17th August 2012, 07:01 PM
sarika srinivas rao

Thumbs up Re: Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement?

hi friend

yes deffinently there is scope of tenth score but merely tenth score only not decide the once capability in academics.the written exam score by the company ,performs in interview,group disscussion,hr play vital role to secure job in company
8th February 2013, 02:06 PM
Beawar

Default Re: Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement?

Dear..

It might be possible that you get direct questions in the interview regarding your low marks in your 10th class and it can even snatch the job offer from your hands. Many companies now a days notified that they only recruit people who have through out 60% and above marks and hence you will not be eligible for those companies.

But this is not a thing to which you should dishearten yourself. There are many companies which recruit people based on their intelligence instead of there education record. One more thing that goes in your favour is that you have good marks in your career through out except 10th and hence if you have asked about 10th marks then you can confidentally say that i was not well that time and my other marks shows that i have continuously improved since then.

You can by saying this improve your chances of getting selected for the job.

HOPE IT WILL HELP

Cheers...!!!
8th March 2013, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

hi i m banking & insurance student but i have one drop in f.y.but i have clear my exams and i m countinuing in s.y.so i m getting admission in mba in after compeleting in t.y.b&i?
18th March 2013, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement?

it effects alot because 10 class is our base for the carrer
25th June 2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

my 10th marks is 56% and i want to be an iitian so would be problems in placement
7th July 2013, 06:59 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemraj87 View Post
hello,

I am a B.Tech final year student in IT Branch.I got 54% in class 10th and 70% in 12th class.and I have 74% aggregate in my B.Tech.

so my question is that the 10th class percentage will affect in my campus placement.

reply me soon....

thank you.

Dear friend,

Generally, during placements companies don't consider 10th, 12th records.

They only evaluate the experience that you have got through Graduation.

For them, it is necessary to examine what you have learnt in this 4 years or 2 years graduation.

So, don't worry about your 10th percentage.

But there are also certain companies which check the complete academic record of a person.

According to them, the person must have got above 60% marks in High School and Intermediate.

As well as he/she must have passed his Graduation with 65% marks or above.

19th March 2015, 07:05 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Not all the companies ask for the percentage in 10th class but many companies ask for minimum of 60% marks in 10th class. So, if the company has already set its criteria above 60% in 10th class then it will be a problem to you.

But in college campus placements most of the companies ask for only graduation percentage. In your case you have good aggregate at 12th level as well as in graduation so it is a great advantage to you.

Many companies only ask for minimum 60% at graduation level, so these company will be fine to you. But you have to make your base good at 10th class level because aptitude test during the selection procedure consists of maths problem upto 10th standard.

Major qualities companies will see while recruiting are :

Communication Skills
Attitude
Team Cooperation
Confidence
Leadership qualities
General Awareness
Grasping Power
Presence of mind
Calculative Mind

Selection procedure of companies in campus placement :

Aptitude Test
Technical Round
Personal Interview

So, don't worry just prepare for the aptitude exam and interview process and you will get job in some good company for sure.
19th March 2015, 11:21 PM
unique99

Effect of 10th class percentage playing a vital role regarding campus placement.As far as we are concerned about the eligibility of campus placement every candidate have to obtain minimum 60% marks in 10th, 12th and also in Graduate degree.If your 10th mark is below 60% then you must not get eligibility for very good companies like TCS/INFOSYS/COGNIZENT etc.

Thanks
26th March 2015, 11:13 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hello Guest,

Most of the companies verify 10th,12th and B.Tech percentage before Campus recruitment and set a minimum criteria to become eligible for campus interview.

Top IT companies like TCS,IBM,Accenture have below criteria to become eligible for their campus recruitment

1. Candidate have to score at least 60% in clas 10th and 12th examination.

2. Candidate have to score at least 65% in B.E/B.Tech.

3. Candidate should not have any year lack in any courses.

4. Candidate must not have more than one year gap between any two courses.

So as you have less than 60% in 10th exam so you are not eligible for those top MNC companies.But do not worry you can apply for other companies.

regards,
er.animesh6
19th April 2020, 08:53 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

It totally depends on the type of companies in which you sit for the interview
Most of the company will see all your academic throughout and some will only judge on the basis of marks scored in your 12 and your b technology
Most of the top rated companies will see your all academic marks
So all the best you can still look for the of campus placement as it will be easy for you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?