25th July 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I do IAS, IPS after B.Com with 50%?

Can i do ias , ips after b.com with 50% ? Please tell me if its possible to do the same

26th July 2011, 01:09 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do IAS, IPS after B.Com with 50%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i do ias , ips after b.com with 50% ? Please tell me if its possible to do the same
Yes, definitely You are Eligible to apply for IAS/IPS Examination.

So, If your aim is to become IAS/IPS Officer in future then for this you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination. For this year you cant apply for this examination because the last date of apply for this examination was already Over.

And you have completed your Graduation in B.com from a recognised university Then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

Eligiblity Criteria -

- You must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised University.
- Your age should between 21 to 30 years.
- Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

There is no minimum percentage eligibility criteria to apply for this examination. So If you are Interested to apply for this examination then please wait for the Notification, The Notification was published in the employment newspaper in the month of February Every year OR also in the UPSC Official website.

The examination are divided into 2 Parts, Preliminary examination and main Examination. Firstly you have to crack the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible to apply for Main examination, the preliminary examination are totally objective type and you have to give 2 paper of 200 marks each.

General candidates may apply for this examination online and the candidates will gets only 4 Attempts to crack this examination and If you want to get More Information then please visit the UPSC website OR read the Given Notification -

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 63 views)
26th July 2011, 12:05 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

you can apply for IAS,IPS exam after B.com.

UPSC conducts civil service exam for the post of IAS,IPS.you have to write for civil service exam.civil service exam for this year is already completed you can apply next year.

For civil service exam you have to pass your graduation.there is no minimum percentage of marks required.you can also apply in final year of your graduation for civil service exam.

General age limit for civil is your age should be between 21-30 year at the time of interview.

civil service exams conduted in two parts-

Preliminiary exam
Main exam

First you have to apply for Preliminiary exm then you can apply for Main exam.

website of UPSC for more information-

http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th July 2011, 12:41 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Yes you are eligible for post of IPS,IAS exam after Bcom.For this you have to take a civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC once a year to select candidates for different post.

Eligibility Criteria -

You must be graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.
You should be between 21 to 30 years if you fall under general category.
There is some relaxation given to reserved caste students in upper age limit which is 35 years for SC/ST and 33 years for OBC students .
Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Pattern of civil service exam :
It is done in two phase preliminary and the main exam.Preliminary exam syllabus is same for all students .There is no optional subjects in it and consist of 2 papers of 200 marks each of objective type.

But in main you have optional subjects.

For more information ::http://upsc.gov.in/
26th July 2011, 02:39 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes absolutely possible!

the only educational criteria for IAS is a graduation in any stream from any recognized university.....so you can apply for IAS after doing B.Com.

then take a look at the age factor...

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.
[33 years for Sc/ST]

IAS is an exam that makes you to enter into the competitive world and make you to get the top posts such as DC and DSP and ACP so on..

You should have good knowledge in current affairs and social issues.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in

*** final year students are also eligible for IAS.
But if selected, then final years students have to show their certificate of passing at the time of interview.
26th July 2011, 03:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

dear friend,
Yes, you are eligible for the IPS exam as you satisfy the eligibility criteria,the other criteria's are mentioned below:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM:-

The candidate must be a citizen of India.
The candidate must have a a age limit of 21-30 years.
For SC/ST - 35 years.
For OBC - 33 years.
For Ex-service men it is 5 years from the prescribed limits.
The candidate must have a degree from a recognized university.

Attempts:

For OPEN-4, OBC-7,SC/ST-NO LIMIT.

yes you are eligible for IAS and IPS exam because your graduation marks is above 50%

all the best
31st July 2011, 07:16 PM
Vikas Abhishek

Quote:
Yes,you are absolutely eligible to be an IAS or an IPS.
For that,you will have to appear in an exam which is conducted by UPSC every year in the following three stages:-
1.Preliminary-CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW.

The eligibility to appear in this exam are:-
1.Graduation from any stream from a recognised university.
2.Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

There is a relaxation of 3 years and 5 years given to OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively.

So,you can appear for the exam.

Best of luck.
3rd August 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I do IAS, IPS after B.Com with 40%?
28th August 2011, 05:22 PM
dhruv007

ofcourse, you can apply for this exam after getting 50% in b.com. for appearing in this exam you should have coplete your graduation from any stream.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS & IPS both are approximetly same-

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
28th August 2011, 09:03 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

yes, surely you are eligible because in the criteria there is no particular percentage criteria is given.
your age should be 21 to 30 years.
and have a graducation degree from a recoganised university.
all d best
28th August 2011, 09:16 PM
fahran

Yes you are eligible for post of IPS,IAS exam after Bcom.For this you have to take a civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC once a year to select candidates for different post.

Eligibility Criteria -

You must be graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.
You should be between 21 to 30 years if you fall under general category.
There is some relaxation given to reserved caste students in upper age limit which is 35 years for SC/ST and 33 years for OBC students .
Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Pattern of civil service exam :
It is done in two phase preliminary and the main exam.Preliminary exam syllabus is same for all students .There is no optional subjects in it and consist of 2 papers of 200 marks each of objective type.

But in main you have optional subjects.

For more information ::http://upsc.gov.in/
31st August 2011, 07:13 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you are eligiable for IAS, IPS after B.Com with 50%.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS, IPS exam is

>>Citizenship Eligibility for IAS

MUST be a Citizen of India.

>> Educational Qualifications :

Minimum Graduate in any discipline from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).

>> Age limits :

21-30 years as on date of the exam. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories). For SC/ST candidates between 21 and 35 years of age.
For OBC candidates between 21 and 33 years of age.

all the best.........
21st October 2011, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

magadh university is recognised university or not
24th October 2011, 09:19 PM
MAGICBRICS

dear friend,

Eligiblity Criteria For IAS, IPS:-

1.>You must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University.

2.>Your age should between minimum 21 to maximum 30 years.

3.>Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

according to the eligibility criteria there is no limitation for percentage marks.
so,you have 50% marks in B.Com and you can go for this.
23rd February 2012, 12:41 PM
drurv

There is no minimum percentage eligibility criteria to apply for this examination. So If you are Interested to apply for this examination then please wait for the Notification, The Notification was published in the employment newspaper in the month of February Every year OR also in the UPSC Official website.

The examination are divided into 2 Parts, Preliminary examination and main Examination. Firstly you have to crack the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible to apply for Main examination, the preliminary examination are totally objective type and you have to give 2 paper of 200 marks each.

General candidates may apply for this examination online and the candidates will gets only 4 Attempts to crack this examination and If you want to get More Information then please visit the UPSC website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?