28th March 2011, 02:11 PM
lalthok

Am I eligible for Civil Services exam if I am 28 years old(ST/ST)? How should I go about preparing for the exam?

i am 28 yrs old. i finished my mbbs few years back. i belong to the SC/ST category( i am mentioning my age and category so that you could say about my eligibility!).i want to prepare for civil services exams. i am really confused about the age limit because if it is possible i want to give it a fight. I also want to know how to go about preparing for it from the beginning! If you would guide me i'll be very grateful. Thank you.

13th May 2011, 05:38 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services exam if I am 28 years old(ST/ST)? How should I go about preparing for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalthok View Post
i am 28 yrs old. i finished my mbbs few years back. i belong to the SC/ST category( i am mentioning my age and category so that you could say about my eligibility!).i want to prepare for civil services exams. i am really confused about the age limit because if it is possible i want to give it a fight. I also want to know how to go about preparing for it from the beginning! If you would guide me i'll be very grateful. Thank you.
Yes, You are Eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

Because to Appear in this examination, your age should between 21 To 30 years (If you are General Candidates).

For SC/ST candidates, 5 year age Relaxation will be Applicable.

So, please dont worry, You are Eligible to Apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination, And for this examination, you need bachelor degree, because bachelor degree is the minimum eligiblity to apply for this examination.

So, you are eligible to apply for Civil services examination, The exam are conducted in 2 stages - Priliminery exam And Main Exam.

So, please prepare for this examination according to the syllabus, only then you will be able to get sucess in this examination.

Pattern of CSAT Examination -

Current Affairs from National and International Evants

Logical Reasoning and Decision Making Solution

Elementary

Mathematics

Quantitative Ability

Data Interpretation from Graphic and Chart.

So, please prepare for this examination, according to the syllabus and pattern and if you want to get complete information, then please visit the official website of UPSC -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th May 2011, 07:09 PM
Roysons

Default Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services exam if I am 28 years old(ST/ST)? How should I go about preparing for the exam?

Dear,
Yes , you are definitely eligible for the Civil Services exam .
The age limitation is between 21-30 years for general categories while for the SC/ST a relaxation of 5 years is allowed and for the OBC a relaxation of 3 years is allowed.
In order to appear for the IAS/IPS exam you need to clear the CSAT conducted by the UPSC.
The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate.
So, you can apply for it.

Thanks.
13th May 2011, 11:38 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalthok View Post
Don't worry You are Eligible for Civil Service Examination.

To Appear this Examination,Age should between 21 - 30 Yrs.

The upper age limit will be applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.

Maximum 30 Yrs For General Candidates.

Maximum 33 Yrs for OBC candidates.

Maximum 35 yrs for SC/ST candidates.

And The candidate should have a graduate degree from a recognized University.

So,According to Age limits You are Eligible For Civil Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination consist of two stage : 1)Preliminary 2) Main

You should Prepare for Civil Service Examination.
  • Current Events
  • History of India
  • Sports
  • Decision Making
  • General Knowledge
  • Logical reasoning
  • Comprehension
  • Political System
  • Basic Numeracy

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2011, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

How to condition for merried candidate. like how many no of child, ect
16th July 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

i want to know ,my age will be 30 while applying 2012 prelims upsc exam, it is eligible or not?
27th August 2011, 01:23 AM
Mannu2525

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services exam if I am 28 years old(ST/ST)? How should I go about preparing for the exam?

AGE LIMIT CRITERIA IN CIVIL SERVICES EXAM
Dear,
Yes, you are eligible for the civil services exam.
Age limit for civil service exam is 21 year to 30 year.
As you are come under this limit, you are eligible.
Further 5 year age relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates by the rule of government.
Also a SC candidate are allowed to give exam as many time he wants. So, you have 7 attempts left for civil services exam.

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
30th November 2011, 11:22 PM
litunu

You are Eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

Because to Appear in this examination, your age should between 21 To 30 years (If you are General Candidates).

For SC/ST candidates, 5 year age Relaxation will be Applicable.

So, please dont worry, You are Eligible to Apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination, And for this examination, you need bachelor degree, because bachelor degree is the minimum eligiblity to apply for this examination.

So, you are eligible to apply for Civil services examination, The exam are conducted in 2 stages - Priliminery exam And Main Exam.

So, please prepare for this examination according to the syllabus, only then you will be able to get sucess in this examination.
Pattern of CSAT Examination -
Current Affairs from National and International Evants
Logical Reasoning and Decision Making Solution

good luck
16th December 2011, 02:20 PM
chint123

To Appear this Examination,Age should between 21 - 30 Yrs.

The upper age limit will be applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
Maximum 30 Yrs For General Candidates.
Maximum 33 Yrs for OBC candidates.
Maximum 35 yrs for SC/ST candidates.
And The candidate should have a graduate degree from a recognized University.
So,According to Age limits You are Eligible For Civil Service Examination.
Civil Service Examination consist of two stage : 1)Preliminary 2) Main
16th December 2011, 06:19 PM
why this kolaveri di

hello friend,
yes you are eligible for Civil service exams.

Eligibility Criteria for Civil service exams:-

**A candidate completing his graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

Age limit:-
---for general 21 to 30years.
---for BC 21 to 33years.
---for Sc/st 21 to 35years.

Number of Attempts:-
---for General 4 times
---for BC 7 times
---for Sc/st no limit

Selection Process:-

1.Prelims/Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)
2.mains exam
3.Interview

Syllabus:-

1.General studies
2.optional subjects
3.Arithmetic
4.English
5.General Numeric Ability.

prepare well
For further details www.Upsc.gov.in
all the best...............
23rd June 2012, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

hi i am bhararthi .i am so confused about the civil exams.so please give me the details about it .and my age is 30 belonged to OBC category and i am a degree holder. And also will it be possible for me to get ready for the exam as at present i dont have any knowledge about any subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?