7th April 2015, 12:11 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

Yes a person can join Merchant Navy after the completion of his 12th but for that he will have to crack NDA exam .

NDA stands or national defense academy and the same examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times every year .

The qualifications required or appearing in this examination are given below :-

You should be an unmarried male candidate .

You age must be above 16.5 years but not exceeds 19 years too .

You should have done your 12th with physics , chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized school/college . English is compulsory too for the same examination .

The NDA has three wings which are Indian Navy , Indian Air force and Indian Army.

The examination is conducted into two stages first stage is the written exams and the second stage is the SSB interview .

But friend as you are a commerce student you are not eligible for joining Merchant Navy or Indian Air force .But if you are looking for the defense field then you can go for the Indian Army wing .

For more information visit the website www.upsc.gov.in .
12th April 2015, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

Hello sir , i am doing be from electrical engineering.sir please suggest me how to get admission into merchant neavy which course i have to do what yer.
13th April 2015, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am harleen..done my 2 with PCM and got 71%. Now i am doing bsc comp science.. I am 19.5 years old...from where can i get the application form for merchant navy?..and is there any else post except deck cadet for me.?.
25th April 2015, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

SIR;I am 17 yrs old and I want to know that how to join Merchant Navy after 12[PCB] and could you please tell me average height and weight require.And what is fees requirement.
30th May 2015, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy after 12th science stream. I got 52.76% is 12th. How I can join??
2nd June 2015, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am Akshay Kumar Chugh just passed 12th. But I do not score much in examination. Can I join MARCHANT NAVY.
I am from Science Stream with Comp. Sci.
10th class score 8.4 CGPA
12th class score 58%.
How can I join Merchant Navy.
My E-Mail ID [email protected]
Thank You
Jai Hind
10th June 2015, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

are there any fees during graduating after qualifying the exam of merchant navy which will occur in the month of nov or dec
24th June 2015, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I am ganesh. I have done 10th . I dream i will have merchant. so you adviesed me. I take coaching. Please tell me. merchant me scope tell me.
12th July 2015, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

can I join merchant navy after pass 12th? What is the requiement?

Sir,
I am taranjit and I pass 12th board class with PCM in 68.22% can i join merchant navy?
My email id is_
[email protected]
14th July 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

Hi,
sir,
I am Ganesh Vhatkar i am studying in T.E(mech) so i have interesting in merchant navy
i hopes will you guide me as per your accordingly.
Thank you sir !!!!!!
19th September 2015, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Hlo sir,
I am Navpuneet singh. Now i am in 10 2 non medical with additional subject biology. I want to join Indian army in NAVY. So what i would do. How much fees for courses i would have to pay. Please reply me sir on my email [email protected]. I shall be very thankfull to you.
7th February 2016, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have 59% pcm marks and 94 marks in English in my 12th standard board exams.Can I get into IMU after the IMUCET. Is there any relaxation for the 60%pcm criteria bcoz I am at 59% and I saw the criteria is 60%. Please help me out with my query. Thank you.
21st June 2016, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

hey my name is sagar my hight is 6. 4 i m p. c. m student i was complete my 12 th but i was drop my 2 year now my age is 21 may i join marchand navy? i m very intrested in marchand navy
7th July 2016, 09:56 AM
devu shukla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the requrirements and percentage of marks required to join merchant navy.
There are many courses to opt from in context to Merchant Navy. Spanning from 3 years B.Sc. in Nautical Science. Candidates need to be 10+2 with minimum 60 per cent and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. Age limit should be between 17 to 25 years. There is also 2 years Higher National Diploma (HND) in Nautical Science. Candidates should be 10+2 PCM and age limit for the course is 25 years. The one year Diploma course in Nautical Science require candidates who have passed class 12 with minimum 55 per cent and with Physics, chemistry and maths.
29th August 2016, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

How I can join merchant navy ? But I m take the arts subject so how can I join marchent navy
3rd October 2016, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

I will complete my 12th in science field I got 51% I can joint merchant neavy I will eligible or not
9th April 2017, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy after 12th with minimum percentage of 53.64%?
18th April 2017, 02:58 AM
Unregistered

I am Rashmiranjan sahoo, I have complete my 12th science (PCM) in the year of 2012 then I have complete ITI in electrical in the year of 2014. Now can I join the Merchant Navy in the age of 22 year.
21st May 2017, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy as an officer, l'm 12th pass With pcmb with 69.8% marks
19th December 2017, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi,I am pavan from belgaum. I was completed PUC 12 year, and my pcm result is 74% in 2017.
My question is, what is qualification to join merchant navy, and what is medical test they will conduct?
18th February 2018, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am Gokul from kerala. I have finished my plus two science scream with 75 percentage. I like to join Indian navy. I will try my best in my job sir.sir I will give my life to Indian navy. Sir, reply me as soon as possible to join Indian navy. I am waiting for reply. Barath mathaki Jai
23rd March 2018, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

I am ankush, from himachal Pradesh India. How I can join Indian navy after 2 sir please suggest me.
Thank you sir, for this kindness.
15th April 2020, 06:00 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

----Must appear the entrance exam namely as CDS to join any of the defense sector.

:- moreover you have to passed Graduation with minimum of 50-60%Mark's from a recognized board.

:- Only Indian citizen allowed.

:- age not less than 19 years
27th October 2020, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy if i have 63 in physics 43 in maths anfd 44 in chemistry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?