30th January 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET SET without M.Com? I have completed B.Com and CA Degree

i Completed My B.Com & C.A. degree.
am i eligible for net set without M.Com.?
Guideline for Net Set

Related Questions:
  1. Net Set exam eligibility? which subject I should choose if I have done Bcom and MBA
  2. Can I appear in NET/SET 2016 after completion of M.Sc in June 2016? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible to apply for NET or SET exam after completion of M.Com course?
  4. Can I be eligible for NET, SET exam after completing BSc computer science in regular and MSc software technology in correspondence
  5. is it better to do MBA or MCOM after BCOM?? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Eligibility criteria for PGDM students for giving NET/SET exam?
  7. Can I be eligible for SET or NET after completing MCA?
  8. Am I eligible for NET SET without M.Com? I have completed B.Com and CA Degree
  9. In which subject I should prefer doing PhD? Marks needed in B.Com and M.Com to do PhD?
  10. What is the procedure for NET SET exam? I have completed M.Com with 2nd class
  11. What is the difference between M.Com and MBA?
  12. Am I eligible to appear for NET or SET having completed my B.Tech in Compute Science?
  13. Am I eligible for NET/SET exam after giving M.Com 1 exam from Mumbai University
  14. Is there a minimum pass percentage for degree to appear for NET exam? Am I eligible to appear for NET after completing B.Com in 4 years with 49% and then MBA in 2 years with 68%?
  15. Which University is a better choice for me to join M.Com course after completion of B.Com course from Kakatiya University?
  16. Can I be eligible for NET SET after completing PG in MBA finance with 57% marks
  17. Fee for M.Com (Computers) and M.Com general courses at Osmania University?
  18. Being ET&C Engineer in which stream should I apply for NET/SET?
1st February 2012, 10:49 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET SET without M.Com? I have completed B.Com and CA Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i Completed My B.Com & C.A. degree.
am i eligible for net set without M.Com.?
Guideline for Net Set
To be eligible for National Eligibility Test, conducted by UGC, you will have to complete masters degree program. A professional degree is usually considered equivalent to bachelors degree and therefore, being a chartered accountant, you will not be considered eligible for the test unless you complete your masters degree program.
It is also to be noted that you will need to qualify your masters degree program with a minimum of 55% marks. For candidates belonging to Sc/St category, the required percentage of marks is 50%.
27th June 2012, 08:15 AM
Vikas hrc

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET SET without M.Com? I have completed B.Com and CA Degree

Hi friend..

[FONT=&quot]Since,you have not completed your Post Graduation,you are not eligible to give NET exam.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
NET stands for National Eligibility test.It is conducted by UPSC twice a year to determine the eligibility of entrants for lectureship or to award JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).
You can appear for both at the same time.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
You are eligible to give NET if you:-
1. Post graduation from your desired stream.
2. 55% in your master's degree.
3. Your college/University should be UGC recognised.
4. If you are in your final semester,then also you can appear for NET.
5. Maximum age limit-35 years.

So,if you fulfil all these criteria,you can appear for NET.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now,let me tell you about Structure and Pattern of NET exam[/FONT][FONT=&quot].
For both lectureship and JRF same question paper is prepared by UGC. It constitutes subjects as follows;[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Paper I -Objective Type- General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Methods (50 questions) – 100 Marks[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Paper II- Objective Type – Core Subject (50 questions)- 100 Marks[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Paper III- Descriptive Type – Core Subject – will have four sections. Section 1- 5x5= 25 marks (30 words), Section 2 –15x5=75 marks (30 words), Section 3- 5x12= 60 marks (200 words) and Section 4- 1x40= 40 marks(1000 words)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Grand Total = 400 marks[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Paper I & II constitutes the first half. It is conducted during day time. Paper III, the next half is conducted afternoon. There is no negative marking for objective questions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The next NET exam is going to be held on 24th june,2012 but its application time is over now.
So,you can appear for it in December attempt.
The notifications regarding December exam will be issued in October Month.
So,please be careful regarding the notifications.

Best of luck.

Thanks.
[/FONT]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?