25th June 2013, 01:35 PM
namita sharma 3

Can I do IPS after passing 12th?

Can I do IPS after 12th??..Could u please give me the details regarding that

26th March 2014, 12:20 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do IPS after passing 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by namita sharma 3 View Post
Can I do IPS after 12th??..Could u please give me the details regarding that
No it's not possible to appear ing IPS Entrance Examination after completing 12th standard.

Under graduation course or It's equivalent qualification from recognized university is basic Educational qualification to apply for IPS Entrance Examination.

So, You need to complete graduation course, then only you are eligible to apply for IPS Entrance Examination. So, I suggest you to complete graduation course first.

After Completing your graduation course you're definitely applicable for IPS Entrance Examination.

IPS Stands for Indian Police Service and this Entrance Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every year.

You need to possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and Final year candidate can also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination.

No Minimum Marks required for this Entrance Examination. So, If you complete bachelor degree with pass mark you're eligible for IPS Entrance Examination.

The Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years and Maximum 30 years and relaxation will be applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates 3 Years for OBC
and 5 year for SC/ST.

So, If you satisfy the Education Criteria then you are eligible for IPS Entrance Examination.

For more information please visit here:- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
7th April 2014, 08:35 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I do IPS after passing 12th?

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates in order to make entry into IPS is by completion of Graduation.

All the candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream are eligible to apply for IPS.

In order to be placed in IPS, one should crack the following selection procedure.
CSAT Exam
Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
IAS
IPS
IFS
IRS etc.

This exam is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

The required age criteria for the candidates will be
21-30 years for the candidates of General category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

So, I suggest you to complete your Graduation in the stream in which you are interested and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

Opt for the optional subject for Main Exam in accordance with your stream in Graduation.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?