13th March 2018, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Is admission in M.Sc Mathematics primarily based on 12th board exam percentage or on graduation results?

I wish to take admission in M.Sc Mathematics (hons.). I have scored approx 70%in B.Sc Mathematics group. Presently I'm in B.Sc Maths 3rd year student Whats the eligibility criteria for entering in M.Sc Mathematics? Is the 12th marks necessary for it? I have scored 76% in 12th in 2012. But not in each subject.

28th March 2018, 02:36 AM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Is admission in M.Sc Mathematics primarily based on 12th board exam percentage or on graduation results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wish to take admission in M.Sc Mathematics (hons.). I have scored approx 70%in B.Sc Mathematics group. Presently I'm in B.Sc Maths 3rd year student Whats the eligibility criteria for entering in M.Sc Mathematics? Is the 12th marks necessary for it? I have scored 76% in 12th in 2012. But not in each subject.
A B.sc Mathematics graduate with at least 60% marks is eligible to apply for M.Sc Mathematics (hons) course.Since you have score 70%,so you are eligible to apply for the course.There is nothing to do with the percentage you obtained in your 10+2 .It's just the percentage of Graduation which matters when you apply for a Post Graduate Course.
For getting admission to the course you may need to appear in an entrance test as all good colleges and universities conduct admission test.M.sc Mathematics will be a 2 Year course in which you will be taught various topics ranging from Algebra,discrete mathematics to operational research,Applied maths
After M.sc Degree ,you will have P.HD or M.phil as higher study options.
29th March 2018, 12:36 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is admission in M.Sc Mathematics primarily based on 12th board exam percentage or on graduation results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
M.SC Mathematics is a post graduate programme of two years, sub divided into four semesters.The basic eligibility criteria for this course is Bachelor's degree with Mathematics as a main subject from a recognized university.

Admission is given on the basis of last qualifying marks that is the Bachelor level marks is considered nothing to do with the 12th level of study percentage/marks.

Top colleges for M.SC Mathematics:

- Loyola College, Chennai

- Christ University, Banaglore

- Madras Christian College, Chennai

- Stella Maris College, Chennai

- Ramjas College, Chennai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?