21st January 2018, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for medical entrance exam NEET with combination of PCM in my 12th?

For, my High School I have a combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics PCM. Can I sit for the medical entrance exam called NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (NEET) conducted by CBSE?

23rd January 2018, 01:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for medical entrance exam NEET with combination of PCM in my 12th?

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

NEET is conducted by CBSE for admission of candidates into MBBS and BDS course in medical colleges of India.

Eligibility criteria for NEET:

1. You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th standard to apply for this exam.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.

You can not apply for NEET exam without studying biology in 12th standard.
23rd January 2018, 04:45 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for medical entrance exam NEET with combination of PCM in my 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For, my High School I have a combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics PCM. Can I sit for the medical entrance exam called NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (NEET) conducted by CBSE?
In order to apply for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) for admission to MBBS program and BDS aspirants should have passed 12th or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as subjects.

Only those candidates who have above subject combination they can only apply for NEET 2018 exam. Since you have Maths as your one of the subject and not Biology, sorry to inform you but you are not eligible for NEET exam.

For any doubt you may check the website also : www.cbseneet.nic.in
23rd January 2018, 06:36 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for NEET examination. The required minimum qualification to appear for examination is that:-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper and have scored minimum 50%.

Candidate's age must be minimum 17 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
23rd January 2018, 07:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level medical entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree courses at various medical colleges across India.

As far as you are concerned about the eligibility of candidates pursuing their Class 12th with PCM group for appearing in NEET then I would like to let you know that for appearing in NEET only those candidates are eligible who have managed to complete their Class 12th in Science stream with PCB group rather than PCM.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
23rd January 2018, 08:52 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in NEET Medical entrance examination after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream from a Government recognised board. To be eligible to appear in NEET examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCB stream with minimum aggregate of 50% marks with English as a subject in the qualifying examination from a Government recognised board. Since, you have not pursued Biology subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to appear in NEET examination.
23rd January 2018, 10:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a common medical entrance examination held for offering admission undergraduate medical degree course in any medical college across India except AIIMS.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NEET is a Class 12th with 50% marks ( or 40% in case of reserved category candidates ) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examinations are also eligible.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCM group you are not eligible for appearing in NEET as biology at Class 12th is required for must for appearing in NEET.

For detailed information regarding NEET eligibility you can refer to its official link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
23rd January 2018, 10:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear in NEET examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

The examination is conducted by CBSE.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination and to get admission in MBBS, BDS courses.

To get any other detail regarding the examination visit at http://www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?