14th June 2017, 03:08 PM
sirsagar123

Can I clear UPSC exam with 55 percent marks in 10th UP board?

Sir/Mam, I have passed class 10th from UP board with 55% and I want to crack UPSC examination. Am I able for crack UPSC examination? What type of preparations is required for that? What is the minimum criteria to apply for the exam? Awaiting for the response.

15th June 2017, 10:55 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I clear UPSC exam with 55 percent marks in 10th UP board?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. It conducts many entrance examination at national level like:

>>NDA examination.

>>Civil Services examination.

>>Combined Defence Services exam.

>>Central Armed Police Force exam etc.

The minimum qualification for NDA exam is 12th and for rest all it is bachelor's degree. You can apply for all exam when you meet minimum academic qualification. Your marks in tenth will not make you ineligible for it.
15th June 2017, 11:15 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To appear for UPSC Civil Service examination and other examination conducted by UPSC you only need to have minimum qualifying aggregate in required academic degree.

So, no doubt if you will be prepare for examination with determination and dedication, you will definitely crack the examination.

The preparation for examination must be as according to syllabus of examination. So, visit official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in and get the syllabus for examination for preparation.
15th June 2017, 12:21 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after securing 55% marks in UP Board 10th standard, you can appear for UPSC exams.

But for appearing in UPSC exam or Civil Services Exam, you will have to complete your 10+2 standard and graduation first.

You can appear for Civil Services Exam (UPSC Exam) while pursuing your final year of graduation also.

For clearing UPSC exam, you will have to pass three stages:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

Some of the books that you may refer for UPSC exam are:

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paper 2) 2015 (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 740

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination Paper - 1 (2014) (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 1,250

CSAT 2015 (Paper II) Volume - 1 (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 459

Indian Economy for Civil Services Examination (English) 6th Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 378
15th June 2017, 12:28 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts numerous examination and so it will be tough to give eligibility for each of them and also I am not eligible to guess the examination for which you want to appear for examination.

But, you are eligible to most of the examination as no UPSC examination give importance to aggregate in 10th, 12th or academic qualification.

Yes, you have to give extra effort to qualify in examination conducted by UPSC as it is conducts entrance examination for officer rank jobs. To get eligibility for examination conducted by UPSC visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 04:08 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

UPSC is a examination conducting body and it conducts examination for recruitment in various officer's jobs.

List of examination conducted by UPSC is :-

Civil Service Examination.

National Defence Academy.

Central Armed Police Force.

Indian Engineering Service etc.

For most of them other than NDA the required minimum qualification to appear for examination is bachelor degree from a recognised university. There is no minimum required aggregate to appear for examination other than passing marks.

So, to get eligibility criteria for any specific examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 06:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) is not an examination rather it is used for Civil Services examination in general.

Civil Services examination is held by UPSC once every year in three stages which includes (i) Preliminary Test (ii) Mains and (iii) Personal Interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualification required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same examination are also eligible.

For qualifying this examination you will have to start focusing on General Studies by going through the NCERT books from Class VI onwards. Further you will also need to work on current affairs and general knowledge for which you should go for the books by Arihant publications and monthly and weekly magazines like India Today, Success Mirror, Pratiyogita Darpan, etc. .

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 09:55 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA is one UPSC exam for which academic qualification required is 10+2. But for other UPSC exams, educational qualification required is bachelor's degree.

In UPSC exam, percentage of marks do not play a major role. Here, you will have to crack exam. With 55% marks in tenth standard, you will eligible for all other exams when you attain minimum qualification for UPSC exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?