1st April 2016, 11:04 AM
Anil Thirumalaiah

Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I am doing Bachelor Preparatory Programme in IGNOU?

Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I am doing Bachelor Preparatory Programme in IGNOU? What is the minimum criteria they would look for? Can you please provide me the right details? Looking forward to get the answer for my question.

1st April 2016, 04:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I am doing Bachelor Preparatory Programme in IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Thirumalaiah View Post
Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I am doing Bachelor Preparatory Programme in IGNOU? What is the minimum criteria they would look for? Can you please provide me the right details? Looking forward to get the answer for my question.
After completion of graduation degree from IGNOU, you can apply for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Books for IAS exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
1st April 2016, 08:53 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I am doing Bachelor Preparatory Programme in IGNOU?

You can apply for IAS exam only after completion of your Bachelor's degree.

Anyone who wishes to become an IAS officer has to clear Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC .

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must hold Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PH candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process involves of

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
1st April 2016, 09:58 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualifications required to become IAS officer is bachelor's degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories from recognised University. You have to appear in the entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year to become IAS. As a degree holder you are very much eligible to appear in the Civil Services Exam.
1st April 2016, 10:06 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. You are eligible to apply for IAS after completion of your bachelor degree in preparatory programme from IGNOU.

IAS Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 32 years. Relaxation applicable 3 years for OBC & 5 years for SC/ST.
- Maximum attempts are allowed 6 for general , 9 for OBC & No limit for SC/ST.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

IAS 2016 Important Dates
- Starting of Registration : 23th April , 2016
- Ending of Registration : 20th May , 2016
- IAS Preliminary Exam : 7th August , 2016
- IAS Main Exam : 3rd December , 2016
1st April 2016, 10:41 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

IAS eligibility criteria:-

Nationality:

A citizen of India.

Age limitation:

Age limitation of the candidate should be 21 to 30 years.

Relaxation in upper age limit is given to SC and ST students. Candidate must have the Bachelor degree in any stream from recognised University.
28th February 2018, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to apply for SI in jkp if i m doing (B P P) bachelor preparatory programe in ignou?
1st December 2018, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

I have done my Bachelor's prepatory program(BPP) from IGNOU after my10th but I don't have 12th std qualification ...after completing my BPP course I also done BDP (BA) from ignou .Am I eligible for UPSC civil services exam.Plzzz Look forward to get the answer for my question.
1st December 2018, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I have done my Bachelor's prepatory program(BPP) from IGNOU after my10th but I don't have 12th std qualification ...after completing my BPP course I also done BDP (BA) from ignou .Am I eligible for UPSC civil services exam. Look forward to get the answer for my question.
1st December 2018, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

I have done my Bachelor's prepatory program(BPP) from IGNOU after my10th but I don't have 12th std qualification ...after completing my BPP course I also done BDP (BA) from ignou .Am I eligible for UPSC civil services exam.Plzzz Look forward to get the answer for my question.
22nd January 2020, 06:30 AM
Unregistered

I am serving soldier, could any one please advice , what are the criterias of a government serving personal to apply for competitive exams.regarding eligibility from the departments and age relaxation
22nd January 2020, 06:35 AM
Unregistered

Can anyone please advise, what are the process of a governmental on services personnel while applying for competitive exams of higher post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?