23rd August 2017, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS job after completion of BCA graduation in distance mode?

Sir/Mam, Am I eligible to apply for IAS job after completion of BCA graduation in distance mode? Can someone please give me the complete details on the same as soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed to apply for the sub inspector police job in Kerala after completion of BCA in distance mode?
  2. Can I apply for IAS after completion of graduation in distance mode?
  3. What are the chances of doing Journalism after Graduation in B.Sc. Science through distance mode?
  4. Which one is better for me from job point of view between BCA Distance and BCA Regular? Will I be eligible to apply for Bank, SSC, UPSC exam after BCA in distance mode?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
  6. Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam after completion of distance BCA?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for government jobs after completion of graduation in distance mode from JNU?
  8. Am I eligible for TCS off campus recruitment after completion of BCA in distance mode?
  9. Can I apply for IAS having completed my Graduation through Distance Education? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Procedure to take admission in M.Sc maths in distance mode
  11. Is it possible to apply for graduation course after completion of 12th commerce after 10 years?
  12. Possibility to get MNC jobs through regular MBA course for distance BCom graduate? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible for getting a government job after completion of 12th standard with improvement exam?
  14. Am I eligible to do PhD through distance mode after completion graduation with 53 percentage?
  15. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Tech in distance mode from RVD University?
  16. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in any course after completion of post graduation from distance mode?
  17. How can I apply for a job under government of India? I am pursuing BCA in distance mode
  18. Is a BCA(distance education) pursuing candidate eligible for bank PO? List of Government sectors can be applied by the candidate
24th August 2017, 08:44 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS job after completion of BCA graduation in distance mode?

First thing I would like to let you know that to be appointed as an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum qualification required for appearing in the same examination are as following :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university ( in any form i.e; regular or distance ).

So having completed your graduation degree i.e; BCA you are certainly eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination if your degree is from a recognized university and you satisfy other requirements too.
24th August 2017, 09:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS job after completion of BCA graduation in distance mode?

I.A.S ( Indian Administrative Service ) recruitment is done through Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, if you have passed the course from a recognised distance university then you are eligible to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. So, candidates requires preparation with proper strategy as according to syllabus of examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th August 2017, 11:14 PM
starberry

BCA graduation from distance mode is eligible for IAS exam if distance education is obtained from government recognized university. The other eligibility criteria to appear for IAS (Indian Administrative Services) exam are as follows-

>> Graduation from recognized university
>> Minimum 55% marks in graduation
>> Age limit- 21 to 30 years
25th August 2017, 12:41 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination and after qualifying in examination will be eligible for selection as an I.A.S Officer.

Candidates passed degree from any recognised university weather distance or regular are eligible to appear in examination.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years and relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th August 2017, 09:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

The eligibility criteria for Indian Administrative Services exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. If you have done bachelor's degree in distance mode then it must be approved by UGC and Distance Education council.

2. The age limit for the IAS examination is 21-32 years.

You can apply for Civil Services exam 2018 if your institute is approved by UGC and DEC from which you have done BCA in distance mode.
27th August 2017, 04:19 AM
cataleya11

Yes you can apply for IAS after BCA in distance mode.

To become an IAS officer you need to take the civil service exam which is held by UPSC.

Eligibility conditions are-

Graduation in any stream from a UGC recognized university.

Age of the candidates- 21-32 years.

Indian citizen.

The degree course can be in regular or distance mode.

For details check www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?