4th January 2012, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I give CDS exam after pursuing degree in electronics engineering?

hi,
iam pursuing my degree in electronics engg. and iam presently studying in 4th sem.(jan-may2012) and my d.o.b is 23/4/1991.can i give the cds exam and join indian air force or will i
be overaged for exam till my last year?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give AMIE mining exam after pursuing engineering in electronics and communication?
  2. How to do computer science after completing B.E ECE?
  3. How to apply for CDS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class and pursuing B.Com course?
  4. Am I eligible for CDSE, UES, Indian Army entrance exam? I am pursuing mechanical engineering 3rd year
  5. List of Core Companies to do Training being a candidate pursuing BE in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  6. How can I opt for PG degree related to Environmental Science after pursuing Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  7. M.Sc in Electronics or B.Tech in Electronics which is better after B.Sc in Electronics? -- [New]
  8. Can I give CDS exam after doing BSc Electronics?
  9. Am I eligible for CDS Exam being a candidate pursuing my final year of Graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What do I have to study exactly for CDS entrance test?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in CDS entrance exam being a student of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. How to appear for CDS exam? I have done BSc electronics
  13. What type of preparation should be done after pursuing degree in B.Tech electronics
  14. Are there any scholarships available for pursuing masters degree in a good university of US or Germany? Are there any exams other than GRE and TOEFL for pursuing degree in US?
  15. Should I have to appear in CDS exam to join Indian Navy being a B.Tech(Marine Engineering) student?
  16. How to appear for CDS exam? I am pursuing B.Tech
  17. Can I appear in CDS exam being a B.Tech(ECE) final semester female candidate?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam if pursuing B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) from Deemed University?
5th January 2012, 09:41 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CDS exam after pursuing degree in electronics engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
iam pursuing my degree in electronics engg. and iam presently studying in 4th sem.(jan-may2012) and my d.o.b is 23/4/1991.can i give the cds exam and join indian air force or will i
Yes of course,there is no doubt about that...

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year as namely CDS I and CDS II.This year notification was already out and last date for receipt of application was also already closed.

CDS examination is conducted for recruitment in Indian Military,Indian Naval,Indian Air force and Officer Training Academy.

Education Qualification :-
------------------------

Indian Military/Officer Training :- The applicant should be finished their degree with any stream from a recognized University or equivalent examination.

Indian Naval Academy :- The applicant should be completed their B.Sc degree with physics and mathematics or Bachelor's of Engineering with any stream of a recognized University or equivalent examination.

Indian Air force Academy :- The applicant must have passed their B.Sc degree with Mathematics and Physics at 12th level examination OR Bachelor of Engineering degree in any discipline of a recognized University.

Age limits :-
----------

-Indian Military Academy :- 19 - 24 years.
-Indian Naval Academy :- 19 - 22 years.
-Indian Air force Academy :- 19 - 23 years.
-Officer Training Academy :- 19 - 25 years.

Syllabus for CDS examination(Military,Naval,Air force) :-

-English
-Mathematics
-General Knowledge

Syllabus for CDS examination(Officer Training Academy) :-

-English
-General Knowledge

Next notification will be publish in the month of June in the official website or employment news papers and Other information Sites also.

More details,Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
5th January 2012, 09:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CDS exam after pursuing degree in electronics engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,

Yes , You are eligible for CDS exam because you are in now final year student.

CDS exam is conducted by UPSC . Only graduate are eligible for CDS exam.

COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAM(CDSE)

Those candidate are completed graduation are eligible for CDSE exam but 12 standard subject must be Math and Physics.

OR Graduate persons are also eligible for CDS exam

B-TECH ans BE student are also eligible for this exam .But you have not any Pending Backlog.

Final Year student are also eligible for CDSE exam.There is no percentage marks criteria.

AGE CRITERIA

Indian Military Academy - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy - 19-25 Years

You can prepare well these books .These books are really helpful for you.

BEST BOOKS FOR CDS EXAM

I have attached some question Paper of CDS exam so please check it out and practice more.

C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
  • Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 02.06.2012/02.07.2012
  • Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 16.09.2012

C.D.S. EXAM.(I), 2012
  • Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 29.10.2011/28.11.2011
  • Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 12.02.2012

I have attached the syllabus and some question paper of CDS exam so please check it out.

For more details you can www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: docx CDS Examination Syllabus....docx(13.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: pdf CDSE II 2010 (Elementary Maths).pdf(641.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: pdf CDSE II 2010 (English).pdf(507.5 KB, 82 views)
File Type: pdf CDSE II 2010 (G.K).pdf(1.24 MB, 99 views)
5th January 2012, 10:35 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can I give CDS exam after pursuing degree in electronics engineering?

Yeah, absolutely you can apply for CDS(COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES EXAMINATION) after you finish your degree in electronics and communication engineering. You can look for the application form notification in Employment news or from the www.upsc.gov.in

They call for the vacancies in the following centres:

1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun

2.Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala

3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad

4. Officers Training Academy, Chennai

You can apply online at http://www.upsconline.nic.in/

Regards,

yash
5th January 2012, 02:45 PM
the gladiator

you can give this exam if you are in second last or final year in B.Tech. this exam held twice in a year. focusing on age, there is a different criteria for the various field according to age. generally the required age is 19 to 25 years. for air force the required age is 19 to 23 years.
so don't worry and prepare for exam.
5th January 2012, 04:57 PM
sahaja mallarapu

yes you can give CDS exam after your Graduation.

CDS Combined Defence Service exam is conducted by UPSC.
UPSC will conduct this exam two times in a year.

eligibility criteria:
candidate should complete his/her graduatrion or a person who is in final year also can apply for this exam.
candidate who is appearing for navy and airforce should have studied maths and physics in his/her 12th class.

Age Limit:

Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years.
Air Force Academy 19-23 Years.
Naval Academy 19-22 Years.
Officer Training Academy 19-25 Years.

Exam Pattern:
total 300 marks
English-100
general knowledge-100
elementary mathematics: 100
15th May 2012, 03:43 PM
chillarboy
Member+

You are eligible for CDS exam because you are in now final year student.
CDS exam is conducted by UPSC . Only graduate are eligible for CDS exam.
COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAM(CDSE)
Those candidate are completed graduation are eligible for CDSE exam but 12 standard subject must be Math and Physics.
OR Graduate persons are also eligible for CDS exam
B-TECH ans BE student are also eligible for this exam .But you have not any Pending Backlog.
Final Year student are also eligible for CDSE exam.There is no percentage marks criteria.
8th June 2012, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

sir im complit diploma in electrical engg . i have to joint indian nevi after BE .through CDS exam help me... plz
16th June 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

i got one backlog in 2nd year but it is clear now am in 3rd year ..Is i am elgible for cds exam ?????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?