31st August 2012, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

can I get a job in Merchant Navy after passing Mechanical diploma from AICTE recognized university

i am mechanical diploma holder from AICTE recognised university & interested to work in merchant navy. can i get job in merchant navy?

17th January 2013, 07:14 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Default Re: can I get a job in Merchant Navy after passing Mechanical diploma from AICTE recognized university

To start a good career in merchant navy you should appear for OPEN-NET Examination which is conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi and Directorate General of Shipping (DGS), Mumbai.

On the basis of this examination you will be eligible to do B.Sc in Nautical Science or Diploma in Nautical Science.

Please note that Diploma in Mechanical will not serve benifit to you in the field of merchant navy. To be eligible for OPEN-NET Examination you must have did 10+2 with 55% in PCM and must have attain age of 20 or maximum up to 22 years.
17th January 2013, 07:17 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: can I get a job in Merchant Navy after passing Mechanical diploma from AICTE recognized university

To start a good career in merchant navy you should appear for OPEN-NET Examination which is conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi and Directorate General of Shipping (DGS), Mumbai.

On the basis of this examination you will be eligible to do B.Sc in Nautical Science or Diploma in Nautical Science.

Please note that Diploma in Mechanical will not serve benifit to you in the field of merchant navy. To be eligible for OPEN-NET Examination you must have did 10+2 with 55% in PCM and must have attain age of 20 or maximum up to 22 years.
18th January 2013, 08:59 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: can I get a job in Merchant Navy after passing Mechanical diploma from AICTE recognized university

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am mechanical diploma holder from AICTE recognised university & interested to work in merchant navy. can i get job in merchant navy?

14th May 2013, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: can I get a job in Merchant Navy after passing Mechanical diploma from AICTE recognized university

can diploma holder in mechanical engg get job in merchant navy or Indian navy or in naval field.
16th December 2016, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

I have completed AMIE in Mechanical Engg which Is equivalent to BE after completion of Diploma in Automobile Engg. So can I Join the Merchant Navy ? How ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?