4th October 2011, 04:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for upcoming civil services examination being a candidate at an age of 28 years?

i am already 28 yrs age, can i appear 2013 and 2014 civil service examinations?

4th October 2011, 01:45 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for upcoming civil services examination being a candidate at an age of 28 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, You are Eligible for 2012 and 2013 Civil services examination, Because to apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university and your age should between 21 to 30 years, and You are Now 28 years of age, so you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination this year and also on Next year.

To apply for this examination you need to complete you graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university, Final year graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.

The examination was held in 2 Stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination, Preliminary examination called CSAT Examination and In this examination there will be of 2 Papers of Same Marks and Duration. Those who cracked the Preliminary examination are eligible for Main examination.

In Main examination you have to choose the Optional Subjects as per your Graduation subjects.

So, If you are Interested then please apply for Next year Examination, the Dates of UPSC Civil services examination was already updated in the UPSC website, and the Notification was Going to be Published on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination was 05/March/2012.

The examination was Going to be Held on 20/May/2012.

>> General Candidates in this examination will gets 4 Attempts, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No limits for SC/ST Candidates.

So please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination, after declaration of Notification and for More Information check the official UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
4th October 2011, 01:56 PM
sidbond

Default Re: Can I appear for upcoming civil services examination being a candidate at an age of 28 years?

Candidate has to be 21-30 as on the 1st of August of the year of the exam.

So depending upon your date of birth, you cannot appear in 2014, but may or maynot appear for the 2013 examinations.
4th October 2011, 01:58 PM
saurabh abhijeet

hello friend,

yes you are eligible for upcoming civil service exam for 2 years.....

civil services exam is conducted by union public service commission
every year for which the eligibility is;

eligibility for civil services

>>you should be graduate from any recognized university
>>you can also apply while you are in the last year of graduation
>>your age should not be less than 21 years but upper age is given
as per the government rule,
===> 30 years for general
===> 33 years for OBC
===>35 years for SC/ST

>>number of attempts is also limited;
===> for general - 4
===> for OBC - 7
===> for SC/ST - no limits

for more information you can visit the official website of UPSC;

www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2011, 02:01 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for upcoming civil services examination being a candidate at an age of 28 years?

Quote:
yes, you are eligible for civil service examination for 2 consecutive year 2012 and 2013 with any age relaxation.
if you having a degree in any discipline with any recognized university, so you can apply for civil service examination.
a candidate should be 21 to 30 year and age relaxation also provided by upse for
SC/ST -5 YEAR
OBC- 3 YEAR
so if you have belong to above category then you can also apply after 30 year..
UPSE every year conducted civil service examination for indian people.
so next notification will be published in 2012 are
4 feb 2012.
4th October 2011, 02:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

YES , You are eligible for CIVIL SERVICE EXAM .

Because your age is not crossed 30 years in 2013.

The CIVIL SERVICE EXAM is conducted by UPSC in every year.

Those are graduate are applicable for civil service exam.

But your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation is provide 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

The CIVIL SERVICE EXAM selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam.
2)Main exam.
3)Inter View.

So if you want to apply for civil service exam you can visit upsc own website.

All the best.
4th October 2011, 02:13 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I appear for upcoming civil services examination being a candidate at an age of 28 years?

Quote:

Eligibility for Civil Services Exam

According to the UPSC guidelines..the following candidates can appear for the Civil Service Examinations :-

1) You should be a graduate from a recognized college in any stream..

2) You should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts permitted for general category is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

The exam consists of 2 rounds

1) Prelims :- This round consists of 2 objective papers which will test your aptitude,current affairs and general knowledge

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims then you shall qualify for the Mains where your knowledge of the graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds then you shall be eligible for the interview and the final selection..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
4th October 2011, 03:06 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

after completion of your graduation in any stream from a recognized university, you can appear for these exams like ,IAS IPS IAF etc etc .
the age limit for these exams are 21-30. for a general candidate.
there are 5 & 3 years of relaxation are given to SC\ST & OBC candidates.

The examination was held in 2 Stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination, Preliminary examination called CSAT Examination and In this examination there will be of 2 Papers of Same Marks and Duration. Those who cracked the Preliminary examination are eligible for Main examination.
4th October 2011, 03:40 PM
shrijan00

yes ,you are eligible.....

Civil Service Examinations are IPS, IES, IAS, IFS etc.

Civil Service Examinations are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services preliminary exam: -

1. A candidate must be an Indian citizen.

2. A candidate should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized institute / university.

3. A candidate in between 21 years to 30 years of age.

For more information & other details visit www.upsc.gov.in
13th December 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is 19 Dec 1982. Will I be eligible for UPSC CSE 2013.
13th December 2011, 05:08 PM
akashcg02

Quote:
Yes, you can surely apply for civil service exams at the age of 28, only when you have completed your graduation from any stream; in 2013 and 2014.
13th December 2011, 05:54 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you are eligible for civil service exams..

Age eligibility for Civil service exam:-

1.Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

As you are 28 years old then you can apply for civil service exam.

Go for it.
All the best.
13th December 2011, 06:19 PM
jayparikh

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for upcoming civil services examination being a candidate at an age of 28 years?

Quote:
Hi friend,

Yes, you can definitely appear for 2013 and 2014 exam.

Because, age eligibility is 21 to 30 years to appear for UPSC exam.

If you have any query , then please write it here.

Best of luck

regards
13th December 2011, 08:01 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
The civil service exams are conducted by the union public service commission. To apply for the exam the minimum requirement for the exam is
1. The aspirant can apply for the exam from the age of 21. The aspirant can apply upto a age of 30 . For bc and mbc aspirant the age is relaxed to 33. For sc and st aspirant the the relaxation is five years so that the aspirant can apply upto 35 years of age.
2. The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree from a recognised university. Final years aspirant can also apply .
3. The aspirant of general category can appear for 4 times. For bc and aspirant can attempt 7 times. There is no restriction in the number of attempts for the sc and st aspirants.
The selection procedure for the exam involves
aptitude exam
main exam
personnel interview.
The details regarding the exam is published in the newspaper and also in the website of upsc.
20th April 2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

i completed my degree in 2002 but not passed, if iam passed this year 2012 can i eligible for this exams of civils?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?