22nd September 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Can a computer science student apply for IAS entrance exam?

can a computer science student apply for ias exam

Related Questions:
  1. Can a computer science student apply for IAS exam?
  2. Can I apply for IAS exam being a B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student?
  3. How should a Computer Science student start with preparation for IAS exam?
  4. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a Computer Science student?
  5. Can a computer science engineering student give IAS exam and IES?
  6. Which optional should a computer science student choose for IAS exam?
  7. How much marks are required to apply for IAS exam? I am a B.Com computer application student
  8. Am I eligible to apply for IAS being a candidate of going to finish B.Tech in Computer Science in next year? How to apply for this Exam?
  9. For which subject I should apply for Ph.D entrance exam if completed M.Sc in Computer Science? Reference books for preparation? -- [New]
  10. Which entrance test to answer to take up computer science engineering in Christ Engineering College Bangalore?
  11. What steps are required for IAS exam?
  12. How to be an IAS after passing B.Tech computer science
  13. Can I apply for MCA entrance exam after passing 12th with Biology and computer science and while in final year of BCA?
  14. Colleges offering admission in Master of Computer Science in India for Bachelor of Computer Science student? Entrance exams for admission?
  15. IAS after B.Tech in Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Which subjects are better for B.E Computer Science Engineering candidate to take for IAS exam?
  17. Which subject is better for a B.Tech Computer Science student in IAS exam?
  18. Is a B.Tech Computer Science student eligible to answer IAS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam?
6th October 2012, 11:23 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a computer science student apply for IAS entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IAS stands for Indian Administrative services, to become IAS officer, you have to complete your Graduation first and after graduation you are eligible to registered for Civil services examination, the examination is conducted every year.

The examination is very competitive and lots of candidates appeared for this examination every year you need a good practice to cracked this examination.

Please prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will get success in this examination, the examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary and Mains.

Firstly you have to enrolled for Preliminary examination, the examination is objective with negative marking and you have to appear for two objective papers. If you cracked this test, then you are eligible to registered for main examination.

After main examination you are eligible for Final Interview.

To apply for this examination, you have to complete your graduate degree course in any discipline and you must have attained the age of 21 years and not more than 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

So, please start preparing well for this examination from now onward's because the Notification of this examination is going to be published soon next year in the month of February. You can fill online application form of CSE from the online UPSC portal.

So, please visit the official website of UPSC for more details about this examination.

upsc.gov.in
6th October 2012, 11:45 AM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Yes a computer science students can also appear in the IAS Exam as any of the graduate from a recognized university can appear in the exam as it does not matter that in which stream you have passed your graduation means like Science or in the commerce field it matters that you have passed the graduation from a recognized indian university and all other things does not matter

Eligibility Required for the CSE Exam:

~ The Candidate should be pass in the degree

~ The Candidate just need to be pass in degree from any stream

~ But the condition is that the university must be a recognized university

~ The Age of aspirant should be 21-30

~ Also their is age relaxation for the sc,st 5 years and obc 3 years

Number of Attempts :

~ The attempts allowed to general is 4

~ The attempts allowed to obc 7

~ The Attempts allowed to sc,st unlimited

Nationality :

~ Indian

Best of luck
6th October 2012, 12:19 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hello Friend........

Yes, you are eligible for IPS with your graduation

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

Aspirants, first crack the Civil Examination

Civil Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly once

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination : -

** Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

** Final students also eligible for this examination

** Candidates age should between 21 to 30 years, age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per government norms....for more information about age relaxation see the below image

** Candidates should be a citizen of India

Number of Attempts : -

Maximum 4 attempts for General candidates

7 attempts for OBC candidates

and

no restriction for SC/ST candidates

Selection Procedure : -

1. Preliminary Examination

2. Mains Examination

3. Interview Test

Syllabus for Preliminary Examination : -

Physical Requirements for IPS : -

See Notification for more information about Civil Examination

6th October 2012, 04:11 PM

hi,
To apply for this examination, you have to complete your graduate degree course in any discipline and you must have attained the age of 21 years and not more than 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

i think u have completed ur BE in CS so u can appear for IAS exam.
for more information u can log on to the below website:
www.upsc.gov.in
6th October 2012, 05:43 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear,

Computer science candidates can apply for IAS but they have to work really hard for it.

In Main exam for UPSC which is the exam you will write for IAS you have to choose two out of following subjects:
  1. Mathematics
  2. Agriculture
  3. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  4. Botany
  5. Chemistry
  6. Civil Engineering
  7. Commerce
  8. Economics
  9. Electrical Engineering
  10. Geography
  11. Geology
  12. Indian History
  13. Law
  14. Management
  15. Mechanical Engineering
  16. Medical Science
  17. Philosophy
  18. Physics
  19. Political Science
  20. Psychology
  21. Public Administration
  22. Sociology
  23. Statistics
  24. Zoology
  25. Anthropology

Since there is no subject that belongs to any field of computers you have to choose a subject you want and then devote tie for that subject. Study for it properly from any coaching center or faculty.

This will not be so easy as IAS exam is already tough and giving it in a new subject will be even more difficult. If you can devote a year or two easily then you can make it!

BEST OF LUCK!
24th December 2012, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

i am a student in RAKMHSU.(ras al khaimah medical and health sciences university),please help me.i want to know whether my university is ugc approved so that i could also appear for ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?