5th January 2017, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become an IPS Officer with 0.75 vision? If not then tell me about the solution

Respected Sir, I want to become an IPS Officer but I have weak eyesight which is 0.75. I want to know whether I can become an IPS Officer with 0.75 vision or not? If not then tell me about the solution or is there a way by which I can achieve my Goal? Please answer as soon as possible.

6th January 2017, 11:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an IPS Officer with 0.75 vision? If not then tell me about the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become an IPS Officer but I have weak eyesight which is 0.75. I want to know whether I can become an IPS Officer with 0.75 vision or not? If not then tell me about the solution or is there a way by which I can achieve my Goal? Please answer as soon as possible.
If you fulfill below given physical criteria then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
23rd December 2017, 07:18 AM
nishanth60

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an IPS Officer with 0.75 vision? If not then tell me about the solution

# You are eligible to apply for IPS officer exam even though you have 0.75 eye sight as the refractive error permitted for this exam is : myopia < -4.00 D and hypermetropia > +4.00 D.
IPS exam is a part of Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year.
# Eligibility for IPS exam :
-> Graduation from UGC approved institution is the educational qualification required to apply.
-> Age limit to apply is 21-32 years for General category, 21-35 years for OBC category and 21-37 years for SC, ST candidates.
-> And maximum number of attempts allowed for this exam are : 6 times for General category, 9 times for OBC category, no such limit for SC and ST category candidates.
# Physical standards required for IPS exam :
-> Height should be 165 cm for General category & 160 cm for OBC, SC and ST candidates in case of men & 150 cm for General category, 145 cm for reserved category candidates in case of female candidates.
-> Distant vision should be 6/6, 6/9 for good eye and 6/9, 6/12 for bad eye.
13th January 2021, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

My eye vision is ( -2) .can I become a IPS/IAS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?