31st July 2016, 12:25 AM
anandbaghel1019

Appearing in Mathematics paper is necessary for IMA and OTA exams? It there any option to skip the Mathematics paper in exam center?

I had submitted my form for IMA and OTA both. So is it necessary for me to give the exam of mathematics? Or I should get option there in the exam center.

31st July 2016, 05:43 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Appearing in Mathematics paper is necessary for IMA and OTA exams? It there any option to skip the Mathematics paper in exam center?

Yes, if you want to get recruitment in IMA after qualifying in CDS examination you have to appear for mathematics paper.

But, it is not necessary to appear for mathematics paper for recruitment in OTA (Officer's Training Academy).

The written examination paper for IMA/IAF/INA contains three papers of 100 marks each as English/General knowledge/Mathematics where as for OTA you have to appear for only English and General knowledge. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2016, 06:33 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Appearing in Mathematics paper is necessary for IMA and OTA exams? It there any option to skip the Mathematics paper in exam center?

Examination patter :-

Indian Air Force/Indian Navy/Indian Military Academy - Three papers of 100 marks each as :-

General Knowledge.

English.

Mathematics.

OTA (Officer's Training Academy) - The examination paper contains two paper of 100 marks each as

English.

General Knowledge.

So, there is no mathematics paper in OTA recruitment. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2016, 07:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is no option for you to skip mathematics paper of Combined Defence Services for Indian Military Academy. Here is the examination pattern of CDS exam:

1. For IMA, AFA and NA, you need to appear for these papers:

General English: 100 marks

General Knowledge and Awareness: 100 marks.

Elementary mathematics: 100 marks.

For Officer Training Academy:

General English: 100 marks.

General Knowledge: 100 marks.

Since you have for both, you will have to appear for mathematics examination.
31st July 2016, 09:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy and OTA stands for Officer's Training academy. Both IMA and OTA comes under Combined Defence Services. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university is minimum academic qualification required for this exam.

For Indian Military Academy, elementary mathematics paper is compulsory and candidate can not skip that. For Officer Training academy, General English and Knowledge paper is there. If you submitted the form for both IMA and OTA then you will have to appear for mathematics paper and there is no other option to skip that.
31st July 2016, 10:49 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

*Since you have applied for Combined Defence Services examination and selected for both Indian Military academy and Officer Training academy, you will have to appear for mathematics paper because for IMA, mathematics paper is compulsory.

*For Officer Training Academy, there are only two papers General English and General Knowledge.

After clearing written test, you will have to appear for Service Selection board exam.
31st July 2016, 11:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The recruitment of a candidate into IMA and OTA is done on basis of performance of candidate in written test and Service Selection Board in Combined Defence Services. Graduates in any discipline are eligible to apply for IMA and OTA. The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years and for OTA is 19-25 years.

Paper pattern for CDS exam:

>>For IMA, AFA, INA, there are three papers general English, elementary mathematics and general knowledge. For OTA, elementary mathematics paper is not conducted. But if you have applied for both then you need to appear for mathematics otherwise you will not be eligible for IMA.
31st July 2016, 11:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you have filled the application form for both the examination then if you appear for IMA you have to appear for mathematics paper also.

But candidates who have opted for the OTA do not have to appear for mathematics paper as there is no mathematics paper for OTA.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
1st August 2016, 12:57 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

It is necessary to appear for Mathematics paper for IMA but not for OTA.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification:

IMA/OTA - Bachelors degree in any stream.

-Selection Criteria :

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

-Written Exam Pattern for IMA:

English – 100 marks

General Knowledge – 100 marks

Elementary mathematics – 100 marks

-Written Exam Pattern for OTA :

English – 100 marks

General Knowledge – 100 marks
19th November 2019, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for ima, however i miss/skip the maths paper and give only 1 and 2nd paper will i be eligible for ota?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?