19th June 2013, 05:33 PM
manojkumartungala

Can I be eligible to apply for IPS after completing degree in B.Com general

i have completed degree b.com general can i applicable to apply for IPS?

1st April 2014, 02:02 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible to apply for IPS after completing degree in B.Com general

You are eligible for appearing for the IPS Exam. You also have to meet their physical standards after you have cleared the entrance test. The entrance exam comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. IPS exam also have some specific physical requirement which are different from rest of the Civil Service exam.
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.
The age limit has to be 21 years minimum till 30 years maximum. Incase ofOBCs, it is 33 and 35 for SCs/STs . There are four attempts for the for general, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. The physical standards are equally important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the National Police Academy, Hyderabad is conducted.
2nd April 2014, 01:59 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I be eligible to apply for IPS after completing degree in B.Com general

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. It is one of the popular civil service in India.

In order to be placed in any of the civil service, one should crack the following selection procedure

Civil Service Aptitude Test
Civil Service Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year to recruit the candidates into various civil services like
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Revenue Service etc.

The eligibility criteria to apply for this exam will be as follows

Academic criteria :

Candidate should have completed Graduation with any of the stream.

No minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in Graduation.

Age criteria :
Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

As you have completed your B.Com course, you are eligible to apply for CSAT Exam.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?