15th March 2017, 11:44 AM
Dezire31

Will I be able to appear in JEE Main next year if already missed two attempts?

I am +1 student and would be appearing in +2 now but I filled the jee form last year and also in the qualifying year of +2 2017, but had given all the true details my aadhar card no. Etc etc now as we need roll no. To proceed I don't have that will I be able to give paper next year when I actually do +2?

15th March 2017, 02:21 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to appear in JEE Main next year if already missed two attempts?

You have maximum three consecutive attempts to appear in JEE main exam. Your first attempt is counted from year in which you will appear in 12th standard regular final exams. As you have already missed first two attempts, so this is your last chance to appear in JEE exam. Try to prepare in a better way and score as much as you can. After this attempt,you will not be eligible to appear in JEE main exam.
15th March 2017, 04:44 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to appear in JEE Main next year if already missed two attempts?

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for examination. JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and conducted by CBSE.

The maximum number of attempts to appear for examination is three ( for Main ) two for ( Advanced ).

The first attempt will be counted as year of appearing for 12th board examination. So, you have all your chance remaining to appear for examination. For more information visit at www.jeemain.nic.in
15th March 2017, 05:59 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

Requirements:

The minimum qualification for JEE Main examination is 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Board appearing candidates can also apply for JEE Main examination.

When you have not appeared for exam then your number of attempts will not counted. There are three consecutive attempts for JEE Main and two for JEE Advanced. Your all attempts are left.
15th March 2017, 07:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you are going to appear in 12th board examination in 2018 then your first attempt for JEE will be counted in 2018.

Other than 2018, you will be eligible to appear in 2019 and 2020 JEE Main.

For Advanced stage you will be eligible to appear in 2018 and 2019 but only after qualifying in Main.
15th March 2017, 07:54 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

For this examination candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years.

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main next year if already missed two attempts.
15th March 2017, 08:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination) conducted by CBSE and IIT for admission in B.tech and B.E courses.

The candidates passed or appearing for 12th examination are only eligible to appear for examination. So, if you will appear for 12th in 2018 then your first attempt will be in 2018.

For Main there are three attempts and for Advanced two stages. So, you do not need to worry as you have all your attempts available.
15th March 2017, 09:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

If you have filled up application form but if you will not appear for examination then also your attempt will be considered. The eligibility criteria for Joint Entrance Examination Main is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

If you are not fully prepared for exam then you may skip. But one attempt will be wasted. There are three attempts for JEE Main exam, one including in year, you appear for board examination. You will be left with two attempts for JEE Main and one in JEE Advanced.
15th March 2017, 11:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible to apply for Joint Entrance Examination Main if you have already missed two attempts.

There are three attempts for JEE Main. See if you appear for board exam of 10+2 in 2017 then you are eligible for JEE Main in 2017, 2018, 2019 and for JEE Advanced in 2017 and 2018 only.
16th March 2017, 10:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME471 View Post
You have maximum three consecutive attempts to appear in JEE main exam. Your first attempt is counted from year in which you will appear in 12th standard regular final exams. As you have already missed first two attempts, so this is your last chance to appear in JEE exam. Try to prepare in a better way and score as much as you can. After this attempt,you will not be eligible to appear in JEE main exam.
Yes, you are eligible for JEE Main exam because you have missed two attempts. There 3 attempts limit for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?