14th September 2013, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Can a graduate from electrical and electronics branch appear for IES?

can a graduate from electrical and electronics branch appear for IES..

Related Questions:
  1. Can electronics and instrumentation branch students apply for IES serve? What are the other options available for UPSC exam?
  2. What is the difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? How can I prepare for IES being a candidate of Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  3. What should I do to prepare for IES with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  4. What is the syllabus of IES for electronics and electrical branch?
  5. Entrance exam pattern and syllabus of M.A English in JNU
  6. Which exams a graduate in electrical or electronics stream to appear for?
  7. What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?
  8. Names of the books that I should refer for IES exam? My branch is electrical
  9. List of branches of engineering applicable for IES? I've completed B.E from NPTI in power engineering
  10. How to do prepare for IES and GATE? Books to be referred?
  11. Can an IT engineering graduate apply for IES(engineering services) exam?
  12. Can I give IES exam with electronics and electrical branch
  13. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  14. Which stream has maximum number of seats in IES either electrical or electronics? Which stream should I opt for the IES exam? I am IT graduate
  15. Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering? -- [New]
  17. Can I give the IES exam as an electronics and communication student under ETC branch?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria for IES entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
10th June 2014, 08:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a graduate from electrical and electronics branch appear for IES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can a graduate from electrical and electronics branch appear for IES..

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination .This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

Those candidate who have completed engineering degree with below given department are eligible for IES exam-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

So if your graduation degree is equivalent to B-Tech or BE degree then you are eligible for IES exam .

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?