19th July 2011, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for NET or SET having completed my B.Tech in Compute Science?

i completed Btech in computer science...am i eligible for writing NET or SET? give me reply plz

20th July 2011, 04:15 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET or SET having completed my B.Tech in Compute Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed Btech in computer science...am i eligible for writing NET or SET? give me reply plz
NET/SET EXAMINATION ELIGIBLITY -

NET stands for National Eligiblity Test.
SET Stands for State Eligiblity Test.

NET examination was Conducted by UGC Two Times in a year, And only Post graduate candidates are eligible to apply for NET/SET Examination.

Since You have completed your B.tech, So you are not eligible for NET/SET Examination, So Please Go with M.tech OR any other Master degree Courses and then you are eligible for NET/SET Examination.

Only Post Graduate candidates who have scored minimum 55% marks in Post graduate degree course are eligible to apply for Both NET/SET Examination.

NET Examination was held 2 times in a year, first in June and Next in December, But SET Examination was held only One time in a year, The june NET Examination was already completed and eligible candidates may apply for December NET Examination after the declaration of Notification.

You are Not eligible for NET/SET Examination Now.

So, Please complete your Post Graduation degree course and then you are eligible for NET/SET Examination, Final year Post graduate candidates are also eligible for NET Examination.

Eligible candidates may apply for NET/SET Examination Online And for Complete Information Please check the Official websites -

http://ugcnetonline.in

setexam.unipune.ac.in
20th July 2011, 04:38 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET or SET having completed my B.Tech in Compute Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
NET exams are conducted for Lectureship or for the Junior Research Fellowship.
The minimum Educational Qualification required to apply for the NET/SET examination is Master's Degree.

So,You are not eligible for the NET/SET examination as you have done only B.Tech.So,first complete your Master's Degree course and then apply for the NET/SET examination and try your BEST.

Best Wishes....
20th July 2011, 05:08 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To be eligible for National Eligibility Test or State Eligibility Test for lectureship, you must hold a masters degree and must have scored a minimum of 55% in the same.
Since, at present, you hold a bachelors degree, you can not take the test.

For further information, refer to the official website of UGC.
20th July 2011, 05:08 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

UGC NET/SET

Sorry to say that you are not eligiile for NET/SET. because for apperaring net
exam you should do complete post graduate degree with 55% marks.
So firstly you should completed post graduation.

this exam conducted by ugc twice in a year in month of june and december.
The notification published in month of april and october.

Age should be 28 for JRF and in lecturership there is no upper age limit.

for more detail you can visit: www.ugc.ac.in
20th July 2011, 06:33 PM
abhi789
Banned

only post graduate student are eligible for NET,SET so prepare yourself for post graduation if you want to do so.
19th September 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BE in Electronica and telecommunication and I'm MBA, Am i eligible for wiriting NET exam in electronics?
28th November 2011, 09:59 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

NET stands for National Eligiblity Test.
SET Stands for State Eligiblity Test.

NET examination was Conducted by UGC Two Times in a year, And only Post graduate candidates are eligible to apply for NET/SET Examination.
Sorry your not eligible for it
Since You have completed your B.tech, So you are not eligible for NET/SET Examination, So Please Go with M.tech OR any other Master degree Courses and then you are eligible for NET/SET Examination.

Only Post Graduate candidates who have scored minimum 55% marks in Post graduate degree course are eligible to apply for Both NET/SET Examination.

NET Examination was held 2 times in a year, first in June and Next in December, But SET Examination was held only One time in a year
30th November 2011, 11:14 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No my friend you will not be eligible for NET exam..

Eligibility for CSIR NET exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the post graduation with 55% aggregate from a recognized university..

2.Candidates age should not be more than 28 years..

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to appear in NET exam..
First go for master degree in computer science..
All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?