23rd October 2011, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Application for Merchant Navy after passing Engineering diploma in mechanical engineering?

i have engg. diploma in mechanical engg. sir can i apply in marchent navy....?i m 23 yrs old.

Related Questions:
  1. Application for Merchant Navy after passing Engineering diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. What is the procedure followed to get into merchant navy after diploma?
  3. Total fee structure for one year Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering? Best college for Mechanical Engineering for Merchant Navy?
  4. Can I do merchant navy if currently doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. What should i do after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for finding a better post in Merchant Navy?
  6. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  8. Procedure to apply in Merchant Navy after Diploma in Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  9. Best course that can be pursue after diploma in mechanical engineering to get a decent job in Merchant Navy?
  10. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Can i join Merchant Navy after studying Diploma course in Mechanical stream?
  13. How to join merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Will I be able to get job in Merchant Navy after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 72.44%?
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in mechanical engineering from Mumbai University
  16. Information regarding Merchant Navy? I am doing diploma in mechanical engineering
  17. After learning diploma in mechanical engineering how to join merchant navy?
  18. How to get a job in merchant navy after mechanical engineering? Any entrance test which I have to answer?
29th September 2012, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Application for Merchant Navy after passing Engineering diploma in mechanical engineering?

how can i join merchant navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
30th September 2012, 10:58 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Application for Merchant Navy after passing Engineering diploma in mechanical engineering?

Merchant Navy is one of the most lucerative field in the world. It is certainly attracting thousands of young boys and now even girls. Merchant Navy deals in the field of cargo transportation.

Most of our trade is done via sea. In fact more than 90 percent of transporation of heavy machinery, oil and various other goods is done via the sea. This is where Merchant Navy comes into action.

Merchant Navy is your ticket to travel the seven seas. If you are a adventerous person who wants to travel all around the world then Merchant Navy is a good option. This field also pays well. The salary of the officers can reach over 2,3 Lakh quite easily.

It is possible to join Merchant Navy after diploma course but only after completing 2 years long pre sea training. The name of the course is Presea Training for Diploma Holders (DME). There are several universities in India that are offering this course to the diploma holder. I should mak it clear that this is the only way if you want to join Merchant Navy.

Eligibility

1. Diploma in Mechanical / Marine / Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Naval Architecture / Electrical Engineering.

2. At least 50 percent marks in diploma course.

3. You should also score 50 percent in English at 10th, 12th or diploma course.

4. Age limit is 28 years.

5. minimum unaided vision 6/12 in each eye wthout colour or night blindness.
30th September 2012, 11:12 AM
jayks

Hello

MERCHANT NAVY

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy course
  • Unmarried male and female Students are ONLY eligible .
  • You should have a minimum of 55% in graduation.
  • Candidates passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.
  • Age requirement is not more than 20 years.
  • SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.

Procedure to join Merchant Navy

Post in Merchant Navy for which you can apply
Deck Cadets Post
Navigating Officers Post

30th September 2012, 11:29 AM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have engg. diploma in mechanical engg. sir can i apply in marchent navy....?i m 23 yrs old.
B-TECH Mechanical can a join for merchant NAVY,you can give examination for merchant NAVY.

* SSC(Short service commission) :-Under this Scheme you have to work for Minimum 10 Years.
which is further be upgraded to 14 years if you want.

* PC(Permanent Commission):-Under this scheme you have to work for atleast
34-35 years till your retirement age ,Generally it is 55-56 years in Indian Navy.
List of institute for courses..........

Marine Engineering & Research Institute
Southern Academy of Maritime Studies
PSN College of Engineering & Technology
Vels Academy of Maritime Education & Training
Coimbatore Marine College Institute of Maritime Studies
Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies
job offering for merchant NAVY students,.
Cochin Shipyard Limited
shipping corporation of India etc
30th September 2012, 11:54 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

ELIGIBILITY

• Diploma in Mechanical / Marine / Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Naval Architecture / Electrical Engineering.
  • At least 50 percent marks in diploma course.
  • You should also score 50 percent in English at 10th, 12th or diploma course.
  • Age limit is 28 years.
  • minimum unaided vision 6/12 in each eye wthout colour or night blindness
30th September 2012, 01:13 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Hai,

Am giving information about the Merchant Navy as per my knowledge.

Eligibility:

[B]
**Unmarried male and female candidate are eligible .

**Candidates passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.

**Age requirement is not more than 20 years.

**SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.
Selection process:

**you can be selected for the merchant navy through the written test and the interview.

**you should pass the medical fitness test for the sea services.

Post in Merchant Navy for which you can apply

**Deck Cadets Post

**Navigating Officers Post

Physical Eligibility For joining Merchant navy as Deck Cadet are as follows: -

**A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.

Eye Sight = 6/6,

Height = 167 cms,

Weight = 50 Kg

Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

List of Colleges for Merchant Navy:

**International Maritime Institute

**Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering

**Birla Institute of Technology & Science

**Indian Marine College

**Utkal University

**Marine Engineering & research Institute Mumbai

**Cochin university

**International Marine communication centre Tamil Nadu

**KLE engineering college Karnataka

**College of Engineering, Anna University

**Praveenya Institute of Marine Engineering and Maritime Studies

**Mohamed Sathak Engineering College

**Padmabhushan Vasnatdada Path Pratisthan College of Engineering (PVPPCOE)

for more details visit: www.merchantnavy.biz

regards.....santhosh..........
23rd July 2013, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

please tell me terms and conditions after diploma in mech for merchant navy
1st August 2013, 06:18 PM
Y.Bali Reddy

Thumbs up Re: Application for Merchant Navy after passing Engineering diploma in mechanical engineering?

The application for marchant navycan get from the website.
www.marchantnavy.com
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?