20th July 2017, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become an engineer if completed Polytechnic course after 10th standard?

Am I eligible to become an engineer if completed Polytechnic course after 10th standard? Can you please let me know the criteria? Which all engineering course I can apply for which is best for my future? Can you please guide me with the details?

22nd July 2017, 09:00 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an engineer if completed Polytechnic course after 10th standard?

Yes, you are eligible to become an Engineer, if you have completed Polytechnic course after completion of your 10th standard. Candidates who have passed three years Polytechnic course are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years Engineering course through lateral entry admission process. You can apply for Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical, Civil, Information Technology Engineering course for pursuing your higher studies.
23rd July 2017, 02:14 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an engineer if completed Polytechnic course after 10th standard?

Students who have done polytechnic course can apply for entrance exam to get admission in Bachelor of Engineering. The entrance exam for diploma candidates is Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for LEET exam:

1. You must have done polytechnic from a recognized institute.

2. You should have minimum of 60% marks in diploma to apply for LEET exam to get admission in second year of engineering.

If you clear this exam and pursue B.Tech then you can become Engineer after polytechnic course.
25th July 2017, 01:18 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to become an engineer if completed Polytechnic course after 10th standard? Can you please let me know the criteria? Which all engineering course I can apply for which is best for my future? Can you please guide me with the details?
Yes, you are eligible to become a engineer by doing three year diploma after 10th.
:- After diploma you apply for the LEET Lateral entry scheme to join degree course that is B.TECH/BE.

DETAILS REGARDING LEET AFTER DIPLOMA:-

>> Candidate going to apply for the LEET must have done diploma of three years from a govt. approved institute.

>> In lateral entry scheme the duration of degree is 3 years that are sub divided into 6 semesters in which five semesters are regular in collage and a semester is of Industrial training.

>> For LEET eligibility candidate must have scored 60% marks in diploma .

>> The selection procedure for LEET is through CET(Combined Entrance Test) so candidate selection depends upon your performance in the enterance exam.

Good luck,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?