17th August 2011, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for merchant navy after appearing for 12th board exam?

I AM APPEARING FOR 12th CLASS BOARD EXAMINATIONS THIS YEAR CAN I APPLY FOR MERCHANT NAVY?

18th August 2011, 10:10 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for merchant navy after appearing for 12th board exam?

To become a merchant navy officer, one needs to be atleast 10+2 or a diploma holder...but you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board...............so if you want to go for MERCHANT navy you can.........

There will be 2 year course for Diploma Holders and successful completion you will be join merchant in either of departments
  • Deck
  • Engine
  • Catering
18th August 2011, 02:12 PM
Lyk23

Talking Re: Can I apply for merchant navy after appearing for 12th board exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I AM APPEARING FOR 12th CLASS BOARD EXAMINATIONS THIS YEAR CAN I APPLY FOR MERCHANT NAVY?
Merchant Navy is non combat fleet which is used to transport cargo's,tankers and passengers at times.

If you want to be a part of Merchant navy then you should do courses like B.E/M.E in Marine Engineering or B.sc Nautical science.

If you join in Merchant navy the posts in which you could join are the post in deck,engine or in catering.

For doing these courses you must have done +2 from a recognized board with PCM.

So it is better you chooses any of these courses after your +2 to join in Merchant navy.
18th August 2011, 07:52 PM
ssredhu
Member+

Hi friend,

The carrier which you have chosen is the best because i am also in 12th and i will also go for Merchant Navy. I have searched many top colleges who providing this opportunity. But I found in all the colleges Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies(SIMS) is the best colleges for Merchant Navy.
It provides two fields like :

1)Diploma in Nautical Science(DNS) which is one year course I think and the admission fee is Rs.500000. In this you will have to see the deck part of the ships.

2)This course is B.tech for 4 years. In this course you have to pay Rs1400000, from which everything like Mess, Hostels is included. Besides you can get lone of maximum Rs. 800000. So, in my opinion it is the best because I am aiming for this course only.
7th November 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian navy after appearing for 12th board exam?
23rd April 2012, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

wen will be the form available on this site
3rd December 2017, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

I give my 12th exam in 2018 can I fill the form for merchant navy and what is the exam date of this exam in 2018
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?