31st December 2014, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS officer after completing B.Tech with 70%

I have completed my B.TECH with agreegate 70%. am i eligible person to become ias officer.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IPS and B.Tech after passing B.Tech 2nd year
  2. Am I eligible for IAS officer after completing B.Tech with 70% -- [New]
  3. How to become an IAS officer after completing BMS degree? From where to get the forms? Details about IAS exam?
  4. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  5. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
  6. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  7. How to become an IAS officer after completing B.Com with 66%
  8. Am I eligible for IAS having scored 66% in 10th, 56% in 12th and 60% in B.Tech course?
  9. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?
  10. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I become IAS Officer after completion of Graduation in Geography? Which subjects should I choose for this?
  12. How many Exams I have to undergo to become IAS Officer? What are the subjects for this? Which books to prepare for this? Does coaching necessary to become IAS Officer?
  13. How to become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard? Is there any need to join any training institute?
  14. What subjects should I take to become an IAS officer through B.Tech
  15. How to get a government job after completing B.E and M.Tech? What is the maximum age limit? I want to become an IAS officer
  16. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 2nd PUC with 40%
  17. Can a candidate of 10+2 after enrolling for CA course is eligible to become IAS officer?
  18. Can we do IAS after completing BSc and MSc
3rd January 2015, 01:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS officer after completing B.Tech with 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B.TECH with agreegate 70%. am i eligible person to become ias officer.
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination. IAS is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. Final year student are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years if you a general candidate. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

For more details about IAS exam please visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
4th April 2015, 01:25 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to sit for the IAS examination.

To become an IAS officer, one has to apply for the civil service examination. Civil service examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

Civil service exam is conducted in following there phases i.e.,
  1. Preliminary exam,
  2. Main exam and
  3. Personal interview
Candidates after completing their bachelor degree in any discipline or its equivalent degree from the recognized university are eligible to sit for this examination.

However, those candidates, who are waiting for their final result or appearing for final examination are also eligible but, they have to submit proof of passing certificates at the time of documents verification process.

As you have mentioned that you have completed your B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) then, you are definitely eligible to apply for this exam.

Age Criteria:

Your age should be between 21 to 30 years. For OBC category candidates upper age should not exist 33 years, for SC/ST category it should not exist 35 years and for PWD category it should not exist 40 years.

If you belong to general category then, you can apply maximum 4 attempts, for OBC category it is up to 7 times and No attempt limit for SC/ST category.

For more details and exam notification visit official website at here: Click Here
5th April 2015, 01:08 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Of course, you are cent percent eligible for Civil Service Examination.

# All bachelor degree holders are eligible and you are B.Tech degree holder, then you will also be eligible.

# It does not matter how much marks you have obtained. Civil Service Examination has nothing to do with the marks obtained in the qualifying degree.

# Firstly, have a look at required age limit for Civil Service Examination which is as follow:

* 21-30 years for UR category
* 21-33 years for OBC category
* 21-35 years for SC and ST category
* 21-40 years for Persons with Disability

# Most important things is that there is a fixed number of attempts for candidates which is as follows:

* For SC and ST category: Unlimited number of attempts fixed.
* For UR category: Only 4 attempts fixed
* For OBC category: Only 7 attempts fixed

# Names of few books which are considered good for the preparation:

* McGraw Hill Education Series Indian Polity for Civil Service Examination by M. Laxmi Kanth
* McGraw Hill Education Series Indian Economy for Civil Service Examination by Ramesh Singh
* Indian Constitution by Subash Kashyap
* Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi
* A New Look at Modern Indian History by B.L. Grover
* Indian Economy & Performance and Policies by Uma Kapila
* India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra

# Names of few coaching institutes for Civil Services Examination in India are:

* Rau's IAS Study Circle, New Delhi
* Analog IAS Academy
* Achievers IAS Classes, Bangalore
* Royal IAS Academy, Delhi
* Brillian Tutorial, Chennai
* Sankalp IAS Forum, Mumbai
* Ujjwal IAS Academy
5th April 2015, 01:14 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Of course, you are cent percent eligible for Civil Service Examination.

# All bachelor degree holders are eligible and you are B.Tech degree holder, then you will also be eligible.

# It does not matter how much marks you have obtained. Civil Service Examination has nothing to do with the marks obtained in the qualifying degree.

# Firstly, have a look at required age limit for Civil Service Examination which is as follow:

* 21-30 years for UR category
* 21-33 years for OBC category
* 21-35 years for SC and ST category
* 21-40 years for Persons with Disability

# Most important things is that there is a fixed number of attempts for candidates which is as follows:

* For SC and ST category: Unlimited number of attempts fixed.
* For UR category: Only 4 attempts fixed
* For OBC category: Only 7 attempts fixed

# Names of few books which are considered good for the preparation:

* McGraw Hill Education Series Indian Polity for Civil Service Examination by M. Laxmi Kanth
* McGraw Hill Education Series Indian Economy for Civil Service Examination by Ramesh Singh
* Indian Constitution by Subash Kashyap
* Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi
* A New Look at Modern Indian History by B.L. Grover
* Indian Economy & Performance and Policies by Uma Kapila
* India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra

# Names of few coaching institutes for Civil Services Examination in India are:

* Rau's IAS Study Circle, New Delhi
* Analog IAS Academy
* Achievers IAS Classes, Bangalore
* Royal IAS Academy, Delhi
* Brillian Tutorial, Chennai
* Sankalp IAS Forum, Mumbai
* Ujjwal IAS Academy
7th April 2015, 01:13 AM
poojasingh151

Indian Administrative Services is the dream of so many candidates of India. It comes under category of Civil Services of India.

There is no such % criteria needed to appear for the Civil services, it only requires you must have completed your bachelor's degree from a recognized university with passing % of marks.

Since you have done your Bachelor's degree in Technology with 70% marks, you can apply for the exam.

Your age should be between 21-30 years. There is upper age relaxation of three years for candidates belonging to OBC and five years to candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

This entrance exam has three levels.

1. Preliminary exam.

2. Mains Exam.

3. Personal Interview.

You should have strong motivation along with determination, hard labour to crack this toughest exam of India.

If you want any other details visit the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?