12th September 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemraj87 View Post
hello,

I am a B.Tech final year student in IT Branch.I got 54% in class 10th and 70% in 12th class.and I have 74% aggregate in my B.Tech.

so my question is that the 10th class percentage will affect in my campus placement.

reply me soon....

thank you.

Yeah its true that this will affect in your campus placement...Some of the CMMI 3 to 5 Level companies ask 60% of first divsion criteria of academic backgroung . But dont worry you can find job in any initiative company and after getting experience yor can do better, Or you can try for another Govt. exams like PSUs
26th September 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I am a Bio Medical & Instrumentation Engineering(b.Tech) student in the final year. I have sat for TCS, Wipro & Accenture and have cleared the aptitude test in TCS , but not in the rest . I did not learn maths in my 10th and 12th classes but I worked hard in the first four semesters and have a CGPA of 74% now. But my class 10 % is only 65%. Why am I not selected in any IT company. is there any possibility to break through ?? My aptitude for C, C is very nominal also. shd I proceed with the placement offers by the IT companies?? It is harassing me a lot... pls help me...
28th September 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

I Have scored 86% in 10th std, 55% in 12th std, b.tech 56%. can I get a job in off campus?pls. reply me soon.
28th September 2011, 11:24 PM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement?

Quote:
hello,

I am a B.Tech final year student in IT Branch.I got 54% in class 10th and 70% in 12th class.and I have 74% aggregate in my B.Tech.

so my question is that the 10th class percentage will affect in my campus placement.

reply me soon....

thank you.

Dear friend there is no affect in campus where you have less %.
4th October 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

my name is vivek ....i had got 55% in 10th and 88% in 2...and 71% in b.tech am i eligible for placement since my marks in 10th class is less than 60%...plz reply me..i will be very much thank ful to u..
5th October 2011, 10:18 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello,
For making a good career,You should atleast 60% in tenth so that you have a option to select any stream for 11th in many schools.
After that you have to score atleast 60% in 12th for applying any competetive examanition.
But if any colleges make their admission decision on 12 or 10th percentage then you have to score atleast 90% to get admission.
As Delhi University takes admission on the basis of 12th percentage,so students who have more than 90% will get admission only.
For higher studies,You have to score good in that field only for geeting a good job.
Hope this'l help you.
Thank You.
5th October 2011, 05:52 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
your 10 exam marks plays a role when you are applying for the job with 10 qualification job. But for campus placement yours mark in the your degree plays a major role rather than your 10th marks. So do not worry about your past but do your present course in a good manner so that you can be success in your life. All the best
8th October 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

hi iam studying mca final year. my intermediate marks was very low(50%),so it is most effect in my campus selection.so,i have any chance in out of campus. ihave 78% in mca and good knowledge in j2se,j2ee
9th October 2011, 03:06 AM
shrijan00

hy,
see practically speaking software companies like TCS,infosys,MICROSOFT,etc...demand atleast 60% in 10th and 70% in 12 ...so you can get it in 10th..what you need to take care of that you should cross 70% mark in 12th....
good luck
17th October 2011, 02:16 AM
shahraksh3

Quote:
hello,

reply me soon....

thank you.
Your 12th and engineering aggregate is good but the only problem is your 10th standard marks.Some really well known companies have their criteria that in 10 Std you must have atleast 60%. So unfortunately you may not be eligible for placement for such companies.But you can try and atleast request them as you have good engineering academics and they might allow you. Some companies have no criteria,you may apply there.
All the best hope you get a placement in a good company.
17th October 2011, 09:41 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

Hi, Dear

Most of the well reputed industries clearly say that the students must have excellent academic records to appear in campus placement (i.e. below 60, 70 or 75 % throughout are not allowed). But, many companies are also there, which do not make such announcement. So, please do not feel sad for this. There are also some good industries which evaluate your performance on the basis of your last qualification.

"Where there's a will, there's a way".
All the Best for your career...
Thank you
2nd November 2011, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

we should have 60% in aggregate for 10th or in just best 4.
28th November 2011, 09:29 PM
surekha_katreddy

As a matter of fact sure its going to affect you as almost all the companies with CMM levels-3 to CMM level 5 imposes an eligibility level of 60% to 70 % at all levels of your education.
Still dont wory there are many small companies that donot impose these kind of rules.Join in any one of them.Later after getting experience you can shift to the company you desire.
30th November 2011, 12:22 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

10th mark is very essential as it shows the strength of the person.
If you have above 75-80% Then you are brilliant. Companies seek these type of talents.

But You need to keep atleast 60% iN 10th to be elligible to sit in any private company,govt company.

Best of luck
5th December 2011, 02:43 PM
devesh2812

percentage of 10th matters of selection for a government sector...

you have a good academic record except in 10th.. but private companies can consider if you are excelent in communication skills & your stream..

so never loose your hope.. & try your BEST..

GOOD LUCK
7th December 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Is 81% in tenth is good for campus requirement
24th December 2011, 11:37 AM
arun.potturu

You have good enough percentage in 10th.But it won't help in campus placements the thing the you should have minimum 60% aggregate in all academic career for entering into campus placement.
The recruiters will consider the only the engineering percentage only.So,if you have good percentage in eng then you will have good opportunity in campus placement.
So the 10th class percentage won't help you in campus placement.
3rd January 2012, 09:34 PM
sunnyl

Most of the well reputed industries clearly say that the students must have excellent academic records to appear in campus placement (i.e. below 60, 70 or 75 % throughout are not allowed). But, many companies are also there, which do not make such announcement. So, please do not feel sad for this. There are also some good industries which evaluate your performance on the basis of your last qualification.
29th January 2012, 02:44 PM
samatha b

hello congrats for getting good percentage in B tech and more over i think your 10th percentage is not required for your campus placements it is required when you have selected in any of the placements and you have backlogs they will go for your 10th and +2 percentage
Quote:
hello,

reply me soon....

thank you.
5th February 2012, 03:14 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
There is no effect of 10th class percentage in campus recruitment... The companies which come only see your personality and your CGPA of the college....They may also take a personal interview...
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
21st February 2012, 05:07 PM
prado93

No,it is not of huge significance..

All that matters is the ability to impress the jury and how you cope with competition around you...

Campus placements mainly revolve around your B.tech degree..If you perform well in front of them..your academic record is seldom questioned..

You have a B.Tech degree in your hand..if not campus try for off campus recruitment as well..your chances of getting a job is multiplied..
23rd February 2012, 10:59 AM
SUPROTIV CHATTERJEE

Default Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement.

Dear friend,
You have 54% in class 10th and 70% in 12th class and 74% aggregate in B.Tech.
So your 10th class percentage should effect in your campus placement not much. You have a good percentage in 12th class. But you have not 75% aggregate in B.Tech. So, You face some problem in campusing. But the reputed company of IT sector want a good smart man with good personality and excellent communiction skill in english. So try to made your self like that and prepare daily for an interview.
Best of luck to get a good job.
27th February 2012, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

I am doing 2ndyr BE ECE now and i have secured 48% in 10th standard and in diploma i secured 74% whether my tenth mark is problem to get good job in IT Field and suggest me the course which i can tackle and improve my field
27th February 2012, 06:36 PM
ramandeep.2dec

Most of the big companies looks for your 10th or 12th class marks as want to assess you in long run. Its just a requirement or eligibility but doesn't impact much on your your interview performance.Be confident ,show them your skill and be positive. Let things go their way
28th February 2012, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

of what marks from ncert book the board exam of maths will come
28th February 2012, 09:31 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
  • Your 10th marks matters only when you apply for a post which require qualification of 10th standard. For jobs for higher posts you do not require
  • If you are doing bachelor degree in a particular field and applying for the job related to the degree. Try to get good marks in the degree which you are studying. And develop your skills in the field in order to develop
  • There is a saying do not worry about the past and try to concentrate in the future and you will be surely succeeding in the work you have taken.
  • Having completed tenth choose the branch of interest in the and perform well . All the best
2nd March 2012, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Hi!!! If i get 75 percent in 10th So can i get admission in science stream??? Please help me
7th March 2012, 06:57 PM
Dexter_Morgan

if you are interested in engineering course later,you can go for any Diploma course in any of Computer Sc.,Electronics & Communication,IT,Mechanical,Civil,Electrical branches etc.

For that,after completing the diploma course you have to appear Lateral Entry Engineering Test(LEET) which is a examination through which you can take admission in 2nd year or 3rd semester of BE/B.Tech engineering.

Eligibility:

you can take admission in the BE/BTech programs if:

1:you pass any diploma degree of minimum 3 years after 10th.

2:you are a citizen of India.

otherwise,you can go for higher study means 12th,then Bachelor degree,Master degree and then Ph.D in your subject.
15th March 2012, 11:56 PM
SUPROTIV CHATTERJEE

Default Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement?

There are some reputed industries which keeps an eye on the 10th and 12th record but the majority of the companies will take the final result or the latest result as it clearly indicates ur capabilities.
27th March 2012, 12:53 AM
Dilbag86

There is a great impact og 1o th percentage at the time of placement bcoz they always looking for candidate having atleast through ot 60%(sometime 70%+),.,.,.,.not only 10 but try to score more than 65% in 10,12, and graduation otherwise it will create a lot of problems for u at the time of Campus selection.
27th March 2012, 12:21 PM
jobsee

See, there are some big and reputed industries which keeps an eye on the 10th and 12th record but the majority of the companies will take the final result or the latest result as it clearly indicates ur capabilities.
10th and 12th record play a minor role as the main role is played by the candidate in his personal interview where he can show his qualities and intelligence.
6th April 2012, 10:18 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

the companies they assess candidate from his over all marks scored in acedimics....
but u seem to have improved a lot fron 10 th std....so that factor will definately impress the managers.......

best of luck
11th April 2012, 10:57 AM
jobsick

12th April 2012, 03:27 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

the companies they assess candidate from his over all marks scored in acedimics....
but u seem to have improved a lot fron 10 th std....so that factor will definately impress the managers.......

best of luck
13th April 2012, 06:30 PM
indu_sarabhai

Now you are having the best opportunites among your qualification. So you only select your interested choice. If you are interested with the networking field you can select the job of networking. The you can prove yourself. If you are interesting in software testing you can select that. This sector is the most important and best job of knowledge gainers. The final choice is yours. Best of luck.
14th April 2012, 06:30 PM
maya_sarabhai

Dear friend,

you have got good percentage in the 12th and in the b.tech, but your 10th percentage are not above the 60%, so this may create some problems.

but don't worry, if you have good knowledge of your field then you can go for the good companies.

you must have the knowledge and also the best communication skills.

best of luck.
14th April 2012, 08:58 PM
sky bhalodi

Quote:
hello,

reply me soon....

thank you.
In many IT companies there are requirement that candidates must got minimum 60% in throughout so in those companies your chances are not but there are also companies which gives the job on the basis of only graduation percentage . In government jobs also there will be minimum 60% required in 10th and 12th . So hope for the best.
14th April 2012, 09:04 PM
rakeshkrish

Quote:
hello,

reply me soon....

thank you.
not that much necessary but some questions may arise like why did not perform that well and ask for some reason
14th April 2012, 09:24 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

During a campus placement companies always limit some criteria these days 60% for instance does it mean people below 60% people are not incapabale of attending interviews? Though academics are important it has to be just part of the placement system not the heart of placement system.all the students have to be provided equal oppurtunities to do well. Students may have a low percentage but good knowledge on what basis are they evaluated???is it fair to discriminate or evaluate students(freshers) on this basis??
17th April 2012, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

if i got percentage in second semester only below 75% then i am nit eligible in placement
21st April 2012, 01:19 AM
indu_sarabhai

Hii ..There is no such restrictions that you have to get a minimum of 60% in B.Tech to appear in the GRE.
The minimum qualification required to appear for GRE is:
>You have to pass B.tech without having any backlogs.
>If you have any backlogs you are not eligible to get the seat in GRE.
>Another important thing is you need a pass port .If you have a pass port then only You are eligible to write the GRE.
All The Best....
28th April 2012, 09:10 AM
vinayaga2012

Quote:
hello,

reply me soon....

thank you.

SSLC mark is a base structure of career whereever you go and attend any one interview they always request you asked SSLC marks.which more than 60 %
even 12th and graduation also don't worry there is an always option which would give you more priority some of the software company allow
they focused only your graduation and talent ..

do you have good enough talent on that field .definitely you will get a chance

ALL THE BEST !!! DO YOUR BEST!!!
2nd May 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Hello, i have obtained only 49% in 10th that too re-appeared for maths and cleared out but in HSC I've passed with 83% and now I'm doing B.COM IT and has an overall of about 73%. Am I really eligible to at-least attend the campus interview? Will they consider my SSLC marks or will these marks be a big hurdle for me to get a good job in a reputed company?
3rd May 2012, 11:17 AM
SHEPAVNS

In some of the companies they assess candidate from his over all marks scored in acedimics....
but u seem to have improved a lot fron 10 th std....so that factor will definately impress the managers..
3rd May 2012, 09:39 PM
junaidghy

Dear friend,

There are lots of companies like Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys e.t.c needs 60% marks in all academic qualification. But there are lots of companies where 50% is enough for getting job. So it will effect you but not very much. So don't worry about these things and try your best.
1st June 2012, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

sir i m pursuing MCA and i've done BCA ...... Can you tell me some companies names which don't consider 10th class percentage so much.......
28th June 2012, 10:14 PM
nishantverma1

Thumbs up Re: Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement?

Dear friend,

In campus Placement the Company Checks your 10th and 12th Marks thus they are important if you score more marks more opportunity you get to have good job.

But if you score less marks then donot get get down, then you have second opportunity that your Graduation course are also considered thus scoring high marks, gain the probability of getting the good job.
28th July 2012, 01:54 PM
abthar

hi

There is an eligibility criteria for government and private sectors prescribed inorder to select the candidates for their recruitment.

some basic eligibility criteria is

1.candidate shoul have graduation

2.age limit between 21-3 and

3.should have scored above 60% in 10,12 and graduation.

This is the basic criteria that every notifiucation we see.

so if any one dont possess the above criteria,they wont get selected for interview.

you can apply for small industries and get experience then apply directly

Hope this posts helps you
11th August 2012, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I am Raj B.Tech final year student in IT Branch.
tell me the opputunity of govt.jobs in this sector
11th August 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

i got 85% in 10th and 74.80% in 12th and i am doing btech from a private college ,Can i get best placement in best compnies by securing good percentage in betch.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?