28th May 2010, 03:31 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT JEE while applied for improvement exam in 12th?

dear friend,
yes you can appear IIT JEE while applied for improvement exam in 12th.but in that case you must have secured at least 60% marks overall and in Physics ,chemistry and maths .
11th June 2010, 10:16 PM
Saumya Supratik

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT JEE while applied for improvement exam in 12th?

I am giving the Improvement exams next year.I would be happy if you please help me.

Which all Engineering exams I cannot give if I am giving Improvement exam next year?
Like If I do get get into VIT,SRM,NIT's or maybe even IIT's this won't count as a barrier or a problem?

Also for some Colleges they require English marks on the the Statement of Marks /Marksheet.So should I give English as well as PCM?

If I am giving improvement exam in one subject for instance like Chemistry will the Marks from the previous year exam as well be shown on the New Marksheet/Statement of Marks?Will I get admission into Engineering Colleges like VIT,SRM or Government Colleges if I only give Improvement exam in one subject and manage to get my total percentage above 60?
12th June 2010, 03:17 AM
drdo99
Banned

Do hard work and try to get the best results which is possible and you will be automatically selected in a good course. You need to pass out your examinations to move further.
12th June 2010, 08:32 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

firstly in iit declared new rule for every candidate who have secared 80 to 90% marks get in cbse/any board then you can apply in iit exam.
12th June 2010, 11:00 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ish tanay View Post
sir, i had passed 12th this year with 56% and i had applied for improvement. may i appear in iitjee? and if i will appear , wat should i fill at the option i.e passed or appearing?
yes you can give iit jee exam and you should fill appearing in the form. Because if you fill passed then your 56% marksheet will be given to the college at the time of admission
12th June 2010, 10:48 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

definitely!!!!

you can appear for jee and it will be treated as your first attempt for jee and not a drop .

you will be called as appearing as your one year of first attempt to the qualifieng examination will be trated as null and you won't have to provide any info in jee form.

you required both at the time of admissions but not yet .

hope your doubt to be solved .
feel free to post as many doubts as you can,we are here to solve your doubts.

regards,
~satish
13th July 2010, 02:51 AM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
sir, i had passed 12th this year with 56% and i had applied for improvement. may i appear in iitjee? and if i will appear , wat should i fill at the option i.e passed or appearing?
Yes friend you can appear in the iitjee exam even if you have applied for the improvement.
But for this you have to do some changes in your jee form.
15th July 2010, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

When are the forms out?
18th July 2010, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

i have passed hsc with 56% but i want 2 give 12th again in2011 in maharashtra board what is the procedure for giving the exam again
24th October 2010, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

i have 57% aggregrate in my 12th 2010 now i am appearing for improvement exam in2011 can i give iit-jee
24th October 2010, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

what should i write in the iitjee form if i am going to give improvement exam of 12th in 2011?
29th October 2010, 06:56 PM
Shweta Jaiswar

i have scored 58% in 12th and have given aieee2009 for architecture
but didnt got any college and i have not given IIT .
so i'm just thinking to give IIT and AIEEE 2010 again so can i give
9th November 2010, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Thanks may friend to unmatrix me from this question
7th December 2010, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

sir what i should fill in the second part of serial no-5 of iitjee form in the case of improvement.
6th February 2011, 07:09 AM
Unregistered

What if i have already ticked on passed with 60% since i am giving improvement exam but i have got 58%? Will they reject my form even if i get 60% after improvement?
13th February 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

i have failed in physics for class 12 and I'm appearing for the compart exam this year 2011 ...........
i appeared for iit in 2010 the year wen i appeared for class 12 boards exam ...........
i want to know that if i clear my physics this year with really good marks can i appear for iit in 2012?
14th February 2011, 04:56 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

dear friend,

yes offcourse you can apply IItJEE.......
question is is what you have to show....
thats very easy..
you can show that you are a appearing student of class 12...
In this way you can give IITJEE.....

Thank You.............
19th February 2011, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

thank you i also had the same doubt.....
6th March 2011, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

i want to know,if i hav lesser marks in improvement exam compare to main exam which mark will b valid????
7th March 2011, 05:19 PM
tarun2k1

Yes you can apply for IIT.You have to tick that you are appearing.
But for getting into IIT you should get atleast 60% in your 12th.
21st March 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i have passed my 12th in october 2010. and i am appearing iitjee in 2011, can i appear iitjee in 2012?
28th March 2011, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

sir
i have heard about changing jee exam pattern from next year onwards.
it is going to be 70% board exam marks and 30% aptitude test marks.
if i get low marks in my board exams ,can i give improvement exams for my board exams and then give jee.in 2012.
pleeeeeease help.
31st March 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

for jee the criteria of 60% in aggregate is for overall percentile score or just for pcm????
11th April 2011, 06:39 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
yes offcourse you are eligible for it.
thanks
14th April 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

sir is there only single chance after filling improvment in cbse 12
29th April 2011, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

i am 12th exam fail in 2010 but i want to improve 12th exam result in 2011 with iit can i do please reply
4th May 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

i gave my 12th boards, JEE, and BITSAT this year but not sure of securing 60% in pcm .......if i give improvement exam for maths only and secure 80% agg. in pcm after improvement exam will i be eligible for BITSAT and Boards????
reply please!!!!
10th May 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

IF I GET COMPARTMENT IN ONE SUBJECT CAN I FILL IMPROVEMENT IN IT
14th May 2011, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

i m placed in infosys. i had secured 59.6% in 2 in 2006 but i appeared for improvement exam in one subject in 2007 and my marks rose to 63%. will my improvement result be valid in infosys??
24th May 2011, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

can an improvement student be considered for DU??

please reply .... i will be highly obliged.....
27th May 2011, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

i hav given 12 board2011 & secured 64%.i wish 2 giv improvement exam next year.if i secure less then 64% nxt yr,then my which mrks would be considered main xams or imprvmnts xams?
28th May 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i had given 12th as well as iit exam this year but ihad secured only 56% marks in board ....sir can i fill iit form with improvement exam??
if yes then what i will fill in appearing or appeared column...? if i fill appearing then my form will be accepted or not...??
29th May 2011, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

i secured 59.8% in class 12 . Will i be elligble for appering iit jee 2012 after giving improvement exam in two subjects and securing more than 60% in aggregate ? sir please please reply !!! i am very nervous........
7th June 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

yes you can
10th June 2011, 12:09 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
Dear student,
You are egligible for IIT only when fulfill the criteria of IIT of passing in all 3 sibjects with a minimum score of 50
11th June 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

thanks guys ,, u made me relief

now i can correct wat i had mess

once again thanks
21st June 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to aplly for iitjee 2012 and i have secured 33 marks in maths and secured 57 percent and secured 64 and 63 marks in physics and chemistry can i appy for it by giving improvement exam in maths and wat should i fill in the form ?
22nd June 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

sir,
it is a shame for me to say that m a student who have scored 94.40% in my class 10 th cbse board exam.
on the contrary i scored 65.60% in my class 12 th exam!! now i want to give the improvement exam in pcm!!!
so will my improvement marks be considered at the time of addmision??? what may be the pros and cons of giving this test leave that i will be loosing a year from my education lyf???
22nd June 2011, 11:11 AM
saptarshi1993

sir,
It is a shame on my side to tell that m a student who had secured 94.60%in class X cbse board examination 2009!! and on the other side i have scored 65.50% in class XII board exam 2011!! i m willing to give this improvement test 2011!! sir i want to ask that will the marks obtained by this improvement test be considered at the time of addmission in IIT/AIEEE/WBJEE exams?? what may be the pros and cons of giving this exam leave that i will be loosing a year of my academic life???? pls tell me more details about this exam!!!! please help sir!!!please!!!
23rd June 2011, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

sir i got 52% in PCM and i'm appearing for improvement next year so can i give iitjee next year? and if i appear what should i mark i.e. passed or appearing
26th June 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i secured 59.8% in HSCE orissa exam. I want to apply for rechecking of 1 paper. so tell me the procedure of rechecking?
26th June 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

sir i have scored 53% in 12th class in 2011 & i am appearing for improvement exams. am i eligible in iit jee 2012
26th June 2011, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 58% in 12 exam this year, i have applied for improvment exam can give iit jee next year
29th June 2011, 12:45 AM
siddharthkathuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini sharma View Post
will it be counted as my first attempt or second attempt
it will be counted as your second attempt shalini..you need to fill reappear option too..
29th June 2011, 10:13 AM
kartavya99

no you will not appear in iit jee if there is no increment in marks after improvement exam
4th July 2011, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

for bitsat do we hve to give improvment in pcm only or in all 5 subject?
9th July 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

can i take admission in b.e along with improvement exam for 12th
11th July 2011, 05:44 PM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I appear for IIT JEE while applied for improvement exam in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saptarshi1993 View Post
sir,
It is a shame on my side to tell that m a student who had secured 94.60%in class X cbse board examination 2009!! and on the other side i have scored 65.50% in class XII board exam 2011!! i m willing to give this improvement test 2011!! sir i want to ask that will the marks obtained by this improvement test be considered at the time of addmission in IIT/AIEEE/WBJEE exams?? what may be the pros and cons of giving this exam leave that i will be loosing a year of my academic life???? pls tell me more details about this exam!!!! please help sir!!!please!!!
I am happy to see that you regret your own Errors that you have commited.
Well, let me not go into asking you the reasons though, but Yes i can sure help you on your quieries that you have brought up here.
Personal Tips:
# I Had a score of 83.4 in 10th (CBSE), and ended up with a shameless 72% in my 11th and an okay 82.2% in my 12th(INTER).
# The Reason why I am Telling you this is that I had been taking IIT-JEE course along with my 11th and 12th, and sadly din't end up in either of 'em..
# Then i took up a one year Longterm course for re-trying my chance of getting into IIT's.
# I put in my /best Efforts and tried till the very end, only to loose IIT by a range of 27 marks.. :-/
#The Thing is that i don't regret for not getting into 'em, but instead i am Happy that i have learnt-"Yes, i too have certain potentials".
# Had i taken up the first two years seriously, i would have easily cracked up this thing called "IIT" .
But for my negligence, i would have presently been addressed as an IITian.
# So dude, hope you got that thing very clear, this is just a personal experience i have just shared up with you.

Pros and Cons:

# See, the first thing about repeating an year is that you should be very firm in your desicion and i can somehow sense that in you.
# Secondly, be very quick in finishing up your entire syllabus and have plenty of Revision time.
# Hell lot of practise is what you require and the accuracy levels should just be at the top most order.
# Don't listen up to your fellow buddies. They may just end you up somewhere else other than your own maintrack, hope you know what i mean..
# Losing an year is a serious setback in your career life, so just remember this and keep making the best possible use that you can.
# Choosing a Perfect college is the upmost priority thing, because the teachers play an important role in your Preparation.

And so that was it my dear friend, i have consumed all that i had in me...
Just make sure you don't get out of your track and i gaurentee that you will Head straight into these Colleges which burst with FAME- the IIT's!!!

Coming to AIEEE and your WBJEEE,
# Your preparation for IIT is sufficient for you to crack up a good AIEEE rank, and it would more than suffice your state entrance too..
# Difference b/w IIT and AIEEE is that IIT gets Deep into the Syllabus and AIEEE Focusses on a larger part of Syllabus.
# The syllabus for AIEEE is More Vast than IIT and guess WBJEEE too.
So Buddy, We share a lot of similarities
For any other assistance Mail me on [email protected]

All the very Best My Friend!

Regards,

NIKHIL

Last edited by [email protected]; 13th July 2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: just a little bit of correction in the bullet markings.. thats it.
12th July 2011, 12:45 AM
ammunation

hi dear,

Yes you can no doubt and you have to mention appearing since you will be appearing for the board exams again.

So answer your boards well and dont forget to clear the eligibility of 60%

Thanks
13th July 2011, 09:59 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can definitely apply for the IIT JEE exam. That student who have passed their 12th or is appearing for their final exams can apply for IIT JEE exam. The only thing that you have to make sure is that, you should have your final mark list in you hand before the admission procedure starts. If you get the through the exam and is called upon for admission and at the time if you are found not to have your mark list, then they will cancel your admission. You will have to show yourself as an appearing student in the application form.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?