8th May 2011, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

If I have Physics, Chemistry and Computer can I apply for Merchant Navy after 12th?

Can i apply for merchant navy after class 12 board exam .i am study following subjects:
1.physics
2.chemistry
3.computer

8th June 2011, 12:18 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: If I have Physics, Chemistry and Computer can I apply for Merchant Navy after 12th?

Hi,

To study merchant navy after 10(+2),you can pursue B.Sc in nautical science or B.Tech in marine engineering.

A direct entry scheme is also there,where passing 12th with PCM(physics,chemistry and maths) students can join as deck cadets. Or if a student is having B.E degree in either Mechanical/ Electrical can join as a junior engineer in merchant navy.

In 12th, Physics,Chemistry,Maths are necessary to study any of these merchant navy courses. But in place of maths you had computer as a major subject.

So, I think you can take B.Sc nautical science which is a three year degree course. For joining reputed institutes like MERI,Mumbai and Calcutta, T.S.Chanakya Institute you have to score a good rank in the entrance test.

All the best!
8th June 2011, 12:20 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: If I have Physics, Chemistry and Computer can I apply for Merchant Navy after 12th?

Hi,

To study merchant navy after 10(+2),you can pursue B.Sc in nautical science or B.Tech in marine engineering.

A direct entry scheme is also there,where passing 12th with PCM(physics,chemistry and maths) students can join as deck cadets. Or if a student is having B.E degree in either Mechanical/ Electrical can join as a junior engineer in merchant navy.

In 12th, Physics,Chemistry,Maths are necessary to study any of these merchant navy courses. But in place of maths you had computer as a major subject.

So, I think you can take B.Sc nautical science which is a three year degree course. For joining reputed institutes like MERI,Mumbai and Calcutta, T.S.Chanakya Institute you have to score a good rank in the entrance test.

All the best!
8th June 2011, 04:17 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

yes you are eligible ..but study math,English too for exam .
good institutes are
Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?