22nd July 2010, 04:31 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to do btech after diploma?

hai
You can do btech after your diploma.There are various programs like CAP, lateral entry for gettig admission to colleges.
22nd July 2010, 04:52 PM
sharad3010

Yes ofcourse you can do Btech. There is a scheme called lateral entry where Diploma canditates are absorbed into BE/Btech directly into 2nd year. But they do have to complete some added coureses related to their (supposedly) first year. Eventually the total duartion will be 3 years for completion of BE/Btech for diplaoma candidates, since they join directly into the 2nd year.

but u have to clear an entrance and u shold have good % in diploma
23rd July 2010, 05:16 PM
samratguha

hi friend..
yes friend you are absolutely eligible.you are doing diploma then you have to score as high as possible to take admission in good B.Tech college. Because there are limited seats for Diploma student. You will get admission directly in second year of B.Tech after diploma. I suggest you to work hard to get admission in good college
24th July 2010, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that----(1) can i get the same field in b.tech. as i got in diploma...
(2)is this possible to do 12 class , diploma(without lateral entry) and then degree((by lateral entry)...

.......u may reply me on my email id [email protected]
28th July 2010, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do btech after degree?
30th July 2010, 11:50 PM
s.k.singh

yes,any one who have done the b.tech course ,you will take admission directly on the 3rd semester through the lateral entry,but for this you have to give the entrance exam,and on the basis of the exam you can take the admission.
1st October 2010, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

hai...
i hav completed my diplomo in 2010 august. i hav already done my 2 and joined diplomo. i want to do b-tech in IT(as am a diplomo holder in Information Technology). can anyone plz suggest me about the lateral entry exams in colleges in hyderabad or bangalore?
11th October 2010, 02:15 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Since you will going to complete diploma in CS hence you will be eligible for admission in 2nd year of engineering after that. You can take admission in any of the available branches of engineering.
But as you asked the possibility , i would say that , it is possible but you have to check in the history of the education where any engineering passed student enrolled in diploma. I think there is no one. So it is not a good practise even to think about.
17th October 2010, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do B.tech after ITI?
21st October 2010, 07:43 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Is it possible to do btech after diploma?

Ofcourse you can definetly apply for B-Tech after comletion of your diploma.

Several institutions provide admission to students having diploma in engineering. Its called lateral entry in B-Tech. You will get admission in 2nd Year of B-tech. So it would take further 3 years to complete your B-Tech Degree. Some intitutions( like Indraprastha University) conduct seperate entrance test to provide admission in B-Tech.
3rd November 2010, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

I am a diploma engg, working in asia motor works bhuj, From 30-08-2010.i wants to do btech,can i do btech?
16th November 2010, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

from which link i can get syllabus of leet for b tech
17th November 2010, 10:40 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Is it possible to do btech after diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrata Joshi View Post
sir i m the student of polytechnic 6th sem c.s after 2months i will completing my diploma......i want to continue my further studies n i m not able choose the course so please can u help me choose......one more que is, is it possible to b-tech after diploma........If yes the can u tell me what is the duration of it? Please reply as soon as possible...............................
yes you can do b.tech but in the respective field only
if you want to do b.tech in polytechnic field then only can possible,
and so many college are there which are having lateral entry scheme
hope u have got my point
17th November 2010, 04:46 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Yes can apply for B.tech course .....and you need to apply for your state notification for your admission and need to write exam.
20th November 2010, 07:22 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

yes you can go for the B.TECH stream through the entrance test CET held only for the diploma students.

you can join directly in the second year of B.TECH stream if you qualify with good marks in the qualifying exam for entrance in private colleges.

But if you get a much better rank then you should join in the first year of the engineering course in universities .

all the best
8th December 2010, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

After diploma, i want todo b.tech...but i dont know any information about b.tech. i'm from gulbarga dist, karnataka state. is there any b.tech college in gulbarga??? plz give me info'n about b.tech,.,.,.
16th December 2010, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

sir i have done diploma in mechanical engineering in 2007 from Governmrnt Polytechnic and i have been working in oil and gas since 2007.Now I want to do b tech from correspondance?Can I do it ?If yes then what time would it take.
17th December 2010, 11:06 PM
M M M

Dear Friend ,

I would personally suggest you to go for B.Tech after diploma if you wish to study further ..

You can join Enginnering Colleges directly to the 2nd year of B.Tech , choosing a stream of your choice . The basic streams include....

1.Computer Science
2.IT
3.Mechanical
4.Biotechnology
5.Electrical
6.Electrical and Electronics
7.Electronic and Instrumental
8.Electronics and tele Communication.

Inorder to join esteemed institutions you need to perform well in Lateral Entry Test (LET) . You can also get admissions directly with your diploma marks . It depends on the demand put forward by different institutions . LET exams , in most cases are arranged seperately for different states . Some institutions conduct it of their own . A sample detailing of LET examination conducted by a institution in Kerala can be found here....

http://www.lbskerala.com/menu/let/LET-2010-Prospectus.pdf

You can get even more details from your seniors who have opted B.Tech after Diploma....

ALL THE BEST.

V M M M V
18th December 2010, 01:52 PM
sindhusweety

hello friend,

Yes ofcourse you can do Btech. There is a scheme called lateral entry where Diploma canditates are absorbed into BE/Btech directly into 2nd year. But they do have to complete some added coureses related to their (supposedly) first year. Eventually the total duartion will be 3 years for completion of BE/Btech for diplaoma candidates, since they join directly into the 2nd year.
18th December 2010, 10:46 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

yes obviously you can join B.tech after diploma.The examination called lateral entry.by this you can gat admission directly 2nd tear(3rd semester) of a B.tech course.

All the best.
23rd December 2010, 03:34 PM
mdtareque

Yes obviously, you can join B.Tech through "direct second year" program of various college based on your diploma percentage .
13th January 2011, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Plz inform me about the date of let exam and also the syllabus as soon as possible.
15th January 2011, 03:49 PM
Ajay kumar verma

yes it is possible. After diploma you get benefit of one year you are take admission in 2nd year of any college of related stream.
20th January 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

hi sir, i am ranjith my special diploma is completed in bio medical negg. now i want do distance education for btech in ece branch....
is it possible....? possible means please mention how can i apply for that(procedure), this is my email addr "[email protected]"
i need u r help sir, please inform to me about that details.
thank you,
ranjith kumar
28th January 2011, 07:58 PM
diego
Banned

yes, you will get direct admission into 2nd year... you will find more information on this forum on how to get lateral admission in engineerng.. check out
wishes
31st January 2011, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

give me the information of lateral entry test after diploma to join engineering college (B.E.) and my branch is cs so give me some more details for changes my branch
14th February 2011, 07:38 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir i m the student of polytechnic 6th sem c.s after 2months i will completing my diploma......i want to continue my further studies n i m not able choose the course so please can u help me choose......one more que is, is it possible to b-tech after diploma........If yes the can u tell me what is the duration of it? Please reply as soon as possible...............................
Hi...well its good that you are planning for your further studies.You can take B.Tech and its having lots of scope after the completion.The duration for the course is 4 years and then you can go in ECE course.If you opt ECE course then you have lots of advantage.You will be studying hardware,software and telecommunication which will be plus point for you while getting a job.
14th February 2011, 08:02 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am pursuing diploma from electronics and comm. my course will over in june 2010.what can i do after this.i can't do job because i am under age.i had not try for any entrance test.what should i do in these days.i do not want any gapping.
Hi...its good that you have completed your diploma but since you are under aged you can go for your further studies in b.tech in ece.Its a good course having lots of scope in future.If you opt ece than you will be having lots of plus point while looking for the job.You will have lots of option while applying for the job and higher the qualification you are having higher will the job opportunities therefore i suggest you to go for higher studies.
15th February 2011, 08:18 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes offcourse you can do B.tech adfter completing the Diploma..

The Diploma course will be help full to you while entering in the B.Tech....

I mean that you can directly enter into the second year of the B.Tech after cracking the entrance exam.

For example you can enter into the WB-JECA exam.,this exam is basically for the diploma holder students.So try it.
15th February 2011, 08:52 PM
ROOPA SAMAL

Quote:
hi......
you can apply for full time b.tech course after diploma..
you can even apply for part time b.e course....
15th March 2011, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

ca we acquire admission in nit hamirpur and other reputed btech institutes after polytech diploma???????
18th March 2011, 01:43 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

After completing diploma you can do B.Tech course. You can appear in the B.Tech Lateral Entry examination to admission in the B.Tech course. B.Tech lateral entry examination is taken only for the diploma holder for the admission in the B.tech program. You can take admission in the direct 2nd year of B.Tech. You can apply for the B.Tech course in the final year of diploma.The B.tech course for the diploma holder is of 3 years.
19th March 2011, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have done my diploma in Account & auditing form Govt. Polytech. Can i do Btech through lateral entry After completing my diplloma. If it is not possible then please guide me my further Higher Study.
19th March 2011, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

vi: is it possible to do diploma fter completion of btech
20th March 2011, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to do btech after diploma in nttf?
27th March 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir i wanted in 2nd year admission in govt. b-tech college in karnataka state.
Plz. Send me all detail in 918950745176
[email protected]
10th April 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

sir plz tell me the steps to take admission in BE orB.tech after diploma sir plz as soon as possible rply me
15th April 2011, 09:57 PM
chiranjeev90

yes you can surely go for BTECH .
On basis of your diploma marks(depends on pattern....final for annual or average for semester) apply for admission in colleges.Every state has a CAP(common admission procedure)
.You need to enroll in dat and on basis of ur marks u will get admission in any college.Depending on ur state u may also apply for individual colleges.Visit www.edunewz.com for news on cap procedure after exams.
5th May 2011, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do btech after diploma from nttf
12th May 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

hi sir im planning 2 do engineering aftr ma diploma, i'm in 6th sem,course information science..nw my xam's r goin on,aftr completion i can change my course in engineering?? is it possible to do lyk dt??? if yes plz suggest me sir???
21st May 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

I m 12th passed in science i have already gives AIEEE.now i m doing polytech.in civil eng.can i do btech after diploma ..should i have to again give exam of AIEEE
4th June 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i have just completed my diploma in ece can i take admission in 2nd year.can i take admission in du or ip . i have to give seprate entrance exam or not?
22nd June 2011, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

sir can i take iit jee or aieee entrance exam after polytechnic diploma? if yes please replt as soon as possible...........
24th June 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Can any 1 tell me the difference between BE and BTech??????
2nd July 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of Diploma. Studing in govt. College Manasar course General Engg. I want to know is any scope in General Engg. And is same course is available in B. Tech. If not which course I can join in B. Tech . Can I take benefit in 2 nd year B. Tech with the help of Diploma in another course. Kindly advise I really thank full for your advise.
5th July 2011, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir is necessary to get first division in Polytechnique to get admission in BE
5th July 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

hi,
My cousin is doing diploma in Computer eng. His last year results are just came and he is failed in one subject. Other than this subject his marks total is 60%.After clearing this subject how should he choose his career..Please suggest.
5th July 2011, 06:41 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

yes for sure ,

you can give the iitjee exam at the last year of your diploma.
or you can give the aieee exam at the last year of your diploma.

after getting the descent marks in the aieee or the iit exam you can take admission in those colleges which offers the B,TECH degree course.

thanks
6th July 2011, 10:47 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

yes for sure,

you can do b.tech after the diploma.

in the final year of the diploma you have to give the entrance exams like IITJEE OR AIEEE

. AFTER SECURING THE DESCENT RANK IN IITJEE or in AIEEE exam you can get admissions to the technical institutes offering b.tech .

to know more about the iitjee exam kindly visit the website iitjee.org

and to know more about the aieee kindly visit the website aieee.nic.in

thanks and best of luck
9th July 2011, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir which type of college Acharya institute of technology is how its placement
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?