges and most of them admit students based on the marks scored in IIT-JEE.
then there are several other entrance exams which other colleges organize for admitting students into their college. so be alert with the various announcements made.
and, start preparing well for IIT-JEE, AIEEE etc. all the very best. god bless you

thank you
7th July 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th.... when the entrance are being conducted for deck cadet.?if missed those tests so what to do know bucz i dnt wants to lose a year..pls suggest me at [email protected]
28th August 2012, 11:32 AM
898923 amit

Sir, mere 49% marks with pcm mere mind bhut confusion main kya karu can you help me
4th September 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

i am passing my 12 with 51.6 marks in commerce so can i join merchant nevy
sir i really dont know
15th September 2012, 08:29 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?

Quote:
dear friend...the minimum qualification required for marine engineering is 10+2 with 60% marks. As you are having 55% marks so you can not opt for this course.
15th September 2012, 11:33 PM
mailme.ramkapoor

Hi dear,
Merchant Navy is a programme which undergoes in ships for transporting vessels, cargo liners, tankers, carriers, as well as other special types of vehicles.

You must have done B.E/M.E in Marine engineering or B.sc nautical science.There are certain eligibility criteria's which you need to do these course so that you can join in Merchant Navy.

Eligibility:

B.E Marine Engineering:

Duration: 4 years

Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English

B.S.C Nautical Science:

Duration: 3 years

Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English

M.E Marine Engineering:

Duration: 2 years

Eligibility: B.E Marine Engineering.

The top institutes which you can opt for doing Merchant navy are:

The Training Ship Chanakya (T S Chanakya), Karaus, Navi Mumbai.

Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088

Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai - 400 033

Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai 400001

Thanks
16th September 2012, 12:33 AM
sandeep73

Hello friend

Yes, it is possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% marks.
But you need to appear in entrance exams like IIT-JEE for taking admission.

Given below are the best institutes for Merchant Navy:

1. Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Kolkata

2. Training Ship Chanakya, Mumbai

3. Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Mumbai

4. Directorate General of Shipping, Mumbai

5. Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai

Hope this was helpful!
22nd September 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

sir i hv taken commerce maths in 11th nd 12th.. nd i hv come in 12 jst nw so cn i also give merchant navy exm..
27th September 2012, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
yes, you can join merchant navy .

YOU CAN CONTACT :-MOON MECHANT MARINE TRAINING CENTER (CHD)
CONTACT NO:0172-6533839
23rd October 2012, 06:35 PM
Fleet Ocean

FLEET OCEAN MARITIME ACADEMY,Yes YOU CAN JOIN OUR INSTITUTE AND OUR CONTACT NO-020-65119555
23rd October 2012, 11:33 PM
Hardik712

Hello Friend,
If your percentage is low then dont worry apply for entrance examination of various institutes, if your score is good then you will definately get admission.

Here is the list of institutes ,

Best Wishes
14th April 2013, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I have passed 10th with 86% and 12th with 80% (having pcm computer science) from jawahar navodaya vidhyalaya and i want to make a bright career in marine engineering.If i can, so please guide me how can i go for it.
15th April 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

what is the main exam of merchant navy.can i get admission for bsc in noutical science through 12th marks?
15th April 2013, 11:17 PM
k chanchal
Member+

Quote:
Hello Aspirant,

you can write the various entrances to get into the best institutes offering the training of merchant navy.which are as follows:-

# Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
# Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Kolkata.
# Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Mumbai.
# Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.

These are the top government colleges and most of them admit students based on the marks scored in IIT-JEE.

Since you don't have 60% marks in 12th,you can not write IIT-JEE in order to get admission in the above colleges.

Then there are several other entrance exams which other colleges organize for
admitting students into their college. so be alert with the various announcements made.

Good luck.
29th April 2013, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

if i hv done enenjjring frm indian bst colleages dan wht should i do after dat plz tel me sir i hv 2 join merchant navy plz tell
11th May 2013, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir my name is gunjesh . I want to join merchant navy how give me solution about this sir plz can u help me . If u r interested so plz contact me at [email protected] or at 9041335252
2nd June 2013, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am passed 12th in arts but I have 80% so can i join merchant navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?